HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Two Degrees of Mike Sillinger

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-09-2011, 10:40 PM
  #551
danishh
Registered User
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: YOW
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,746
vCash: 50
Anaheim - Jason Blake
Boston -
Buffalo -
Calgary - Lee Stempniak
Carolina - Brian Boucher
Chicago - Jamal Mayers
Colorado - Jay McClement
Columbus - Aaron Johnson, Rick Nash, Radek Martinek, Curtis Sanford
Dallas -
Detroit - Dan Cleary
Edmonton - Darcy Hordichuk, Ryan Smyth
Florida - Sean Bergenheim
Los Angeles - Trent Hunter
Minnesota - Marek Zidlicky
Montreal - Jaroslav Spacek, Mathieu Darche
Nashville - Several
New Jersey - Bryce Salvador
NY Islanders - Several
NY Rangers - Ruslan Fedotenko
Ottawa - Daniel Alfredsson
Philadelphia - Jody Shelley, Chris Pronger, Matt Walker
Phoenix - Rostislav Klesla, Shane Doan
Pittsburgh - Brent Johnson
St. Louis - Barret Jackman
San Jose - Martin Havlat
Tampa Bay - Eric Brewer, Adam Hall
Toronto -
Vancouver - Dan Hamhuis
Washington - Tomas Vokoun, Tom Poti
Winnipeg - Chris Mason

can anyone fill the remaining gaps? If not, can someone figure out which players on these teams are not covered? We need a number.

danishh is offline  
Old
10-09-2011, 10:45 PM
  #552
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 40,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
Anaheim - Jason Blake
Boston -
Buffalo -
Calgary - Lee Stempniak
Carolina - Brian Boucher
Chicago - Jamal Mayers
Colorado - Jay McClement
Columbus - Aaron Johnson, Rick Nash, Radek Martinek, Curtis Sanford
Dallas -
Detroit - Dan Cleary
Edmonton - Darcy Hordichuk, Ryan Smyth
Florida - Sean Bergenheim
Los Angeles - Trent Hunter
Minnesota - Marek Zidlicky
Montreal - Jaroslav Spacek, Mathieu Darche
Nashville - Several
New Jersey - Bryce Salvador
NY Islanders - Several
NY Rangers - Ruslan Fedotenko
Ottawa - Daniel Alfredsson
Philadelphia - Jody Shelley, Chris Pronger, Matt Walker
Phoenix - Rostislav Klesla, Shane Doan
Pittsburgh - Brent Johnson
St. Louis - Barret Jackman
San Jose - Martin Havlat
Tampa Bay - Eric Brewer, Adam Hall
Toronto -
Vancouver - Dan Hamhuis
Washington - Tomas Vokoun, Tom Poti
Winnipeg - Chris Mason

can anyone fill the remaining gaps? If not, can someone figure out which players on these teams are not covered? We need a number.
Buffalo has Lalime until last season, which covers everyone except for Leino (who has Pronger from last year), Ehrhoff (Hamhuis from last year), and Regehr (who I'm sure has somebody from Calgary from a few years back since he wasn't on previous "uncovered" lists). So Buffalo is all covered.

New Sabres Captain is offline  
Old
10-09-2011, 10:49 PM
  #553
danishh
Registered User
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: YOW
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,746
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSwords View Post
Buffalo has Lalime until last season, which covers everyone except for Leino (who has Pronger from last year), Ehrhoff (Hamhuis from last year), and Regehr (who I'm sure has somebody from Calgary from a few years back since he wasn't on previous "uncovered" lists). So Buffalo is all covered.
great.


