HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers can't wait for 'normal life'

Old
10-10-2011, 09:40 AM
JimmyStart*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
No because they went out and got the job done as opposed to ****ing the bed and making excuses for it the next day.
Were they in the same situation as we were? Coulda sworn we were in a unique situation. Yet people keep dismissing that entirely

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 10:51 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSutton View Post
One one hand, yes, 4 other teams opened in Europe. on the other hand, none had the schedule that we had.
Are you aware that the Ducks played in Finland and flew in for the game against the more rested NY team? This is a bunch of excuses for two poor performances. Even the captain said it, if it wasn't for Hank we would have 0 points coming back to NA.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 10:55 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Are you aware that the Ducks played in Finland and flew in for the game against the more rested NY team? This is a bunch of excuses for two poor performances. Even the captain said it, if it wasn't for Hank we would have 0 points coming back to NA.
No way! The Ducks played in Finland, an hour away from Sweden??? Oh my! Such a hard trip for them. Wait, didn't the Rangers travel to 4 countries in 5 days and play 4 games? I could've sworn the Rangers had a much harder schedule, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

Finland! Oh my!!!

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 11:23 AM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSutton View Post
One one hand, yes, 4 other teams opened in Europe. on the other hand, none had the schedule that we had.
Right. Buffalo played, what, one preseason game there?

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 11:50 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
No way! The Ducks played in Finland, an hour away from Sweden??? Oh my! Such a hard trip for them. Wait, didn't the Rangers travel to 4 countries in 5 days and play 4 games? I could've sworn the Rangers had a much harder schedule, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

Finland! Oh my!!!
Didn't we have 3 days off before our season opener? Regardless, it's a moot point. The team can either cry about the distractions and difficult pre-season schedule leading up to the first games, or they can put it behind them and move forward. We came away with 2 of 4 points and I'm totally ok with that. And I'll be fine if we lose the next 6 games in OT too considering where we'll be playing those.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 12:16 PM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

Before the trip even happened they said they weren't going to use it as an excuse. They knew it wouldn't be as easy as playing NYI, NJ, PHI over and over again but it was what it was. They said the same thing about 24/7... not going to use the distraction as an excuse.

Time to put those thoughts into practice.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 12:24 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

It's a valid reason, in my opinion. But I don't think they're crying about it. I can see some frustration. I was as a fan. It's a ******** schedule. I hate it.

Tortorella isn't talking about it...at least not from anything I've seen.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 01:19 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Four games would have been fine if you didn't mix in all the travel. Truth is that you can't get four meaningful gates in the same place in Europe without travel. And after all, this is about money, isn't it? Good news? The Rangers traded a west coast trip for a Euro trip. The bad news is that they checked in and out of a lot of hotels. I do that for a living and I can tell you it sucks. (So much for the glamour of travel)

Next year, they will open in Europe but I suspect it will be a much different schedule.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 01:39 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post
would have been a nice gesture and something for the fans in Hartford, who after all root for the Rangers farm team... I guess Hartford can't compete with Prague or Gothenburg...
Bruins played a scrimmage game here in Providence. Fans loved it. Seems like the least they could have done to support HFD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
It's a valid reason, in my opinion. But I don't think they're crying about it.
Yah, I don't get the "crying" aspect that people are trying to paint here either. Richards isn't complaining about the travel, the opponents, the rink size, etc. He's just saying the team hasn't practiced together because of the trip and it shows on the ice.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 01:46 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Always hated the stupid European trips.

We do it again next year...yay!
Me too. But honestly, the result of first two games would be the same or even worse should they stay in the US or even play in NY with plenty of practices.
Kings and Ducs are currently two very best NHL teams that could beat Rangers any given time. Also by playing Dubi with Richards Torts has ruined the only established line we had with a very little gain to write home about. If we play in MSG both games under "normal" season prep we could have lost both should Hank be normal himself, not an absolute animal he was up there is Sweden.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 02:19 PM
NYRKindms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Bruins played a scrimmage game here in Providence. Fans loved it. Seems like the least they could have done to support HFD.

Yah, I don't get the "crying" aspect that people are trying to paint here either. Richards isn't complaining about the travel, the opponents, the rink size, etc. He's just saying the team hasn't practiced together because of the trip and it shows on the ice.
I Think the "crying" comes from Torts press conference about wanting to get the hell out of Europe. Torts essentially made excuses for his club by complaining about the trip being less than ideal. He should have held his tongue and took it up with the league.

They kind of did the farm team thing in Albany (this preseason with the Devils), i see no reason not to have a game or 2 in Hartford.

NYRKindms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 03:38 PM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyStart View Post
Were they in the same situation as we were? Coulda sworn we were in a unique situation. Yet people keep dismissing that entirely
Yeah playing NHL hockey games against other NHL teams. That's a real unique situation alright.

You get payed to play hockey and not suck at it. That's what I expect no matter what.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 03:51 PM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Four games would have been fine if you didn't mix in all the travel. Truth is that you can't get four meaningful gates in the same place in Europe without travel. And after all, this is about money, isn't it? Good news? The Rangers traded a west coast trip for a Euro trip. The bad news is that they checked in and out of a lot of hotels. I do that for a living and I can tell you it sucks. (So much for the glamour of travel)

Next year, they will open in Europe but I suspect it will be a much different schedule.

