HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Was Chubarov that valuable?

Closed Thread

Old
10-23-2005, 06:20 AM
Law Dawg

vCash: 500
Reid was crap on the wings, honestly. He is a natural centre and playmaker, but there is no room on the Canucks roster for a bottom six centre like Reid. He needs to play with other skilled players. Crawford tryed to fit him into the Trevor Letowski role before realising the team didn't even need that role. For all those with Reiding glasses on, he'll never play in the NHL again.

Chubarov will be back, not sure what was behind the sudden decision to play in Russia. It wouldn't seem he commands that much more money in the RSL than he does on the Canucks blueline. Kelly Hrudey did say that Chubarov was already a better defensive centre than Sergei Fedorov, that is a pretty big compliment.

Old
10-23-2005, 08:26 AM
BAuldie

Send a message via ICQ to BAuldie Send a message via MSN to BAuldie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Law Dawg
Reid was crap on the wings, honestly. He is a natural centre and playmaker, but there is no room on the Canucks roster for a bottom six centre like Reid. He needs to play with other skilled players. Crawford tryed to fit him into the Trevor Letowski role before realising the team didn't even need that role. For all those with Reiding glasses on, he'll never play in the NHL again.

Chubarov will be back, not sure what was behind the sudden decision to play in Russia. It wouldn't seem he commands that much more money in the RSL than he does on the Canucks blueline. Kelly Hrudey did say that Chubarov was already a better defensive centre than Sergei Fedorov, that is a pretty big compliment.
I know $$ played a factor.. Vancouver couldn't offer him what he could make in the RSL under the new cap. Not too mention its always nice to play at home making at least the same amount of money.

Old
10-23-2005, 01:17 PM
QuickDynamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law Dawg
He had 6 points in 10 NHL games. That's very respectable for a small player with limited ice-time in the old clutching and grabbing NHL. And he averadged a point per game in Europe. I can't even count on one hand how many times he provided a spark for the Canucks with his unbelievable work ethic in the playoffs a few years ago.

His sound defensive play, work ethic, good forechecking and face-off abilitiy make him a good bottom 6 forwards and a decent 2nd liner in case of injuries. I think because of his speed, good backchecking and offensive skills he would fit in nicely in the NHL.

I think you are wrong about him not playing in the NHL again. I'm not so sure if he'll ever return to the Canucks organization though.

Old
10-23-2005, 01:36 PM
Dr. Nucksfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waveburner
I would love to see them sign Krog for faceoffs on the 4th line. Linden is just not a very good center. He's always been more effective on the wing (And you can still take face-offs and play the wing). This team desperately needs someone other than Linden who can win face-offs regularly. It will come back to bite us in the playoffs if we don't address this overlooked weakness. Hank and Mo are both below average, and Kesler is a rookie. If not Krog, something has to be done.

I'd rather sign Krog and Chubarov and cut Linden loose. He's a fan favourite, a sentimental favourite, and a Canucks legend, but he's not worth 2 million per season. He's slowing down, as much as we hate to admit it.

Old
10-24-2005, 02:11 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Nucksfan
I'd rather sign Krog and Chubarov and cut Linden loose. He's a fan favourite, a sentimental favourite, and a Canucks legend, but he's not worth 2 million per season. He's slowing down, as much as we hate to admit it.
Linden's making $1.5mill. He's also on the last year of his contract. After the CBA mess, missing a year, and him being on the last year of his deal, the organization really had no choice but to bring him back. He wasn't going to retire, and not buying him out wasn't only the classy thing to do, but the only thing that they could do.

I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Linden re-signed after this year for the league minimum. Even now he deserves more than that, and as a UFA he could get more than that on the market, but he's the type of player that would take a min. salary deal to finish his last year with this organization as a player, and then move into management or coaching.

Players like Linden, you just can't buyout ... not at the $1.5mill he's making on the final year of his deal.

Old
10-24-2005, 06:09 PM
F A N

I've been a bit disappointed with Linden. I didn't expect his play to fall off so soon. I was worried that he wouldn't have a chance to workout as much as he used to. Even before, he seems to do more outdoor activities than hockey specific training. But he is always in shape of course.

But his skating has always been his strength and he's still fast enough for this game. I'm hoping that he'll get his legs together by the end of the season and delivered an inspired performance in the playoffs. Many veterans are able to conjure something up for the important games.

Old
10-24-2005, 06:28 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

I'm not really worried about Linden at all... just have to take him for what he is. Don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed.

What he'll bring is above average defensive play, good faceoff presense, and hard work. Expect him to give you 10-15 hard working minutes in a bottom 6 role plus on the PK. And he's someone who still brings tons of experience. He's a guy that improves team chemistry as well. A perfect 4th line guy.

If he was scoring more right now, showing more presense in the offensive zone, he'd be a top 6 forward. He's not that type of player anymore. He's a 3rd line guy that is basically carrying the 4th line right now.

Chubarov's loss probably affects Linden more than anyone else on the roster... Linden would have played on the right wing had Chubarov still been here... and it would also have taken some of the PK and faceoff pressure off of Linden, letting him concentrate more on the offense.

Closed Thread