HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Introduction

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-11-2011, 05:36 AM
  #1
Dave C
Registered User
 
Dave C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nottingham, England
Country: England
Posts: 126
vCash: 500
Introduction

Hi everyone.

Just thought I'd introduce myelf. My name's Dave and I live in Derby, England. I started watching the NHL last season and it was the Rangers who caught my eye. I've followed them ever since.

I try to watch as many games as possible - which is a bit difficult at the minute as ESPN aren't showing any NHL games in the UK yet this season

Anyway, nice to meet you all, LET'S GO RANGERS!!!

Dave C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 05:49 AM
  #2
King of cool
The winning hat
 
King of cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Under your skin
Country: France
Posts: 2,001
vCash: 500
Welcome aboard.

You should give a look at Gamecenter live: https://gamecenter.nhl.com/nhlgc/sec...-GCLloginslate

King of cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 06:50 AM
  #3
Dave C
Registered User
 
Dave C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nottingham, England
Country: England
Posts: 126
vCash: 500
Thanks mate.

I'll look into Gamecenter. I'm giving ESPN until the end of October before I cancel my subscription - I only get it for hockey!

Dave C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 07:01 AM
  #4
nyrleetch
Registered User
 
nyrleetch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,031
vCash: 500
Welcome!

nyrleetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 07:55 AM
  #5
Jabroni
The People's Champ
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,554
vCash: 500
Welcome!

Are you a pessimist or optimist? There are bunch of both on HF.

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 09:10 AM
  #6
Dave C
Registered User
 
Dave C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nottingham, England
Country: England
Posts: 126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Welcome!

Are you a pessimist or optimist? There are bunch of both on HF.
We're going to go 80-0-2 and win the Stanley Cup by a country mile

Dave C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 09:18 AM
  #7
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 22,842
vCash: 500
Awards:
Welcome! Lots of Rangers fans from the UK it seems. Glad to have you aboard.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 09:28 AM
  #8
Propane Nightmares
Only Entertainment
 
Propane Nightmares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: England land
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 43,956
vCash: 500
Derby eh, if you're not already a fan I recommend a trip to Nottingam to watch the Panthers in the Elite League, it's not that bad, honest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru_DeHbNmDI

Propane Nightmares is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 09:29 AM
  #9
Dave C
Registered User
 
Dave C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nottingham, England
Country: England
Posts: 126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Welcome! Lots of Rangers fans from the UK it seems. Glad to have you aboard.
Thank you.

Yes the Rangers are a well supported team over here. Judging by the NHL jerseys I see when I go to see my local side the Nottingham Panthers, the majority of fans are Penguins "bandwagoners"! Flyers, Canucks, Caps also seem to have a good fan base but this is based on what I see at games.

Dave C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 09:30 AM
  #10
Dave C
Registered User
 
Dave C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nottingham, England
Country: England
Posts: 126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshy3413 View Post
Derby eh, if you're not already a fan I recommend a trip to Nottingam to watch the Panthers in the Elite League, it's not that bad, honest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru_DeHbNmDI
Well, I'm originally from Derby but now live smack bang in the middle of Derby and Nottingham. I've been to 4 out of 6 Panthers home games this season already. Season ticket next year I think!

Dave C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 09:33 AM
  #11
Propane Nightmares
Only Entertainment
 
Propane Nightmares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: England land
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 43,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
Thank you.

Yes the Rangers are a well supported team over here. Judging by the NHL jerseys I see when I go to see my local side the Nottingham Panthers, the majority of fans are Penguins "bandwagoners"! Flyers, Canucks, Caps also seem to have a good fan base but this is based on what I see at games.
That sounds about right, 5 years ago it was Detroit bandwagoners and now it's Penguins

Propane Nightmares is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 09:34 AM
  #12
Dave C
Registered User
 
Dave C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nottingham, England
Country: England
Posts: 126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshy3413 View Post
Derby eh, if you're not already a fan I recommend a trip to Nottingam to watch the Panthers in the Elite League, it's not that bad, honest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru_DeHbNmDI
I was also at the recent Cov game for this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m69SnCAfX5s

Lepine is a beast!! Jurynec ended up in a right mess...