I travel for a living too... but these guys checking into hotels isn't the same as when we do. Not to mention that if they don't like to travel they're in the wrong line of work. Let's not pretend that travel isn't a big part of their lives anyway... even when they play in a place like NY where a ton of the travel is right down the road or at the very least a hop away.

It's all part of the scenery. At the end of the day, the PP was still crap, there's a glaring hole at LW, at your #1 Allstar Dman is out with PCS. Those are the real issues. One of them can be solved, if they can manage that (after how many years of not being able to?) in one week's worth of practice... great!

Last edited by Riche16: 10-10-2011 at 03:57 PM.
Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 03:57 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKindms View Post
I Think the "crying" comes from Torts press conference about wanting to get the hell out of Europe. Torts essentially made excuses for his club by complaining about the trip being less than ideal. He should have held his tongue and took it up with the league.

They kind of did the farm team thing in Albany (this preseason with the Devils), i see no reason not to have a game or 2 in Hartford.
The league had nothing to do with the pre-season schedule--this is all on the Rangers. They chose to go over early and have all those games. As others have pointed out, the organization did it for the money.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 04:09 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Classic Tortorella.

The Euro-trip wasnt an issue until it was convenient to make it an issue.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 04:17 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Seems like an indentured excuse, although, to be fair, it's a tough trip...but as I said in the PGT, good teams overcome adveristy. If they struggle on Saturday, I'll start to worry, but for now, they get an ever-so-slight benefit of the doubt from myself.

10-11-2011, 10:03 AM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Yeah playing NHL hockey games against other NHL teams. That's a real unique situation alright.

You get payed to play hockey and not suck at it. That's what I expect no matter what.
Are you seriously telling me you don';t have the ability to figure out what i was referring to? Do you HONESTLY think that I was saying our unique situation was simply playing a game? Really? You REALLY can't figure it out? You thought I was saying that the rangers simply playing hockey is the unique situation? I refuse to believe you are that incomprehensibly ignorant.

Really you can't figure out that there was something we had to do that none of the other teams on this euro trip had to do? Do you follow anything that goes on? I'm OK with it if you want to say that "having a much harder travel schedule and much less practice time shouldn't have affected the team so much."

I disagree and that arguement would make no sense but it's w/e to me if you think that way. But to sit there and fail to even acknowledge what i'm ACTUALLY referring too makes you sound about as ignorant as possible. We came away with 2 pts so I still don't even think people should be whining.

As for the 2nd part...spoken like someone who's never played in his life. All humans must be perfect apparently and can never fail when they are getting paid to play hockey. Hence why we see so many 82 win seasons. Yes human beings who play hockey should never ever fail and suck not even for a game under any conditions. And suck is apparently taking home half of the points available.

They looked bad doing it and should have won at least one but I choose to actually enjoy my team instead of whining incessantly about them and so i look at it that they battled under what were the absolute worse conditions by far for any team in europe and came away with very big points.

Also and I've said this multiple times but no surprise you fail to realize it: If this is still going on 2 or three weeks from now every single game then yea it's a big problem. First two games, euro trip from hell, came away with 2 points...I'm willing to sit back and not be a big baby about it. Love the entitlement by the way

Old
10-11-2011, 06:06 PM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Quote:
Are you seriously telling me you don';t have the ability to figure out what i was referring to? Do you HONESTLY think that I was saying our unique situation was simply playing a game? Really? You REALLY can't figure it out? You thought I was saying that the rangers simply playing hockey is the unique situation? I refuse to believe you are that incomprehensibly ignorant.

Really you can't figure out that there was something we had to do that none of the other teams on this euro trip had to do? Do you follow anything that goes on? I'm OK with it if you want to say that "having a much harder travel schedule and much less practice time shouldn't have affected the team so much."

I disagree and that arguement would make no sense but it's w/e to me if you think that way. But to sit there and fail to even acknowledge what i'm ACTUALLY referring too makes you sound about as ignorant as possible. We came away with 2 pts so I still don't even think people should be whining.

As for the 2nd part...spoken like someone who's never played in his life. All humans must be perfect apparently and can never fail when they are getting paid to play hockey. Hence why we see so many 82 win seasons. Yes human beings who play hockey should never ever fail and suck not even for a game under any conditions. And suck is apparently taking home half of the points available.

They looked bad doing it and should have won at least one but I choose to actually enjoy my team instead of whining incessantly about them and so i look at it that they battled under what were the absolute worse conditions by far for any team in europe and came away with very big points.

Also and I've said this multiple times but no surprise you fail to realize it: If this is still going on 2 or three weeks from now every single game then yea it's a big problem. First two games, euro trip from hell, came away with 2 points...I'm willing to sit back and not be a big baby about it. Love the entitlement by the way
I expect them to show up and play their best hockey. If they do that and lose, fine. They were absolutely dreadful in both games aside from a few players. They didn't just lose, they embarrassed themselves. It's only for the superhuman effort of our goalie that we even got 2 points. Both games should've been 3 or 4 goal loses. That's unacceptable. I'm not asking for perfection, I'm asking them to not blow a hairy one. You love the entitlement? You're damn ****in skippy I'm entitled to their best effort. I've been supporting this dung heap for 20 years. The least they can do is give us 100%. We got about 30% in the first two games.