Anaheim - Jason Blake
Boston -
Buffalo - Lalime (10-11 sabres), Leino/Ehrhoff/Regehr covered from past teams. Any rookies will not be covered.
Calgary - Lee Stempniak
Carolina - Brian Boucher
Chicago - Jamal Mayers
Colorado - Jay McClement
Columbus - Aaron Johnson, Rick Nash, Radek Martinek, Curtis Sanford
Dallas -
Detroit - Dan Cleary
Edmonton - Darcy Hordichuk, Ryan Smyth
Florida - Sean Bergenheim
Los Angeles - Trent Hunter
Minnesota - Marek Zidlicky
Montreal - Jaroslav Spacek, Mathieu Darche
Nashville - Several
New Jersey - Bryce Salvador
NY Islanders - Several
NY Rangers - Ruslan Fedotenko
Ottawa - Daniel Alfredsson
Philadelphia - Jody Shelley, Chris Pronger, Matt Walker
Phoenix - Rostislav Klesla, Shane Doan
Pittsburgh - Brent Johnson
St. Louis - Barret Jackman
San Jose - Martin Havlat
Tampa Bay - Eric Brewer, Adam Hall
Toronto -
Vancouver - Dan Hamhuis
Washington - Tomas Vokoun, Tom Poti
Winnipeg - Chris Mason

danishh is offline  
Old
10-09-2011, 10:50 PM
  #554
Kbs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: London ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,778
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSwords View Post
Buffalo has Lalime until last season, which covers everyone except for Leino (who has Pronger from last year), Ehrhoff (Hamhuis from last year), and Regehr (who I'm sure has somebody from Calgary from a few years back since he wasn't on previous "uncovered" lists). So Buffalo is all covered.
So, I guess Toronto is covered then? Connolly played with Lalime on Buffalo last season.

Kbs is offline  
Old
10-09-2011, 10:59 PM
  #555
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 40,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbs View Post
So, I guess Toronto is covered then? Connolly played with Lalime on Buffalo last season.
Connolly himself is covered in 2 degrees, but the rest of the team would be 3 degrees.

And as for Sabres rookies, Luke Adam, Marc-Andre Gragnani, and Jhonas Enroth are covered from last year. So that means only new callups wouldn't be covered.

New Sabres Captain is offline  
Old
10-09-2011, 11:02 PM
  #556
Kbs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: London ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,778
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSwords View Post
Connolly himself is covered in 2 degrees, but the rest of the team would be 3 degrees.

And as for Sabres rookies, Luke Adam, Marc-Andre Gragnani, and Jhonas Enroth are covered from last year. So that means only new callups wouldn't be covered.
Oh right, my bad. I haven't visited this thread in a long time and I kind of forgot the concept

Kbs is offline  
Old
10-09-2011, 11:03 PM
  #557
sonny side up
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: the dark room
Country: United States
Posts: 2,548
vCash: 500
Does Sheldon Souray count since Sillinger is now the director of player development in Edmonton and we all know Souray needed quite a bit of development recently?

If so, Dallas is covered.

sonny side up is offline  
Old
10-09-2011, 11:04 PM
  #558
islesfan3991
Registered User
 
islesfan3991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Orange County, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,731
vCash: 50
I've actually never seen this thread before but I gotta say this is the best one I've ever seen. I though the "mind=blown" thread was good but this one is the best ever.

islesfan3991 is offline  
Old
10-09-2011, 11:05 PM
  #559
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 40,287
vCash: 500
Sjostrom played for Maple Leafs last season and with Sillinger in Phoenix, so that covers most of the Leafs--just their newcomers/rookies this season are in limbo.

EDIT: Stars MAY be covered by Woywitka (St Louis 05-06) depending on whether Woywitka was called up before Sillinger was traded. EDIT 2: Just checked, and they did. Stars are covered to last year.


Last edited by New Sabres Captain: 10-09-2011 at 11:12 PM.
New Sabres Captain is offline  
Old
10-09-2011, 11:17 PM
  #560
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/
 
Mayor Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 16,267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSwords View Post
Sjostrom played for Maple Leafs last season and with Sillinger in Phoenix, so that covers most of the Leafs--just their newcomers/rookies this season are in limbo.
http://www.hockey-reference.com/boxs...510060STL.html

Mayor Bee is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 01:21 AM
  #561
Frank Gallagher
"Alcohol is a gift"
 
Frank Gallagher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: STM, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 794
vCash: 500
This thread is awesome. Still rolling after three years, and it's hard to find someone without Two/Three degrees of Mike Sillinger. He's been everywhere... haha

Frank Gallagher is online now  
Old
10-10-2011, 03:00 AM
  #562
garry1221
Registered User
 
garry1221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Walled Lake, Mi
Posts: 2,232
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to garry1221
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
great.


