HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Vladimir Tarasenko

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-12-2011, 11:42 PM
  #51
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 22,992
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
LOL at "ReginKarlssonLehner" suddenly becoming a huge Filatov defender the moment he gets traded to Ottawa.
I was always a huge Filatov fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylord22 View Post
but if you honestly cant see the difference between these two then...
This isn't the argument, there is a huge difference in their play, you are trying to twist my words around. I was arguing high-end skill only.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline  
Old
07-13-2011, 12:55 AM
  #52
taylord22
Registered User
 
taylord22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 1,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
While I agree with you about strength on the puck being incredibly important for an NHLer, I totally disagree with using Kane as an example of someone who ISN'T strong on the puck.
I agree that Kane is deceptively strong on the puck -- I didn't mean to imply that he wasn't. My choice of Toews over Kane in a 1-1 is not a knock on Kane, but rather a large compliment to how strong Toews is on the rush driving to the net.

Thanks for the Babcock link, though...

taylord22 is offline  
Old
07-13-2011, 01:04 AM
  #53
taylord22
Registered User
 
taylord22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 1,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
This isn't the argument, there is a huge difference in their play, you are trying to twist my words around. I was arguing high-end skill only.
I think the crux of our argument is centering around the phrase "high-end skill", which IMO, doesn't necessarily *just* mean skating and a flashy stick. Guys like Datsyuk, Toews, Crosby, Kessler and Ovie have proven that players who truly yield high-end skill should be able to use it in other facets of their game -- skills should compliment a player, not define them.

"Intangibles" has become an all-encompassing word for sense, drive/ethic, defensive stick, leadership, etc...those skills matter as much or more than stick work. That's why, IMO, "high-end skill" encompasses more than just skating, shooting, and stick-work.

A player with high-end stick work should be able to maneuver the puck not only around defenders, but also away from the opposition. A +skater should be able to utilize his speed around all areas of the ice to truly deserve the term "high-end".

Maybe I'm completely off base

taylord22 is offline  
Old
07-13-2011, 01:22 AM
  #54
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 22,992
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylord22 View Post
I think the crux of our argument is centering around the phrase "high-end skill", which IMO, doesn't necessarily *just* mean skating and a flashy stick. Guys like Datsyuk, Toews, Crosby, Kessler and Ovie have proven that players who truly yield high-end skill should be able to use it in other facets of their game -- skills should compliment a player, not define them.

"Intangibles" has become an all-encompassing word for sense, drive/ethic, defensive stick, leadership, etc...those skills matter as much or more than stick work. That's why, IMO, "high-end skill" encompasses more than just skating, shooting, and stick-work.

A player with high-end stick work should be able to maneuver the puck not only around defenders, but also away from the opposition. A +skater should be able to utilize his speed around all areas of the ice to truly deserve the term "high-end".

Maybe I'm completely off base
Some good points and I understand where you are getting at I was basically referring to just pure skill that's way.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline  
Old
07-13-2011, 03:25 AM
  #55
Blane Youngblood
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 3,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL fan in IA View Post
Tarasenko isn't signed yet but even if he remains unsigned 2 years after his draft, Russians don't re-enter the draft like the other Euro draftees do since there is no transfer agreement in place with the Russian Federation. Until/unless they come to a transfer agreement, the NHL has determined that as far as the NHL rights for these players go, teams hold the rights of players drafted out of Russia in perpetuity.
That makes sense. Thanks.

I think it might be a good year to not sign if you're a high end prospect due to the major cap increase expected as a result of the new TV deal.

Blane Youngblood is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 10:16 AM
  #56
pouskin74*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Swansea, UK
Posts: 4,388
vCash: 500
Tarasenko shows his leadership skills against Salavat Yulayev with an hattrick!

pouskin74* is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 11:30 AM
  #57
Hockeysemin
Registered User
 
Hockeysemin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,068
vCash: 500
10 points (6+4) in 11 games now

Hockeysemin is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 12:05 PM
  #58
Kshahdoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 3,221
vCash: 500
Kuznetsov vs Tarasenko is going to be hot. Evgeniy scored double yesterday, and Vladimir scored hatty today. And Sibir beat Salavat Yulaev, a cup holder btw...

