HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GM#2 ,,, Hawks 5 - Stars 2

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-10-2011, 12:02 AM
  #101
icekoob
Registered User
 
icekoob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: VALPO/chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 1,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by committedindian86 View Post
Is everyone done freaking out over starting 0-1-0?
TBH I never was personally freaking out. However, we did play the Star's backup goalie.

With that said, I still think we're gonna be top 3 in the conference. Need to stay healthy.

icekoob is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 02:04 AM
  #102
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,502
vCash: 500
Bolland has proven his worth again. He needs to stay healthy, it's simple as that.


And still, I prefer to see Kane as Top Line RW with Toews

Bubba88 is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 04:13 AM
  #103
PPQB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 148
vCash: 500
I've always been a supporter of John Scott playing on our D. I have a problem with the argument that "he's a deterrent to keep other teams from taking shots at our players" though. Maybe he does that, but how come other teams don't fear him as a threat of laying out their players? Scott needs to lay the smack down on somebody every game. I'm not talking about anything dirty, just a good clean hockey check on somebody so everytime he steps on the ice the other team shudders in fear. Right now, the other team sees Scott on the ice, they try to get some talented players out there to create a talent mismatch. C'mon Scott, ruin somebody's day with a highlight hit, that'll make other teams think twice.

PPQB is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 07:21 AM
  #104
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPQB View Post
I've always been a supporter of John Scott playing on our D. I have a problem with the argument that "he's a deterrent to keep other teams from taking shots at our players" though. Maybe he does that, but how come other teams don't fear him as a threat of laying out their players? Scott needs to lay the smack down on somebody every game. I'm not talking about anything dirty, just a good clean hockey check on somebody so everytime he steps on the ice the other team shudders in fear. Right now, the other team sees Scott on the ice, they try to get some talented players out there to create a talent mismatch. C'mon Scott, ruin somebody's day with a highlight hit, that'll make other teams think twice.
How should he do this? He is too slow. If he tries, the other player is back on the bench before Scott is even at the spot he wanted to hit the player.

I have no problem with him because I think he is good for team chemistry and a good locker room guy.
But as Player, he shouldn't be on the ice over Lepisto or Olesz

Bubba88 is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 10:40 AM
  #105
Dump and Chase
Hand of God
 
Dump and Chase's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 632
vCash: 500
LOL at all the John Scott hate.


He most definitely has a role on this team. If you are incapable of seeing what that role is and the value the Hawks get by having him in it then it's a waste of time for anyone trying to educate you.


Bowman has Scott on the roster for a reason. I'll take a Bowman recipe for creating a winning hockey team over the ramblings of an armchair GM any time.


<3 John Scott.

Dump and Chase is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 10:46 AM
  #106
stingo
Registered User
 
stingo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,013
vCash: 500
I also, and always have had a soft spot for John Scott.

stingo is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 10:47 AM
  #107
Recoil
Registered User
 
Recoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dump and Chase View Post
LOL at all the John Scott hate.


He most definitely has a role on this team. If you are incapable of seeing what that role is and the value the Hawks get by having him in it then it's a waste of time for anyone trying to educate you.


Bowman has Scott on the roster for a reason. I'll take a Bowman recipe for creating a winning hockey team over the ramblings of an armchair GM any time.


<3 John Scott.
I'm not sure whether I'm more disoriented and disturbed by your post, or that avatar of Marian Hossa, but I think I'll choose to block both from my memory and pretend they never happened.

Recoil is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 11:28 AM
  #108
Dump and Chase
Hand of God
 
Dump and Chase's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
I'm not sure whether I'm more disoriented and disturbed by your post, or that avatar of Marian Hossa, but I think I'll choose to block both from my memory and pretend they never happened.

If you feel violated by my avatar it is not the purpose.

The point being that Hossa is the hand of God.



Maybe my next avatar should be the statue David as John Scott...(17 feet tall and hands of stone )

But the fact remains. John Scott has purpose on the Hawks and he fulfils that purpose the best he can with the severely limited tools he was born with. Plus the beating he gave Kevin Westgarth last year made me giggle like a schoolgirl.

Dump and Chase is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 11:37 AM
  #109
ChiHawk21
Registered User
 
ChiHawk21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,848
vCash: 500
Noooobody on the ice is afraid of john scott...the instigator rule has made fighters like him usless

Hes a terrible terrible hockey player

ChiHawk21 is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 12:19 PM
  #110
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,474
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiHawk21 View Post
Noooobody on the ice is afraid of john scott...the instigator rule has made fighters like him usless

Hes a terrible terrible hockey player
I think it's an interesting experiment to try to make a decent player out of a guy that size. I don't think it's been a complete failure, although progress has been slow. He hasn't shown enough to be getting any minutes though. If they insist on having him on the roster, just use him strictly at practice and try to improve his game.

digdug41982 is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 01:33 PM
  #111
Beukeboom Fan
Registered User
 
Beukeboom Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 11,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dump and Chase View Post
LOL at all the John Scott hate.


