Old
10-11-2011, 09:48 AM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesfan13 View Post
Should have kept sven baertschi in the opening night lineup
Why? what drastic difference would of he made and what winger are you going to take out in his spot.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 10:01 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

vCash: 500
Warrener on the morning show is just nailing it on the head. Bag skate these losers this morning. The intensity isn't there and they're not playing for each other. Also said everyone cuts this team too much slack. I agree 100%.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 10:12 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Btw, why the hell is Bouwmeester wearing an "A"?

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 11:07 AM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
Btw, why the hell is Bouwmeester wearing an "A"?
I just don't get it either. From a fan's perspective Bouwmeester is not a leader on this team. Maybe the coaches see something we don't.

The fact that he's on the ice more then anyone may be a factor, but I think that's lame. I really think he gets it because who else are you going to give the "A" to?

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 11:26 AM
DBU
343 Guilty Spark

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
I just don't get it either. From a fan's perspective Bouwmeester is not a leader on this team. Maybe the coaches see something we don't.

The fact that he's on the ice more then anyone may be a factor, but I think that's lame. I really think he gets it because who else are you going to give the "A" to?
Tanguay or Glencross. I easily give the A to one of those guys over Bouwmeester.

DBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 11:27 AM
Signature
PEEP PEEP PARTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
I really think he gets it because who else are you going to give the "A" to?
Right now my candidates for captaincies are Iginla, (C), Giordano (A), and Jokinen (A).
Jokinen has been one of our most consistent offensive players outside of the first line. I feel that he's stepped up, he's hungry. He's playing like it.

Signature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 11:30 AM
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Conroy View Post
Right now my candidates for captaincies are Iginla, (C), Giordano (A), and Jokinen (A).
Jokinen has been one of our most consistent offensive players outside of the first line. I feel that he's stepped up, he's hungry. He's playing like it.
This, plus Tanguay with an A

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 11:31 AM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

vCash: 152
A "letter" means absolutely nothing in a dressing room, Its more so for the player to command respect around the league and media.

At the moment our three most valuable players (In terms of team success) outside of Kipper are wearing the letters. It makes sense to me.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 11:49 AM
The Gnome

I think the real problem right now is players seem to be having an identity crisis in a way.

Sutter has to learn what works for players and where they feel comfortable. Expecting players to play in any situation like interchangable parts is asinine IMO.

Moss should go back to wing, Stajan should get his shot, and Bourque / Stempniak should get to play together.

Most of the players right now seem to think that they can make a play happen out of thin air (EX. blind passes, failed dekes, etc...). Nobody on this team is an elite all around player that can pull a "Datzyuk". Our roster needs to play to its strength and know its limitations. Sutter's comments are always a little hard to understand, but this is pretty much what he said after the game. Now only if he could learn to ice a proper set of lines

Old
10-11-2011, 12:03 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
I think he was a little in over his head playing as our #2 D. I'm not as impressed with him so far as most people here. Actually, aside from Giordano, I think our entire defense has stunk in these first two games.
Personally, I would not go as far as to say that Butler has been impressive. But in regards to the St. Louis game he looked solid to me. He didn't do anything great, but he didn't make hardly any mistakes either. He was skated well, moved the puck up the ice pretty good, and he looked better defensively in his own than Bouwmeester, he actually looked better than Bouwmeester overall in yesterdays game.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 12:11 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Sarich or Hannan should be wearing the other "A" in place of Bouwmeester if it were up to me.

I agree with Warrener. I like that Darryl is gone and the culture has changed, but so far this season it appears as though a majority of players have a 'laissez-faire' attitude. Players can still have fun, but they need to be accountable. These guys are professionals, and morning game or not they need to show up and play.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 03:51 PM
tfong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Hockey Fan View Post
who do you think would want him if that is the case? D. Sutter is no longer in the league.
Dunno if anyone wants him, waiver and put him in the AHL, I'm sure he could produce in the AHL.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 04:08 PM
The Gnome

Another thing I have started to notice about the flames ever since the NHL changed post-lockout (which has been very apparent in the first two games).

The Flames really are weak at centre (obvious statement) and centre has become the most important position in the NHL because of the rule changes to open up more ice (even more obvious). But, we do not need an elite point producing centreman IMO, what we need is another good-elite defensivly minded C (ex. Bergeron, Vermette).

The flames get hammered in front of their own net all the time because they cannot pick up the 1st, 2nd or 3rd rebound. IMO, this is a direct result of having mediocre centres who cannot play defense in their own end. Stajan and Jokinen are the biggest culprits.

Just look at who our two best defensive centres are right now...Those are two glaring ommisions in our lineup. I think when those two are back this team will be much better.

I'm not saying we don't need a #1 centre. But my definition of a #1 centre for this team is probably different then what most would think.

Also CGY's neutral zone play is so lazy I want to hit them all over the head with a frying pan.

Old
10-11-2011, 04:31 PM
Svensational
THANK YOU IGGY

I hate how the Flames have such an inconsistent play. They manage to start games great then S*** the bed after, only to make a doubtful comeback. This has happened so many times over the past few seasons. I can't recall 1 game where the Flames ACTUALLY played 60 minutes.

Svensational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 05:39 PM
mosenkov89
Rookie User

Two defeats at the start. lamentably, but the season has just begun. I would like see Calgary in the playoffs.

mosenkov89 is offline   Reply With Quote