HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Should have kept Pouliot instead of Kostitsyn

Old
10-10-2011, 06:01 PM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

vCash: 500
We would have happily signed Kostitsyn I think. He would have looked very good with Seguin.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 06:11 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
We would have happily signed Kostitsyn I think. He would have looked very good with Seguin.
AK would (will--since I doubt he returns to Montreal after this season of being in Martin's doghouse after game ONE) fit in very well with a team that likes toughness. He loves to hit and would (unfortunately for us) succeed in Boston.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 06:25 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
In todays game, Bruins vs Avs.

Pouliot 3 shots and 5 hits in a little over 9 minutes (Julien has already doubled his ice time over what he was getting at the end in Montreal from Martin. )

The Bruins coaching staff are toughening Pouliot up.

He will be a success in Boston.
Probably why they got shutout, using Pouliot for big minutes.

Quote:
AK would (will--since I doubt he returns to Montreal after this season of being in Martin's doghouse after game ONE) fit in very well with a team that likes toughness. He loves to hit and would (unfortunately for us) succeed in Boston.
This I agree with.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 07:44 PM
Protest the Hero

So when Pouliot continues to get minimal ice time in Boston will it finally be his fault, or will it be Julien's fault?

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 07:47 PM
Bullsmith

Could not disagree more.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 07:51 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

at the end Pouliot was not even a regular 4 th liner for us.

Europe soon for him

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 08:55 PM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
I think there is a small chance AK may stay in Montreal again next year, but it depends on if management want him. I think he'd be willing to play here if offered a contract that was near his terms. He said he would have liked to sign a longer contract with the team this off-season. He seems to like Montreal and the guys on the team. A number of people in the media get on his case any chance they get, they've tried running him out of town once. He may be perceived as a whipping boy of JM but during his career, whenever his role has been reduced, he puts the effort in to get it back and he improves his game a little bit each year. And despite all of this, he hasn't taken the route some others have and demanded a trade to another team. I think that if management have some interest in AK beyond this year, he may well be interested in staying. I could be way off, but it looks that way to me at least.

If he does leave, I'd love to see him on a team like the Pens, Wings or Hawks (among others) somewhere I wouldn't feel guilty for cheering him on when they aren't playing the Habs. If he ends up in Boston, Toronto or Philly, well, is there a puke smiley?

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 11:55 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

Pouliot starts out on fire but I predict he will be watching games from the PB. He is a tin man

Westcoasthabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 11:56 PM
TheBuriedHab

Are you ****ing kidding me?

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 11:57 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
After 3 games, 0 points and least icetime of any player for Boston.

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 01:02 AM
FF de Mars

You guys remember Pouliot right ? No balance physically and mentally, a lanky tall skinny body with no strenght or drive, offensive zone penalties, no defense, one good game every ten games (if you're lucky), ect. Kostitsyn might be streaky, but he's a legitimate top 6 player... nothing like Benny the Pooh.

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 07:23 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Pouliot is useless at the NHL level...he is subpar defensively and easily loses his confidence on offense, does not consistently use his size. I wouldn't be surprised if he was playing in Europe next year.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 07:53 AM
Teufelsdreck

Let's have a sticky that updates their respective scoring statistics for 82 games.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 11:04 AM
Jigger77

Ok Kostistyn has his flaws, but Pouliot over him?

Not in a thousand years. Sorry.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 12:04 PM
Avim86

This thread is ridiculous , I'm getting tired of these crazy threads , even if you're a stat junkie , Ak wins , even if you go by consistency , Ak wins again , even if you go by being from Quebec , Ak wins he has lived longer in Quebec then Pouliot who is from Ontario. How does speaking french make someone a better player , English is the official language of the NHL , get over your crazyness and maybe you should stop listening to Benoit Brunet and all the rest of that ludicrously uninformed band of "sports journalists". Why would management keep a guy for so long just to throw him away , we have shown 0 signs of patience towards younger players that hit road bumps (Ribeiro , Grabovski , McDonaugh). Andrei is here to stay unless he demands a trade or wants ridiculous money the only reason he got 1 year was that management hope he will show some improvement and merit a 3-4 years deal with 3.5-4M per and we are still uncertain of our future with having to sign Price and Subban.

Avim86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 01:18 PM
Plante

Just remember the names of the posters who want Benny over AK. Then know to never take them seriously again.

Plante is online now   Reply With Quote