Dave C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 09:51 AM
  #13
MorrisWanchuk
Registered User
 
MorrisWanchuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 2,930
vCash: 500
seems like the british league is one of the few Euro leagues that allows the fighting. they may get better if they focus on the other parts of the game - like sticking the puck in the net!

good to have you on board

MorrisWanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 09:57 AM
  #14
Propane Nightmares
Only Entertainment
 
Propane Nightmares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: England land
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 43,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
I was also at the recent Cov game for this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m69SnCAfX5s

Lepine is a beast!! Jurynec ended up in a right mess...

Haha British hockey never fails to provide some good fights, I'm a linesman in the EPL and thankfully I've never done a game where teams left the benches. Had this on Saturday though http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEKccLU8LGg

Also my buddy James Griffin plays for Coventry, played Juniors with him and went to the same school, excellent young defenseman, could see him on the GB senior team in a few years time

Propane Nightmares is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 10:00 AM
  #15
Propane Nightmares
Only Entertainment
 
Propane Nightmares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: England land
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 43,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorrisWanchuk View Post
seems like the british league is one of the few Euro leagues that allows the fighting. they may get better if they focus on the other parts of the game - like sticking the puck in the net!

good to have you on board
Yeah our style of hockey is compared more to North American than Euro, the Elite League allows 10 imports (haven't played at least 2 years of juniors in the country) and they're usually borderline AHL/ECHL players. If you go onto the league page on Elite Prospects you can see the nationalities of all the players.

And hey! We actually got Silver in our group at the D1 worlds last year, the only game we lost was 2-1 against Kazakhstan and they had Vitaly Yeremeyev in goal, who led the KHL in Save% last season


Last edited by Propane Nightmares: 10-11-2011 at 10:05 AM.
Propane Nightmares is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 10:06 AM
  #16
Dave C
Registered User
 
Dave C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nottingham, England
Country: England
Posts: 126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshy3413 View Post
Haha British hockey never fails to provide some good fights, I'm a linesman in the EPL and thankfully I've never done a game where teams left the benches. Had this on Saturday though http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEKccLU8LGg

Also my buddy James Griffin plays for Coventry, played Juniors with him and went to the same school, excellent young defenseman, could see him on the GB senior team in a few years time
For that Cov game an ex Cov player was sat 2 seats away from me. Somebody Cook lol. He lives in Notts now and for some reason HATES the Blaze.

Dave C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 10:09 AM
  #17
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 22,842
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshy3413 View Post
Yeah our style of hockey is compared more to North American than Euro, the Elite League allows 10 imports (haven't played at least 2 years of juniors in the country) and they're usually borderline AHL/ECHL players. If you go onto the league page on Elite Prospects you can see the nationalities of all the players.

And hey! We actually got Silver in our group at the D1 worlds last year, the only game we lost was 2-1 against Kazakhstan and they had Vitaly Yeremeyev in goal, who led the KHL in Save% last season
Former Rangers Vitali Yeremeyev! That's a blast from the past.

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 12:13 PM
  #18
Dave C
Registered User
 
Dave C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nottingham, England
Country: England
Posts: 126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
Welcome aboard.

You should give a look at Gamecenter live: https://gamecenter.nhl.com/nhlgc/sec...-GCLloginslate
For all of you in GB and Europe (I think Europe anyway) this mess has now been sorted and Premier Sports have the rights for this season not ESPN. Starting with Anaheim and San Jose on Saturday.

Only 7.99 a month rather than 12 which ESPN is with Sky so not all bad. No HD though

Dave C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 12:31 PM
  #19
King of cool
The winning hat
 
King of cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Under your skin
Country: France
Posts: 2,001
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
For all of you in GB and Europe (I think Europe anyway) this mess has now been sorted and Premier Sports have the rights for this season not ESPN. Starting with Anaheim and San Jose on Saturday.

Only 7.99 a month rather than 12 which ESPN is with Sky so not all bad. No HD though
Thanks for the heads-up.

King of cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.