HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jets claim Brett MacLean from Phoenix

Old
10-07-2011, 02:12 PM
Joey Moss

vCash: 500
I don't understand why the Yotes would let this kid go? They keep signing bottom 6 forwards rather than letting their young guys get some ice time and develop.

Whitney - Langkow - Doan
Korpikoski - Hanzal - Vrbata
Pyatt - Gordon - Boedker
Torres - Chipchura - Nokelainen

vs.

Whitney - Langkow - Doan
MacLean - Turris - Boedker
Torres - Gordon - Pyatt/Nokelainen
Chipchura, Bissonnette

Would have been decent..

Should have waived either Pyatt or Nokelainen IMO. MacLean could be good.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 04:16 PM
Inub0i
For the Alliance!

Send a message via AIM to Inub0i Send a message via MSN to Inub0i Send a message via Skype™ to Inub0i
Another brain fart by Phoenix

Inub0i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 05:27 PM
Cooperalls
Oiler Fan!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Advocate View Post
Shaky ownership? There's no ownership. The direction Don Maloney and Dave Tippett have taken the last two years is very consistent. Winning. As far as their identity in the future, who cares. Their only future at this point is this season.

Sure could, could also turn into the next Jeff Taffe.

Hopefully you're right. Making the playoffs 3 consecutive seasons for Coyotes fans is unheard of.

I'll be surprised if he gets 10 goals this season, and even more surprised if he is not sent back to the AHL at some point. As for his stats I'm sure he'd pile up a bunch in NHL 2011 or another Video game. His video coaches will probably be pulling out their hair though.

Quite possibly the strangest post I've seen. Or is this bumped from 1990?
LOL. Holy, defensive angry multi post guy. Slow down on the multi quotes and re-read what he wrote. He's talking about the Manitoba Moose.

Cooperalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 06:18 PM
Leafs87
Mr. Steal Your Job

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
Be happy jets fan. seriously.
The guy was NHL ready when he played in the O. No idea why PHX sat him in the AHL for so long.

People better not be surprised if he has a break out year. Its quiet expected tbh.

I have been following him a bit (stats wise) and never realized how he didnt jump right to the NHL. He consistently put up numbers in every league.

Not sure if he has changed since Oshawa, but he had a nose for the net....very intelligent player and used his size effectively.
You just described Tlusty v2 to me right there. Ripped apart every league......except the NHL

Leafs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 06:40 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inub0i View Post
Another brain fart by Phoenix
I know Sharks fans must still be kicking themselves for letting Lukas Kaspar go.

First Enver Lisin, now Brett MacLean? How do we keep letting these golden prospects escape us? Imagine our blueline with Logan Stephenson, Matthew Spiller, and Dan Focht patrolling it. Toss in an Igor Knyazev and we are winning a cup.

Sometimes prospects get waived because they aren't all that good.

We will see.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 07:14 PM
Hybbe

Thank you, Phoenix.

Hybbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 09:48 PM
Louiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
I don't understand why the Yotes would let this kid go? They keep signing bottom 6 forwards rather than letting their young guys get some ice time and develop.

Whitney - Langkow - Doan
Pyatt - Gordon - Boedker
Torres - Chipchura - Nokelainen

vs.

Whitney - Langkow - Doan
MacLean - Turris - Boedker
Torres - Gordon - Pyatt/Nokelainen
Chipchura, Bissonnette

Would have been decent..

Should have waived either Pyatt or Nokelainen IMO. MacLean could be good.
Maybe Nokelainen but no way for Pyatt...

+ those have 1 way contracts they dont want them in the minors earning big money.
Pretty srue they didnt expect MacLean to be claimed... he got beaten by Patrick O'sullivan by a spot you dont have to go further than that.

Louiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 10:32 AM
Go Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I know Sharks fans must still be kicking themselves for letting Lukas Kaspar go.

First Enver Lisin, now Brett MacLean? How do we keep letting these golden prospects escape us? Imagine our blueline with Logan Stephenson, Matthew Spiller, and Dan Focht patrolling it. Toss in an Igor Knyazev and we are winning a cup.

Sometimes prospects get waived because they aren't all that good.

We will see.
Maclean has never been given the chance to show what he can do. 13 games in the NHL isnt what I would call asessing the player's ability. This a dumb move by Phoenix plain and simple. They could have easily played him to try and see how he'll turn out instead of just saying whatever we'll give up on him for nothing.

Go Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 12:30 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Wings View Post
Maclean has never been given the chance to show what he can do. 13 games in the NHL isnt what I would call asessing the player's ability. This a dumb move by Phoenix plain and simple. They could have easily played him to try and see how he'll turn out instead of just saying whatever we'll give up on him for nothing.
The fact that weve only seen thirteen games is a solid indicator that we have no idea what we are talking about. I'm sure the organization that drafted and developed him has seen a tiny bit more of him.

I'm not worried about. Maybe we lost Michael Ryder. More likely, we lost Brandon Bochenski.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 01:13 PM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
I don't understand why the Yotes would let this kid go?
Because the Coyotes want to continually make the playoffs with a veteran heavy roster that plays to Tippett's strengths. There's no place in the bottom 6 for a player as slow and soft as MacLean, and he isn't good enough nor fast enough to play with the top 6 guys. I think it's stupid to let a scorer like that go after only 13 games, of which he probably had quality icetime with good linemates in a few, but the depth is there to keep him out. He wasn't waiver exempt, so they just let him get claimed.

He had a bad camp too, so that was the final nail.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 02:07 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Just when he thought he was moving to Winnipeg at the end of last season... it happens again! Should be a good fit.

thadd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 10:36 AM
ttam103

he played with tavares in oshawa right? surprised islanders dont try to re-unite them.

ttam103 is offline   Reply With Quote