Old
10-11-2011, 09:29 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
I expect them to show up and play their best hockey. If they do that and lose, fine. They were absolutely dreadful in both games aside from a few players. They didn't just lose, they embarrassed themselves. It's only for the superhuman effort of our goalie that we even got 2 points. Both games should've been 3 or 4 goal loses. That's unacceptable. I'm not asking for perfection, I'm asking them to not blow a hairy one. You love the entitlement? You're damn ****in skippy I'm entitled to their best effort. I've been supporting this dung heap for 20 years. The least they can do is give us 100%. We got about 30% in the first two games.
Who's to say that under the conditions that wasn't their best? And again their best? 24/7 every game regardless of any conditions? Not sucking is fair to ask but what isn't fair to do is to completely ignore the reasons why they blew chunks. Again as I said only the 1st 2 games, euro trip from hell and STILL came away with 2 points and against GOOD teams. We didn't screw up against scrubs. They didn't walk away with 0 points I'd hardly call that blowing a hairy one. 20 years? So you started following right around messier and our championship, suffered through the 7 years of crap, the Jagr era which was fun as hell and that makes you some hardened veteran of crappy Rangers teams? C'mon man before we came along there were 54 YEARS of crap.

Old
10-11-2011, 11:47 PM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Quote:
Who's to say that under the conditions that wasn't their best? And again their best? 24/7 every game regardless of any conditions? Not sucking is fair to ask but what isn't fair to do is to completely ignore the reasons why they blew chunks. Again as I said only the 1st 2 games, euro trip from hell and STILL came away with 2 points and against GOOD teams. We didn't screw up against scrubs. They didn't walk away with 0 points I'd hardly call that blowing a hairy one. 20 years? So you started following right around messier and our championship, suffered through the 7 years of crap, the Jagr era which was fun as hell and that makes you some hardened veteran of crappy Rangers teams? C'mon man before we came along there were 54 YEARS of crap.
Hey that was a long 7 years. Plus it's been a rough week for me off the ice too and they caught me at a bad time. If they beat the Islanders, I'll stop yelling. Until then...

Rage mode

Old
10-12-2011, 12:29 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Hey that was a long 7 years. Plus it's been a rough week for me off the ice too and they caught me at a bad time. If they beat the Islanders, I'll stop yelling. Until then...

Rage mode
More importantly I caught you on a bad week. otherwise maybe you wouldn't have been so rage mode if I had caught you on a good day. I definitely am not saying they played good though they did look really out of synch and bad BUT I'm also just happy we came away with those points against pretty darn good teams and we were in a unique situation. Still I'm not saying be of good cheer or anything I just didn't like the complete dismissal of the uniqueness of our trip there because Ola and several others had done it.

We could debate how much of an effect it had (it definitely had an effect though). Everything else the fact that they played like pure ass and shoulda have won both I totally 100% agree it's frustrating. I would be severely annoyed and disspointed if the team looks like this for a lengthy amount of time. But for this first week or so I chalk it up to the fact that management did an awful job for its players which is not a first with this organization.

Old
10-12-2011, 12:38 PM
Vitto79

I see the lines are back to where they should be today

why play around with what works? Keep the Packline together and Boyle, Feds, Prust..........see if Stepan or Wolski can fit on the top line with Richards and Gaborik and whoever doesnt goes to a line with Rupp, Zuke

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 01:02 PM
fredrikstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I see the lines are back to where they should be today

why play around with what works? Keep the Packline together and Boyle, Feds, Prust..........see if Stepan or Wolski can fit on the top line with Richards and Gaborik and whoever doesnt goes to a line with Rupp, Zuke
Why not use Gaborik as d man on the 4th line as well?

Zuke is absolutely useless in a 4th line. If thats the intention with him,the team is weaker than it should be. Better trade him or send him to the Whale.

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 01:08 PM
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

I think Zuke should be used in 3rd line minutes and play.

Wolski-Richards-Gaborik
Dubi-AA-Cally
Feds-Stepan-Zuke
Prust-Boyle-Rupp

I think this is what we should try for a while once Wolski is healthy.

If he doesnt work, then they can try something like this, which is what it looks like in practice today.

Stepan-Richards-Gaborik
Dubi-AA-Cally
Feds-Christ-Zucca
Rupp-Boyle-Prust

Blatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 01:28 PM
ReggieDunlop68
Hey Hanrahan!

All of you can have your opinions, but Euro trip or no Euro trip, the Rangers continued the poor things that have done since the lockout: poor quality shots, bad PP, and over relying on Henrik.

These problems aren't new. If they lost both games by scores of 5-4 or 6-4 or something along those lines, and they were making headway offensively as well as having a productive power play, I would chalk up the loss to lack of rest; however, they showed no improvement thus far.

ReggieDunlop68 is online now   Reply With Quote