HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Erik Cole So Far

Old
10-10-2011, 08:06 PM
Stradale

vCash: 500
Its been only 2 games and we have a "SO FAR" thread.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 08:07 PM
Habs 1909

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Not to single you out, but I hate when people say that about weber. He's been ready for a while IMO.
Agreed. He'd be on arguably all top 6's in the league.

The only reason he's not in ours at the moment (barring injuries obviously) is his versatility.

Habs 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 08:58 PM
Galchenyum
AGally+BGally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Erik Cole over the course of his career has produced as much at home than on the road. Matter of fact, I believe he might even have a few more points on the road.
This would be the first time in his career that his home stats destroy his road ones.

I did say it was just a feeling I had. I didn't look over any stats or anything from previous years, just wanted to share my opinion on how the season could unfold for Cole. He's always seemed very intense at the Bell Centre so I personally believe a lot of his production will come at home - though maybe not as lopsided as the predictions made in the post I had originally quoted.

Galchenyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 09:04 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

The OP gets the early knod for this year's Westislander award.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 09:12 PM
JAVO16

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy View Post
Welcome to Montreal Erik, where fans don't watch 82 games of other team's players so they think that everyone else is good during 82 games, and only our players are inconsistent.

Same reminder for you Mr. Kostitsyn... all the players in the league are consistent, why aren't you? I saw how consistent they are by watching highlights and stats sheets. I'm actually watching you play 82 games now, and why can't you score points every game like players elsewhere that I don't watch play?

Mr. Cole and mr. Kostitsyn, you're overpaid and should really give a more consistent effort. Same for you mr. Cammalleri. You were much more consistent when I wasn't watching you play for 82 games...
Brilliant This should get stickied or something.

JAVO16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 05:01 AM
NBP81

And remember... Cole cant fight!

NBP81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 08:16 AM
LePoche69

Beside of his production, he's exactly what I thought he would be.
  • Dangerous on the rush.
  • Go to the net relentlessly, thanks to his good size
  • Average success in all his attempts
  • Overestimated physicality (always late hits)
  • Not a factor on PP

That said, it doesn't help that he's playing with a 12th-13th foward (Darche) and a second year (still in his first year, number of game wise) little smurf (Desharnais) that has some problem to blossom right now.

The guy used to play with Eric Staal!!! That's a major drop! It is just an opinion, but I think that Cole, to be at his best, needs to play on a line with size, he needs the other players to be big and to-the-net also. It means he will have to adapt his game because habs can't give him that.

I think he could be better used if he play with Eller when he'll come back. I would love to see a line Desharnais-Eller-Cole.

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 09:11 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
The OP gets the early knod for this year's Westislander award.
I really wish his name was EastEnder or something like that instead

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 09:46 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe View Post
I"m certain he didn't sign here expecting 3rd line minutes and zero PP time of he would have took less to stay in Carolina.
This is the exact same thing that happened with Samsonov. I'd be surprised if he was still here by december if JM keeps using him like this.

I don't think it's related to an injury even if that is a possibility, It seems simply like a case where the GM signed a player for a role but the coach has him pegged in a different role.
Come on, get real. The Habs and Cole know exactly what's going on.Maybe's he's hurt, maybe he's being asked to protect the young guys on the third line. Who knows? The guy is a pro, and so is JM. Yeah, JM treats one of the most important UFA signings of the last 2 years like crap, and pisses PG off. They get in a big flap about it...think not. Jeez.

Further: Think: Cole does not have to worry about huge stats anymore. This is likely his last contract and he knows it. He's here to help the team win in any way he can, and I'm damn glad he committed here for 4 years. We have very few guys like Cole, he's very important to this team, and obviously wants to help the Habs win, or he would not have signed this deal. He'll be an inspiration, mentor and tough minutes guy. Understand this guy's context: He's here for the long haul, and He, JM and PG know it. I have no worries at all about Cole.

Last edited by bsl: 10-11-2011 at 09:57 AM.
bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 09:52 AM
otto bond

He`s doing fine. 14 min of ice time with 2 shots in 2 games.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 10:18 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
He`s doing fine. 14 min of ice time with 2 shots in 2 games.
2 hits, which puts him tied for the team lead. A blocked shot and 100 percent faceoff win percent.

Thursday I suspect he'll get 5 hits and a 1g 1 a.

