HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Palushaj called up

Old
10-10-2011, 05:30 PM
LeMAD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesWiznewski View Post
Man I can't wait till Avtsin gets called up ahead of him.
Why? Palushaj is almost a NHL talent right now, while Avtsin is a mediocre AHLer at best.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 05:31 PM
NLHabsFan

I don't see what all the fuss is over. We got injuries galore and need a forward. Palushaj is arguably the best of the bunch in HAM.

For Eller, I know he was targeted to play in the home opener but has it actually been confirmed that he will play?

NLHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 05:33 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Would have preferred Blunden since Palushaj is just going to get put on the fourth line with Engqvist and get 5 minutes a night. Would be better for him to dominate the AHL.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 05:33 PM
guest1467

Put Palushaj up with Pleks and Cole, and move Kostitsyn down to Eller's line.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 05:35 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Why? Palushaj is almost a NHL talent right now, while Avtsin is a mediocre AHLer at best.
The implication being made here is that Palushaj will always be a fringe NHLer while in the future Avtsin may start tearing it up and become a top 6 forward.

Not saying I agree, I see Palushaj as a future 3rd liner like Versteeg. (Similar imo)

Avtsin was playing with a nagging injury all last year, which was his first year of pro on a different sized rink and he was just 19. Give the kid a bit more credit he wasn't awful. This is his year to step up. If he can have 0.5ppg that will be just fine since it's ultimately going to be his first year injury free.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 05:35 PM
TheBuriedHab

If Palushaj gets a top 9 role I like the move, if They are looking to put him on the 4th I would have preferred Blunden. Hope he does well.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 05:37 PM
Gainey#1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
If Palushaj gets a top 9 role I like the move, if They are looking to put him on the 4th I would have preferred Blunden. Hope he does well.
I would have preferred Blunden if they are in fact placing Palushaj on the 4th line. However, if they are targeting someone to play in top 6/9...then Palushaj is the obvious bet.

However, knowing Martin...he will form a 4th line of Palushaj/Enqvsit/Weber...

Gainey#1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 05:37 PM
guest1467

I am not sure I agree with the "top three lines or nothing" sentiment. Palushaj can play effectively on the 4th line, he has done it here before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekamaniac View Post
I would have preferred Blunden if they are in fact placing Palushaj on the 4th line. However, if they are targeting someone to play in top 6/9...then Palushaj is the obvious bet.

However, knowing Martin...he will form a 4th line of Palushaj/Enqvsit/Weber...
What has Blunden done to prove he is any better than Palushaj? Blunden was essentially invisible during preseason, and I would be willing to bet that 95% of this board has never even seen him play a regular season game.

Old
10-10-2011, 05:39 PM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by CareyClutch View Post
Like who?
Danny Masse

In reality, I would have recalled a dman to play forward. What happens next game if Diaz gets the flu and Yemelin has an off game?

The reality is with injuries, our bottom 6 & lower dman are a little weak and having defensively responsible players is more important than offence at this point.

If Ak isn't slotted into Cammy's role, DD can also step up in a top 6 role. Ellercould also benefit from real top 6 players on his side at one point this season.

The reality is if you bump AK or DD up and put Palushi on the 3rd line, it becomes a potential weak target.

macavoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 05:47 PM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Yeah I agree with this.

Some players aren't cut out for bottom-6, just like some guys aren't cut out for top-6.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 05:49 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

The only thing worse than negative whiners are people whining about the whiners. If you think something is against the rules, report it. If not, deal with it.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 05:49 PM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Palushaj gets a look and Enqvist too. I like the competition and the potential incentive. There are full time NHL jobs available on the Habs and that means guys like him... Enqvisy and White will have to bring it every game.

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 05:50 PM
Gainey#1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
I am not sure I agree with the "top three lines or nothing" sentiment. Palushaj can play effectively on the 4th line, he has done it here before.

What has Blunden done to prove he is any better than Palushaj? Blunden was essentially invisible during preseason, and I would be willing to bet that 95% of this board has never even seen him play a regular season game.
I am saying if they play Palushaj on the 4th line, he will be ineffective. He won't be playing with offensive players, so what will be be providing on the 4th line? He doesn't have any size, grit or toughness to warrant being played on the 4th line.

All I am saying, is that Blunden is better suited for the 4th line in my view.