Boston -
Dallas -
Toronto -
Dallas - Radek Dvorak, Vernon Fiddler, so dallas is set this year.

edit: Scott Gordon was Sillinger's coach on the Island. In my huge list earlier I used coaches, so I'd say toronto is set. Still looking at Boston.


Last edited by garry1221: 10-10-2011 at 03:14 AM.
garry1221 is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 03:10 AM
  #563
garry1221
Registered User
 
garry1221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Walled Lake, Mi
Posts: 2,232
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to garry1221
double post

garry1221 is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 03:28 AM
  #564
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 19,411
vCash: 500
Boston doesn't have anyone currently on their roster that has played with Sillinger.

Last year they had Hnidy, who played with Sillinger before (Ottawa Senators). Rookies wouldn't be covered this year.


Last edited by thestonedkoala: 10-10-2011 at 03:39 AM.
thestonedkoala is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 04:39 AM
  #565
Alpha190
Registered User
 
Alpha190's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 390
vCash: 500
Detroit. You can cross off any rookie in Detroit and Cleary. Sillinger played with Lidstrom in the early 90s.

I think Lidstrom is the last link there. Maybe Bertuzzi from his Nucks days thought.

Alpha190 is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 01:32 PM
  #566
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/
 
Mayor Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 16,267
vCash: 500
There have been 31 playoff series since 1940 that have gone the distance and then into overtime of the final game. 30 different men have scored such series-ending goals (Dale Hunter having two of them).

Of those 30, going back all that way, Mike Sillinger has been teammates of 8 of them.
2008-09 - second round - Carolina 4, Boston 3 - Scott Walker (teammates in Vancouver and Nashville)
2003-04 - first round - Calgary 4, Vancouver 3 - Martin Gelinas (teammates in Vancouver)
1995-96 - second round - Detroit 4, St. Louis 3 - Steve Yzerman (teammates in Detroit)
1994-95 - first round - San Jose 4, Calgary 3 - Ray Whitney (teammates in Columbus)
1993-94 - first round - Vancouver 4, Calgary 3 - Pavel Bure (teammates in Vancouver)
1991-92 - first round - Montreal 4, Hartford 3 - Russ Courtnall (2OT) (teammates in Vancouver)
1990-91 - first round - Edmonton 4, Calgary 3 - Esa Tikkanen (teammates in Vancouver)
1988-89 - first round - Calgary 4, Vancouver 3 - Joel Otto (teammates in Philadelphia)

In addition, he was on the roster for Dallas in between Columbus and Phoenix; he was traded to Dallas for Darryl Sydor, then to Phoenix for Teppo Numminen without suiting up with the Stars. That means he was on the roster at the same time as one more:
1998-99 - first round - St. Louis 4, Phoenix 3 - Pierre Turgeon

Mayor Bee is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 06:25 PM
  #567
Jaymond Flurrie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,299
vCash: 500
I thought last night kind of backwards version of this. This one will be hard one, but name from NHL history two players that needs as many links in between as possible. Can you find any pair who can't connected with, say, less than eight?

Jaymond Flurrie is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 06:38 PM
  #568
kmad
Riot Survivor
 
kmad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymond Flurrie View Post
I thought last night kind of backwards version of this. This one will be hard one, but name from NHL history two players that needs as many links in between as possible. Can you find any pair who can't connected with, say, less than eight?
I'd guess to get to eight, we'd need someone from the 1919 Quebec Bulldogs with a rookie from this year. The Sillinger-Howe-Howe connection really makes things hard for you there.

kmad is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 06:44 PM
  #569
Jaymond Flurrie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YeOldeRyaneClowe View Post
I'd guess to get to eight, we'd need someone from the 1919 Quebec Bulldogs with a rookie from this year. The Sillinger-Howe-Howe connection really makes things hard for you there.
That rookie could be Matt Bartkowski.

Jaymond Flurrie is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 07:01 PM
  #570
SeanVT395
It's Not Even Close
 
SeanVT395's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 3,126
vCash: 500
I love the how this thread gets bumped every couple of months.

SeanVT395 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.