Though, Varlamov looked good.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 10:21 AM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Though, Varlamov looked good.
Varlamov? That's saturday. Kipper is on thursday

PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 01:53 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Come on, get real. The Habs and Cole know exactly what's going on.Maybe's he's hurt, maybe he's being asked to protect the young guys on the third line. Who knows? The guy is a pro, and so is JM. Yeah, JM treats one of the most important UFA signings of the last 2 years like crap, and pisses PG off. They get in a big flap about it...think not. Jeez.

Further: Think: Cole does not have to worry about huge stats anymore. This is likely his last contract and he knows it. He's here to help the team win in any way he can, and I'm damn glad he committed here for 4 years. We have very few guys like Cole, he's very important to this team, and obviously wants to help the Habs win, or he would not have signed this deal. He'll be an inspiration, mentor and tough minutes guy. Understand this guy's context: He's here for the long haul, and He, JM and PG know it. I have no worries at all about Cole.
I guess we'll find out soon enough. I don't think it's about anyone pissing anyone else off but simply a difference of opinion between coach and gm. But like I said, we'll see what Cole thinks of his "role". Last time he was in a role he didn't appreciate it was in Edm (i.e. Lw instead of RW ) and he didn't last the whole year.

sXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 02:57 PM
x-bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
If You Guys Are All Done With The Flaming, Let Me Says What I Meant When I Started The Thead. First Of All, I Like Cole Has A Player And What He Brings
To The Habs. Secondly, I Made A Point Of Cole Not Keeping His Head Up When
Handlng The Puck Sometimes. Look At Some Tape Of The First Or Second
Exibition Games, The Guy Got Rocked Pretty Hard With A Clean Check,we
Don't Need Anymore Injuries Of Key Players.
I Stand By The Ak Comments. All The Skill And Decent Size To Be A Much Better
Hockey Player, Not Willing To Take In On Most Nights
Why do you with capitals in every word. It makes it really annoying to read.

Anyways, I'm not too worried about Cole. I'll reserve judging his play before the 10 game mark.

x-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 03:03 PM
LyleOdelein

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe View Post
I guess we'll find out soon enough. I don't think it's about anyone pissing anyone else off but simply a difference of opinion between coach and gm. But like I said, we'll see what Cole thinks of his "role". Last time he was in a role he didn't appreciate it was in Edm (i.e. Lw instead of RW ) and he didn't last the whole year.
Some facts:

- Cole has played over 60% of his even strength ice-time with Pleks as his centre and over 4% of his ES ice time with Gomez as his centre.
- He was on the third line for less than two periods in what was an obvious attempt to get AKost rolling early and spread out the scoring.
- Cole's also been on the ice for 18.5% of the Habs' PP time, which isn't bad considering his low PP production in the past.
- He's ahead of AKost and only behind Gionta in RWer total TOI
- He has played only offensive minutes, clocking in with no SH TOI so far.

Martin has played him in a top 6 winger role, which is exactly what PG was looking for in acquiring him. He's not off to a rocking start by any means, but there's really no reason to look for controversy two games into his tenure.

LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 04:48 PM
BLONG7

Way too soon, to have a so far thread...Cole will be fine guys! He is a scoring machine at the Bell...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 08:20 PM
sampollock

2 games , big whoop

ask us again after 20.

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 08:22 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyleOdelein View Post
Some facts:

- Cole has played over 60% of his even strength ice-time with Pleks as his centre and over 4% of his ES ice time with Gomez as his centre.
- He was on the third line for less than two periods in what was an obvious attempt to get AKost rolling early and spread out the scoring.
- Cole's also been on the ice for 18.5% of the Habs' PP time, which isn't bad considering his low PP production in the past.
- He's ahead of AKost and only behind Gionta in RWer total TOI
- He has played only offensive minutes, clocking in with no SH TOI so far.

Martin has played him in a top 6 winger role, which is exactly what PG was looking for in acquiring him. He's not off to a rocking start by any means, but there's really no reason to look for controversy two games into his tenure.
Pro facts are pro. Seriously though

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 09:06 PM
Gary320

Probably said already but here is an idea of WHEN these posts should actually be done.

EXPECTATIONS - before regular season or pre season.
SO FAR - atleast 30 games. But it's okay after 10 or 20 games. (note 2 games is not enough)
SEASON EVALUATION - After the regular season. (note after 3 games is not enough...)

but seriously... SO FAR AFTER TWO GAMES?!

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 10:38 PM
nhlfan9191

Not impressed so far. We'll need him down the stretch and in the playoff's. He's much needed size.

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote