HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Phillies' Baseball (MLB): How Many Aces Does It Take To Win A Playoff Series?

Closed Thread

Old
10-10-2011, 07:24 PM
SolidSnakeUS

vCash: 500
Would Scutaro be a bad idea?

Old
10-10-2011, 07:24 PM
Jray42

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
What I was thinking of earlier with trading for a SS, I guess we'd have to pay out the ass for Tulo?
Yeah.... that's not going to happen

Old
10-10-2011, 07:26 PM
SolidSnakeUS

If we seriously have no other options, I think we should still go with Rollins.

Old
10-10-2011, 07:41 PM
McNasty

Quote:
If we seriously have no other options, I think we should still go with Rollins.
Not for 5 years like his camp seems to want. Would much rather see them get Reyes but I just don't see how they make the money work.

Old
10-10-2011, 07:46 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
Not for 5 years like his camp seems to want. Would much rather see them get Reyes but I just don't see how they make the money work.
Wouldn't doubt if Reyes wants double of Rollins. Is there a good SS on a bad team right now we could look to trade for?

Would Stephen Drew be out of our reach or would it be a bad idea because of his ankle?

Old
10-10-2011, 07:48 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 555
Quote:
Wouldn't doubt if Reyes wants double of Rollins. Is there a good SS on a bad team right now we could look to trade for?

Would Stephen Drew be out of our reach or would it be a bad idea because of his ankle?
Hanley. We don't have much to offer in terms of trades though. It's either superstar, or prospect (which we're short on)

Old
10-10-2011, 07:50 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Then maybe Peralta or Furcal?

Old
10-10-2011, 07:54 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Then maybe Peralta or Furcal?
You can't just acquire any freakin SS in the MLB. I would look at Scutaro though.

10-10-2011, 07:55 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Ummm... . That salary hurts... a lot...

Also, where the hell is Worley? Where is Brown?
Uhhhhhhhh if that was our team I'd be really REALLY happy.

Old
10-10-2011, 07:56 PM
Justified
Amaro out

Quote:
I don't think there is a reason NOT to sign him.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$, this Howard contract is an Albatross .

Old
10-10-2011, 07:57 PM
Justified
Amaro out

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
I wouldnt mind seeing a Galvis/Martinez platoon.

Old
10-10-2011, 07:59 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
I think they may trade Hamels, he hasnt signed an extension yet so he will probably want to test Free Agency. If he doesnt sign one trading him could get you some serious value.
Hamels isn't free agent eligible. He's arbitration eligible. I don't see the Phillies or Cole Hamels parting ways anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Well Howard can't be traded, and Brown, Worley, and any of our other prospects wouldn't fetch half of the names on this list. If Cinncy deals Votto, it won't be to an NL powerhouse. I see no reason for the Mets to deal David Wright, and Wayne Cashman would laugh and hang up the phone if someone called for C.C., unless the name "Roy Halladay" was mentioned in the first 3 seconds.

Unless we move Hamels and Brown, I don't see much much assistance coming via trade. Opposing GMs won't be helping us out.
I'm aware of all of this. I was just joking around. Although CC can opt out of his contract to become a free agent. Not that we need him.

I think Jose Reyes is a real possibility however. J Roll is gonna want too much money for too long. I'd rather spend the extra money for the added production. Plus it would make Mets fans mad. The other option that would look nice is Hanley Ramirez.

I dream big

Old
10-10-2011, 08:02 PM
Justified
Amaro out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
Uhhhhhhhh if that was our team I'd be really REALLY happy.
Just replace Tulo with Reyes and Longoria with Wright and we would be set .

Old
10-10-2011, 08:04 PM
Justified
Amaro out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timonen View Post
Hamels isn't free agent eligible. He's arbitration eligible. I don't see the Phillies or Cole Hamels parting ways anytime soon.
I know his contract status, he is a free agent after the 2012 season. just think about it, what player could you get the parts you are looking for. If the goal is to get younger Hamels is the one piece that can get you that. he could net you a huge gain. I want him to stay but if they cant come to terms with him I would move him instead of taking the two picks.

Old
10-10-2011, 09:40 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
I know his contract status, he is a free agent after the 2012 season. just think about it, what player could you get the parts you are looking for. If the goal is to get younger Hamels is the one piece that can get you that. he could net you a huge gain. I want him to stay but if they cant come to terms with him I would move him instead of taking the two picks.
I wouldn't trade my only young ace to get younger.