Kshahdoo is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 12:15 PM
  #59
Hockeysemin
Registered User
 
Hockeysemin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,068
vCash: 500
Game highlights, His second and third was pretty nice


Hockeysemin is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 12:21 PM
  #60
R S
Renegade Stylings
 
R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,077
vCash: 420
Can't wait to draft him in my keeper league next year.

R S is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 12:34 PM
  #61
thrillhous
Registered User
 
thrillhous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshahdoo View Post
Kuznetsov vs Tarasenko is going to be hot. Evgeniy scored double yesterday, and Vladimir scored hatty today. And Sibir beat Salavat Yulaev, a cup holder btw...
That second goal was incredible. Amazing hands.

Did Radulov play for SY?

thrillhous is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 12:50 PM
  #62
Trvp Lord
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,384
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Trvp Lord
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillhous View Post
That second goal was incredible. Amazing hands.

Did Radulov play for SY?
Great goals, yeah. Radulov played for SY.

Trvp Lord is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 12:53 PM
  #63
Le CH
Registered User
 
Le CH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Can't wait to draft him in my keeper league next year.
Is it 100% sure he is coming to NA next year or is he likely to sign another KHL contract?

Le CH is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 01:07 PM
  #64
HooliganX2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le CH View Post
Is it 100% sure he is coming to NA next year or is he likely to sign another KHL contract?
It's not a 100% he seems to want to come play next season. As a Blues fan I really hope he comes over next season.

HooliganX2 is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 02:06 PM
  #65
TheBakester66
Registered User
 
TheBakester66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis, MO, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Can't wait to draft him in my keeper league next year.
How is he still available in your keeper league?

TheBakester66 is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 02:34 PM
  #66
pouskin74*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Swansea, UK
Posts: 4,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
It's not a 100% he seems to want to come play next season. As a Blues fan I really hope he comes over next season.
dont worry he will come over next year.

pouskin74* is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 03:43 PM
  #67
R S
Renegade Stylings
 
R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,077
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBakester66 View Post
How is he still available in your keeper league?
Not a very deep one. 12 teams w rosters of 27 players each. Most people decided to only have 1-2 prospects and both Granlund and Tarasenko were unpicked.

Safe to say they are my targets for rounds 1-2 next season.

R S is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 09:58 PM
  #68
Jzk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,028
vCash: 750
That second goal was amazing.

Jzk is offline  
Old
10-11-2011, 08:21 AM
  #69
TheBakester66
Registered User
 
TheBakester66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis, MO, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Not a very deep one. 12 teams w rosters of 27 players each. Most people decided to only have 1-2 prospects and both Granlund and Tarasenko were unpicked.

Safe to say they are my targets for rounds 1-2 next season.
European prospects do sometimes sit in house leagues. But all it takes is one guy to swoop those guys off the board. We only have 4 rookie slots, but i took tarasenko in 2008, and Granlund went to someone else in 2010.

TheBakester66 is offline  
Old
10-12-2011, 03:20 PM
  #70
pouskin74*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Swansea, UK
Posts: 4,388
vCash: 500
another game and another 2 points

pouskin74* is offline  
Old
10-12-2011, 04:28 PM
  #71
bishop12
Ovyously
 
bishop12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 7,708
vCash: 500
I'll take Schwartz 10 times out of 10 over this guy.

bishop12 is offline  
Old
10-12-2011, 04:45 PM
  #72
Bob Sacamanu
Registered User
 
Bob Sacamanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mind_the_gap View Post
I'll take Schwartz 10 times out of 10 over this guy.
I'm pretty torn on this one, but I'm leaning toward Tarasenko being better. I'll wait patiently and find out.

Bob Sacamanu is offline  
Old
10-12-2011, 05:00 PM
  #73
HooliganX2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mind_the_gap View Post
I'll take Schwartz 10 times out of 10 over this guy.
I disagree strongly. But it's a good think the Blues have both and don't have to choose 1.

HooliganX2 is offline  
Old
10-12-2011, 05:01 PM
  #74
Trvp Lord
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,384
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Trvp Lord
Quote:
Originally Posted by mind_the_gap View Post
I'll take Schwartz 10 times out of 10 over this guy.
Why would you do that?

Trvp Lord is offline  
Old
10-12-2011, 05:05 PM
  #75
bishop12
Ovyously
 
bishop12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 7,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cccchristien View Post
Why would you do that?
Who would you rather: Semin or Parise?

bishop12 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.