He most definitely has a role on this team. If you are incapable of seeing what that role is and the value the Hawks get by having him in it then it's a waste of time for anyone trying to educate you.


Bowman has Scott on the roster for a reason. I'll take a Bowman recipe for creating a winning hockey team over the ramblings of an armchair GM any time.


<3 John Scott.
What's Scott's role? If it's so apparent it should be EASY to communicate.

If you say it's a deterent - why did Ott drill Saad and carelessly high-stick Sharp? Maybe because he know that he wouldn't have to fight Scott. Scott is only useful if someone is stupid enough to drop the gloves with him. And since only a small fraction of NHL teams keep a legit heavy on the roster - he's worthless against everybone else.

And for the poster stating that Scott should hit someone once a game. He can't. He lacks the speed and agility to do so. He tried to do that in the first period (I think on Morrow), and the Stars player blew by him like he was standing still, and it led to a 2 on 1.

I don't mind having Scott on the roster. I just mind when Q plays him against a team without a legit heavy, and plays him anytime at defense.

Beukeboom Fan is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 01:48 PM
  #112
DisgruntledHawkFan
Moderator
 
DisgruntledHawkFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 23,608
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
I guess that would be correct, if you define creating offense as shooting pucks wide.
Give me one example of Kruger EVER looking like he's capable of being anything more then a five goal scorer at the NHL level.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 02:09 PM
  #113
sedag
Registered User
 
sedag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,004
vCash: 500

sedag is offline  
Old
10-10-2011, 03:12 PM
  #114
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedag View Post
right, this is all you found from him while being a Hawks player. This is all he did last year, 1 Fight

Bubba88 is offline  
Old
10-11-2011, 11:35 PM
  #115
Slvrdwn
Registered User
 
Slvrdwn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Bolland has proven his worth again. He needs to stay healthy, it's simple as that.


And still, I prefer to see Kane as Top Line RW with Toews
i'm in the same boat. as skilled as kane is, and even though he has been playing fairly well at C i still feel this team is a lot more dangerous with kane and toews together. i know they were separated in the dressing room and now they're stalls are far apart (allegedly for press reasons), but it makes me think something might be up between them...i know they're probably isn't, but i cant help but think its a possibility

Slvrdwn is offline  
Old
10-11-2011, 11:38 PM
  #116
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slvrdwn View Post
i'm in the same boat. as skilled as kane is, and even though he has been playing fairly well at C i still feel this team is a lot more dangerous with kane and toews together. i know they were separated in the dressing room and now they're stalls are far apart (allegedly for press reasons), but it makes me think something might be up between them...i know they're probably isn't, but i cant help but think its a possibility
There is nothing to this. You're really reaching.

HawksFan74 is offline  
Old
10-12-2011, 12:00 AM
  #117
massivegoonery
Registered User
 
massivegoonery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 11,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slvrdwn View Post
i'm in the same boat. as skilled as kane is, and even though he has been playing fairly well at C i still feel this team is a lot more dangerous with kane and toews together. i know they were separated in the dressing room and now they're stalls are far apart (allegedly for press reasons), but it makes me think something might be up between them...i know they're probably isn't, but i cant help but think its a possibility
I can't help but think that you're missing the blindingly obvious reason why they are on different lines now and why it's better that way.

massivegoonery is offline  
Old
10-12-2011, 12:16 AM
  #118
Chris Hansen
Versteeg's Concubine
 
Chris Hansen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 10,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
I can't help but think that you're missing the blindingly obvious reason why they are on different lines now and why it's better that way.
Great way to put it.

Chris Hansen is offline  
Old
10-12-2011, 12:20 AM
  #119
Slvrdwn
Registered User
 
Slvrdwn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 531
vCash: 500
thats why i phrased it the way i did. i know its extremely loosely based, and even said there probably isn't (i guess you guys stopped reading after that one sentence)...guess i shouldn't throw out loose possibilities, sorry...

the main point was that i thought the team was more dangerous when they were together.

Slvrdwn is offline  
Old
10-12-2011, 01:59 AM
  #120
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slvrdwn View Post
thats why i phrased it the way i did. i know its extremely loosely based, and even said there probably isn't (i guess you guys stopped reading after that one sentence)...guess i shouldn't throw out loose possibilities, sorry...

the main point was that i thought the team was more dangerous when they were together.
They are and you will see them together at different points in the game. Also on the PP. They were joking around together quite a bit at warm ups for Sat, all is good.

HawksFan74 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.