HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Penner out of practice early (injury from fight with Rinaldo)

Old
10-06-2011, 10:57 AM
8randyn

vCash: 500
Sky is Falling

8randyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 11:31 AM
Hatter
All about the Bob

well, there is always one thing you can count on as a Kings fan and that is the 24th man, the dreaded upper/lower body injury..

Nice to see that even with all the changes we haven't lost that. Just glad he is signed long term

Hatter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 12:09 PM
ibleedkings
Is this real?

Gagne is with Kopi, not Parse.

ibleedkings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 12:11 PM
Ollie Weeks

Parse voodooed his hip issue over to Penner.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 02:02 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Can it be anything but a lingering groin injury for Penner? Kopitar gets another LW, Gagne. How many is that over the past 12 months?

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 02:04 PM
Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Tikkanen
I don't blame him, too early to be playing hockey! Dustin needs sleepy!

Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 11:09 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 1527
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Penner better be fit and hungry. The intermission show of the Pens-Nucks game, they said LA was up there with Vancouver and San Jose, the main question mark is Penner, said he looked like nothing last season, let alone a King, and that he was just a lazy hockey player. Pretty strong words.

"I think part of his game is hes over aggressive at times, which I like. Well tame that. Id rather tame a lion than paint stripes on the kitty cat." - Dean Lombardi discussing Brayden McNabb
Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 11:11 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Penner better be fit and hungry. The intermission show of the Pens-Nucks game, they said LA was up there with Vancouver and San Jose, the main question mark is Penner, said he looked like nothing last season, let alone a King, and that he was just a lazy hockey player. Pretty strong words.
They failed to mention he's in considerably better shape. I'm guessing they probably don't even know that. It's Milbury and Jones. Not exactly the sharpest tools in the shed ifyouknowhatimean.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 08:49 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
They failed to mention he's in considerably better shape. I'm guessing they probably don't even know that. It's Milbury and Jones. Not exactly the sharpest tools in the shed ifyouknowhatimean.
This. WHile I'm not a Dustin penner supporter, these guys are sensationalists who are just trying to grab attention, not trying to actually put any research into what they are saying. Especially Milbury. Sad to see a player who actually was pretty good (minus the shoe thing) turn himself into such a joke through being a GM and now a commentator.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 09:45 AM
Face Wash

Penner is the key to the season..along with the PP. The team actually improved defensively this offseason personnel-wise, it's up to Penner and the PP for us to have improvement in the standings. I've seen two people pick Mike Richards as Selke winner this year and I thought Kopitar was the best defensive forward we had last year on a Top-5 defensive team.

Face Wash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 05:08 PM
optionthree

Any updates on this? Have him on my fantasy roster and it's frustrating that he's just day-to-day so he keeps missing games but I can't stash him on my IR and pick up a replacement.

optionthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 05:39 PM
BigBrown
They did it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by optionthree View Post
Any updates on this? Have him on my fantasy roster and it's frustrating that he's just day-to-day so he keeps missing games but I can't stash him on my IR and pick up a replacement.
No update. Kings don't play again until thursday so at least that gives him a chance to possibly heal up a bit.

BigBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 06:03 PM
Tadite

Quote:
He's in such good shape that he's injured two games into the season?

When you're a consumet professional hockey player people are willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. When you have a reputation for being fat, lazy, and uncaring then some internet rumors of being in shape (for the first time in years) don't exactly out-weight the years of under-performance.

Penners reputation is Penners fault. I just hope he doesn't screw up yet another season.

Tadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 06:22 PM
Nex06

Quote:
Did they mention also Sidney Crosby and his *****ness? Wait, I should have capitalized that P****ness in his case. Milbury is attacking Penner at least twice per week.

I'm just hoping Milbury and Don Cherry have a show together, I would have watched that every day. Two biggest ignorant idiots in the world of hockey.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 08:41 PM
no name

Quote:
You can't expect those guys to know what is going on outside of Canada and detroit.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 11:51 PM
damacles1156

I am surprised those jack holes even mentioned LA. They know the city has a Hockey team?

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 12:00 AM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
I am surprised those jack holes even mentioned LA. They know the city has a Hockey team?
We're the trendy "obscure" team experts are currently placing expectations on.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 01:01 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 3099
Quote:
Are you talking about the cbc guys?

Which one's in particular?

If it was Weeks and Lee, forget anything they said because it most likely wasnt worth remembering never mind repeating.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 01:06 AM
I am the Liquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
This. WHile I'm not a Dustin penner supporter, these guys are sensationalists who are just trying to grab attention, not trying to actually put any research into what they are saying. Especially Milbury. Sad to see a player who actually was pretty good (minus the shoe thing) turn himself into such a joke through being a GM and now a commentator.

This^.

Jason Strudwick had a funny Milbury story. In his first year in rookie camp, he had just gotten in three fights in a period and a half and Milbury came up to him and told him he "was a terrible hockey player and that he would never play in the nhl" Right after the game he was sent down to the ahl.

Strudwick was shaken and discouraged, called his parents and considered quitting, they counseled him to stick with it and work hard. He got called up by Christmas and was in the nhl ever since. He did say Milbury apologized, but man, that's pretty bad.

So are you ready for your new avatar yet?

Old
10-10-2011, 08:39 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
This^.

Jason Strudwick had a funny Milbury story. In his first year in rookie camp, he had just gotten in three fights in a period and a half and Milbury came up to him and told him he "was a terrible hockey player and that he would never play in the nhl" Right after the game he was sent down to the ahl.

Strudwick was shaken and discouraged, called his parents and considered quitting, they counseled him to stick with it and work hard. He got called up by Christmas and was in the nhl ever since. He did say Milbury apologized, but man, that's pretty bad.

I forget what we even bet on so I'm unclear how I lost. Wanna link me up to the wager?

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 09:49 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by optionthree View Post
Why are you keeping him? Pick up another player instead of Penner. Brad Richardson will probably outscore him this season.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 09:50 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
This^.

Only a f** would want him to change his avatar.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 10:02 PM
I am the Liquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I forget what we even bet on so I'm unclear how I lost. Wanna link me up to the wager?
It was about the outcome of the Fraser grievance. Im assuming that since we havent heard anything that there was no punitive damages against Edmonton. I dont have a link. Will just have to rely on the honour system.

Old
10-11-2011, 12:07 AM
Julius Caesar Milan
Lord of the Shih Tzu

vCash: 863
Quote:
It was about the outcome of the Fraser grievance. Im assuming that since we havent heard anything that there was no punitive damages against Edmonton. I dont have a link. Will just have to rely on the honour system.
Have you thought for a second that the NHL is waiting for Frasier to be cleared to play before deciding one way or another?

Julius Caesar Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 12:40 AM
I am the Liquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Have you thought for a second that the NHL is waiting for Frasier to be cleared to play before deciding one way or another?
They seemed to decide rather quickly about the Betts situation. Is he cleared to play?