Old
10-10-2011, 05:52 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekamaniac View Post
I am saying if they play Palushaj on the 4th line, he will be ineffective. He won't be playing with offensive players, so what will be be providing on the 4th line? He doesn't have any size, grit or toughness to warrant being played on the 4th line.

All I am saying, is that Blunden is better suited for the 4th line in my view.
Why does the 4th line automatically have to be comprised of players that are "tough, gritty, or have size?"

And BTW, Palushaj does have some grit in his game. He may not be a heavy hitter, but he does not hesitate to go into rough areas, and is pretty good along the boards.

Old
10-10-2011, 05:54 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
Yeah I agree with this.

Some players aren't cut out for bottom-6, just like some guys aren't cut out for top-6.
With the injuries to the depth the 4th line isn't going play much more than 6-8 minutes. What kind of player you use to fill that for a couple games matters very little beyond them being a complete liability.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 05:55 PM
MXD

I feel Darche is headed for the 4th, with Weber getting back a regular D-Spot with Spacek out.

Even if Eller is back for next game, we need a forward for the 3rd line, hence A.P.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 05:55 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Why does the 4th line automatically have to be comprised of players that are "tough, gritty, or have size?"

And BTW, Palushaj does have some grit in his game. He may not be a heavy hitter, but he does not hesitate to go into rough areas, and is pretty good along the boards.
Not that I'm disagreeing but what you just described is a typical 3rd liner player basically. Not saying he can't play 4th line but I'd like to see him develop in somewhat of an offensive role.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 05:58 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Not that I'm disagreeing but what you just described is a typical 3rd liner player basically. Not saying he can't play 4th line but I'd like to see him develop in somewhat of an offensive role.
Palushaj is an excellent playmaker, he is better suited playing with players who can put the puck in the net.

However, that does not make him useless playing with players who can't. He can still be effective anywhere down the lineup.

Old
10-10-2011, 06:25 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Cole-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
Pacioretty-Gomez-Gionta
Moen-Desharnais-Palushaj

Does that make sense? Did Palushaj and Desharnais play much together in Hamilton? Would that line be too weak defensively? For some reason I have this opinion on Palushaj that he is useless in his zone and weak but I think I only think of him as some kind of playmaking D'Agostini (whom he effectively replaces, minus 2-3 years of age).

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 06:30 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Cole-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
Pacioretty-Gomez-Gionta
Moen-Desharnais-Palushaj

Does that make sense? Did Palushaj and Desharnais play much together in Hamilton? Would that line be too weak defensively? For some reason I have this opinion on Palushaj that he is useless in his zone and weak but I think I only think of him as some kind of playmaking D'Agostini (whom he effectively replaces, minus 2-3 years of age).
Eller is back, and he and Palushaj have past chemistry in St. Lou system. I expect DD, Eller, and Palushaj to make uo the 3rd scoring line, With Engvist centering Darche and Moen for the checking line.

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 06:32 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Eller is back, and he and Palushaj have past chemistry in St. Lou system. I expect DD, Eller, and Palushaj to make uo the 3rd scoring line, With Engvist centering Darche and Moen for the checking line.
Hmm doesn't sound too bad! Hopefully Martin uses them with some confidence. Maybe Moen gets some shifts instead of Palushaj, who probably won't see many minutes.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 06:34 PM
Bullsmith

Hamilton is devoid of letig NHL prospects at this point. Leblanc's not playing. Nash is out long term. First time in a while that the Dogs have been so reliant on proven minor league talent. No shame in it, but it really brings to light the gap in our prospect pool. There are players to get excited about, but right now basically every prospect that's close to NHL ready is in it.

Edit- to those who prefer Blunden, he may be big and strong and all that stuff, but he can't skate. JM won't play him.

Last edited by Bullsmith: 10-10-2011 at 06:41 PM.
Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 06:37 PM
ashtraygirl

Quote:
I hope you're right.

ashtraygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 06:55 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
This. We have Kositsyn-Plekanec-Cole, Maxpac-Gomez-Gionta and Desharnais-Eller-Darche as the top 9. We did NOT need another marginal scorer for our 4th line. If grit is a such a no-no for the powerpuff franchise, atleast bring somebody who could of been usefull on the pk.
They should of called up Blunden instead and move up Moen to the Eller AK line as they played great last year as a line. Move DDH to Pleks line with Cole.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 07:02 PM
Gainey#1*

Quote:
I like the way you think..but I have a feeling Moen will be up with Plekanec and Cole. Especially after his performance in the Winnipeg game.