HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pre-Season Waived Players

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-11-2011, 01:03 PM
  #251
Jimmi Jenkins
Just Walk Away
 
Jimmi Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Krushelnyski View Post
Yep... TSN has it now too... Chorney to the Blues...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=377864
Makes sense for them, with Carlo Ican'tspellhislastname going on IR, but Chorney is no longer an Oiler. Good luck to him.

Jimmi Jenkins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 01:17 PM
  #252
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face
 
Reimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,322
vCash: 500
Yeah makes sense for the Blues to claim him I suppose with injuries.

Good for us as it clears a contract and my opinion of Chorney isn't great either.

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 01:31 PM
  #253
millpoo
Registered User
 
millpoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: ST. A
Posts: 1,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
Yeah makes sense for the Blues to claim him I suppose with injuries.

Good for us as it clears a contract and my opinion of Chorney isn't great either.
He wasn't great and likely won't even be good, but subtracting him from our defence corps makes our depth even shallower. Will be there be a greater need now to look for a replacement defender?

He would like have probably 'helped' the brutal defence down in OKC.

Alas, good luck to him in St. Loo.

millpoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 01:59 PM
  #254
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,576
vCash: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by millpoo View Post
He wasn't great and likely won't even be good, but subtracting him from our defence corps makes our depth even shallower. Will be there be a greater need now to look for a replacement defender?

He would like have probably 'helped' the brutal defence down in OKC.

Alas, good luck to him in St. Loo.
The problem is how does he help OKC out? He had to clear waivers regardless so while he would've helped them out there really is nothing that can stop a team from taking your guys off waivers.

It's not like we just put him on waivers to get rid of him. He had to go on them to go to OKC which was the plan.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 02:01 PM
  #255
nexttothemoon
The Drive for Nine
 
nexttothemoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,215
vCash: 500
I gotta admit it's a bit of a piss-off to see him get picked up off waivers just when the Oilers need dmen bodies in OKC. As pointed out, any injuries at all down there currently and they are stuffed as they are only carrying 6 dmen on the roster.

Generally though I say best of luck to Chorney in St Louis and I'm hoping the Oilers make good use of the waiver wire to watch for other dmen since they have 1st priority pick until the end of October.

nexttothemoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 02:08 PM
  #256
Oilfan2
Oil the way..
 
Oilfan2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,370
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexttothemoon View Post
I gotta admit it's a bit of a piss-off to see him get picked up off waivers just when the Oilers need dmen bodies in OKC. As pointed out, any injuries at all down there currently and they are stuffed as they are only carrying 6 dmen on the roster.

Generally though I say best of luck to Chorney in St Louis and I'm hoping the Oilers make good use of the waiver wire to watch for other dmen since they have 1st priority pick until the end of October.
Doesn't really help though. Any player claimed has to stay on the NHL roster or be placed back on waivers to send to OKC. I doubt if there will be much on waivers that will be better than the current crop the Oilers have (Petry/Peckham/Sutton/Barker).

The only thing I see is making a trade and I don't see us having anything of value we'd be willing to give up, outside the 1st this year. Even that you won't trade unless you're getting a top 2-3, which is unlikely...Looks like we're stuck with whatever we have..

Oilfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.