Old
10-10-2011, 10:59 PM
Justified
Amaro out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
I wouldn't trade my only young ace to get younger.
I would if I know he is going to test free agency and there is no guarantee he will be coming back.

Old
10-10-2011, 11:18 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
I would if I know he is going to test free agency and there is no guarantee he will be coming back.
Only if they can't re-sign him and even then I might take the picks if I feel confident in our chance to compete. Right now their top priority should be to re-sign him.

Old
10-10-2011, 11:39 PM
Justified
Amaro out

Quote:
Only if they can't re-sign him and even then I might take the picks if I feel confident in our chance to compete. Right now their top priority should be to re-sign him.
I want them to resign him, he is my favorite Phillie ever. That being said, a rotation led by Halladay and Lee is more than enough to win the WS. Say the Yankees (who badly need starting pitching) came along and offered a package revolving around Jesus Montero, if I am the Phillies I jump on that. The only way I trade him is if I know I am getting back at least one younger player who can make an impact offensively in 2012. This team needs offense.

Old
10-11-2011, 12:05 AM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
I want them to resign him, he is my favorite Phillie ever. That being said, a rotation led by Halladay and Lee is more than enough to win the WS. Say the Yankees (who badly need starting pitching) came along and offered a package revolving around Jesus Montero, if I am the Phillies I jump on that. The only way I trade him is if I know I am getting back at least one younger player who can make an impact offensively in 2012. This team needs offense.
I wanted Montero before we locked up Howard because he projects to be more of a 1B/DH. He struggles at the catcher position.

Old
10-11-2011, 12:09 AM
Justified
Amaro out

Quote:
I wanted Montero before we locked up Howard because he projects to be more of a 1B/DH. He struggles at the catcher position.
It was just a suggestion, but Hamels should be able to get you a great haul especially with the Yankees since they desperately need starting pitching.

Old
10-11-2011, 12:14 AM
SolidSnakeUS

If we re-sign Hamels, we still have one of the best rotations in baseball again with Halladay, Lee, Hamels and Worley. Have Blanton and Kendrick fight over the 5th spot. Our starting pitching would be fine then. As of right now, we technically have good players at all of our outfield positions (Brown/Francisco/Mayberry, Victorino and Pence). So that's fine. We have a 3B and 2B and C so we need to figure out 1st and SS really. Other than that, we need some better relief pitchers.

Old
10-11-2011, 12:26 AM
Justified
Amaro out

Quote:
If we re-sign Hamels, we still have one of the best rotations in baseball again with Halladay, Lee, Hamels and Worley. Have Blanton and Kendrick fight over the 5th spot. Our starting pitching would be fine then. As of right now, we technically have good players at all of our outfield positions (Brown/Francisco/Mayberry, Victorino and Pence). So that's fine. We have a 3B and 2B and C so we need to figure out 1st and SS really. Other than that, we need some better relief pitchers.
If they dont make any moves for a 1b, I would be fine with having Mayberry play there full time with the possibility of Utley getting to play there some times to take less stress off of him. I would like Brown to play full time in LF. I personally think that goal #1 should be Hamels this off season.

Old
10-11-2011, 12:43 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
If they dont make any moves for a 1b, I would be fine with having Mayberry play there full time with the possibility of Utley getting to play there some times to take less stress off of him. I would like Brown to play full time in LF. I personally think that goal #1 should be Hamels this off season.
Exactly. Hamels will finish our awesome rotation. Mayberry at 1st is VERY possible for most of the year.

Old
10-11-2011, 02:24 AM
mm6492

Quote:
I hang up immediately.

Old
10-11-2011, 08:52 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Would Scutaro be a bad idea?
He's a career .270/.338/.389 hitter which isn't bad, but he's 35 years old. I guess if he's cheap he could be a stop gap to something else later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
You can't just acquire any freakin SS in the MLB. I would look at Scutaro though.
I believe Furcal is a free agent.

Quote:
I wouldnt mind seeing a Galvis/Martinez platoon.
I don't think that's a good idea. Martinez isn't really good at anything, and I don't think Galvis is ready for the majors.

I think Jimmy is their best option. If he wants 5 years you give him 3 with 2 years of options. Unless they want a stop gap to Galvis. Then I'd probably look at Furcal or Scutaro for a cheaper 2 year deal.

Quote:
Mayberry at 1st is VERY possible for most of the year.
There's a decent chance Howard will be ready to play in April. The rehab is 6-9 months, and professional athletes tend to be on the shorter side of recovery times.

Closed Thread