HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GM#2 ,,, Hawks 5 - Stars 2

Closed Thread

Old
10-10-2011, 12:02 AM
icekoob

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by committedindian86 View Post
Is everyone done freaking out over starting 0-1-0?
TBH I never was personally freaking out. However, we did play the Star's backup goalie.

With that said, I still think we're gonna be top 3 in the conference. Need to stay healthy.

Old
10-10-2011, 02:04 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Bolland has proven his worth again. He needs to stay healthy, it's simple as that.

And still, I prefer to see Kane as Top Line RW with Toews

Old
10-10-2011, 04:13 AM
PPQB

I've always been a supporter of John Scott playing on our D. I have a problem with the argument that "he's a deterrent to keep other teams from taking shots at our players" though. Maybe he does that, but how come other teams don't fear him as a threat of laying out their players? Scott needs to lay the smack down on somebody every game. I'm not talking about anything dirty, just a good clean hockey check on somebody so everytime he steps on the ice the other team shudders in fear. Right now, the other team sees Scott on the ice, they try to get some talented players out there to create a talent mismatch. C'mon Scott, ruin somebody's day with a highlight hit, that'll make other teams think twice.

Old
10-10-2011, 07:21 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPQB View Post
I've always been a supporter of John Scott playing on our D. I have a problem with the argument that "he's a deterrent to keep other teams from taking shots at our players" though. Maybe he does that, but how come other teams don't fear him as a threat of laying out their players? Scott needs to lay the smack down on somebody every game. I'm not talking about anything dirty, just a good clean hockey check on somebody so everytime he steps on the ice the other team shudders in fear. Right now, the other team sees Scott on the ice, they try to get some talented players out there to create a talent mismatch. C'mon Scott, ruin somebody's day with a highlight hit, that'll make other teams think twice.
How should he do this? He is too slow. If he tries, the other player is back on the bench before Scott is even at the spot he wanted to hit the player.

I have no problem with him because I think he is good for team chemistry and a good locker room guy.
But as Player, he shouldn't be on the ice over Lepisto or Olesz

Old
10-10-2011, 10:40 AM
Dump and Chase
Hand of God

LOL at all the John Scott hate.

He most definitely has a role on this team. If you are incapable of seeing what that role is and the value the Hawks get by having him in it then it's a waste of time for anyone trying to educate you.

Bowman has Scott on the roster for a reason. I'll take a Bowman recipe for creating a winning hockey team over the ramblings of an armchair GM any time.

<3 John Scott.

Old
10-10-2011, 10:46 AM
stingo

I also, and always have had a soft spot for John Scott.

Old
10-10-2011, 10:47 AM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dump and Chase View Post

He most definitely has a role on this team. If you are incapable of seeing what that role is and the value the Hawks get by having him in it then it's a waste of time for anyone trying to educate you.

Bowman has Scott on the roster for a reason. I'll take a Bowman recipe for creating a winning hockey team over the ramblings of an armchair GM any time.

<3 John Scott.
I'm not sure whether I'm more disoriented and disturbed by your post, or that avatar of Marian Hossa, but I think I'll choose to block both from my memory and pretend they never happened.

Old
10-10-2011, 11:28 AM
Dump and Chase
Hand of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
I'm not sure whether I'm more disoriented and disturbed by your post, or that avatar of Marian Hossa, but I think I'll choose to block both from my memory and pretend they never happened.

If you feel violated by my avatar it is not the purpose.

The point being that Hossa is the hand of God.

Maybe my next avatar should be the statue David as John Scott...(17 feet tall and hands of stone )

But the fact remains. John Scott has purpose on the Hawks and he fulfils that purpose the best he can with the severely limited tools he was born with. Plus the beating he gave Kevin Westgarth last year made me giggle like a schoolgirl.

Old
10-10-2011, 11:37 AM
ChiHawk21

Noooobody on the ice is afraid of john scott...the instigator rule has made fighters like him usless

Hes a terrible terrible hockey player

Old
10-10-2011, 12:19 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiHawk21 View Post
Noooobody on the ice is afraid of john scott...the instigator rule has made fighters like him usless

Hes a terrible terrible hockey player
I think it's an interesting experiment to try to make a decent player out of a guy that size. I don't think it's been a complete failure, although progress has been slow. He hasn't shown enough to be getting any minutes though. If they insist on having him on the roster, just use him strictly at practice and try to improve his game.

Old
10-10-2011, 01:33 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dump and Chase View Post

<3 John Scott.
What's Scott's role? If it's so apparent it should be EASY to communicate.

If you say it's a deterent - why did Ott drill Saad and carelessly high-stick Sharp? Maybe because he know that he wouldn't have to fight Scott. Scott is only useful if someone is stupid enough to drop the gloves with him. And since only a small fraction of NHL teams keep a legit heavy on the roster - he's worthless against everybone else.

And for the poster stating that Scott should hit someone once a game. He can't. He lacks the speed and agility to do so. He tried to do that in the first period (I think on Morrow), and the Stars player blew by him like he was standing still, and it led to a 2 on 1.

I don't mind having Scott on the roster. I just mind when Q plays him against a team without a legit heavy, and plays him anytime at defense.

Old
10-10-2011, 01:48 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
I guess that would be correct, if you define creating offense as shooting pucks wide.
Give me one example of Kruger EVER looking like he's capable of being anything more then a five goal scorer at the NHL level.

Old
10-10-2011, 02:09 PM
sedag

Old
10-10-2011, 03:12 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedag View Post
right, this is all you found from him while being a Hawks player. This is all he did last year, 1 Fight

Old
10-11-2011, 11:35 PM
Slvrdwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Bolland has proven his worth again. He needs to stay healthy, it's simple as that.

And still, I prefer to see Kane as Top Line RW with Toews
i'm in the same boat. as skilled as kane is, and even though he has been playing fairly well at C i still feel this team is a lot more dangerous with kane and toews together. i know they were separated in the dressing room and now they're stalls are far apart (allegedly for press reasons), but it makes me think something might be up between them...i know they're probably isn't, but i cant help but think its a possibility

Old
10-11-2011, 11:38 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slvrdwn View Post
i'm in the same boat. as skilled as kane is, and even though he has been playing fairly well at C i still feel this team is a lot more dangerous with kane and toews together. i know they were separated in the dressing room and now they're stalls are far apart (allegedly for press reasons), but it makes me think something might be up between them...i know they're probably isn't, but i cant help but think its a possibility
There is nothing to this. You're really reaching.

Old
10-12-2011, 12:00 AM
massivegoonery

Quote:
I can't help but think that you're missing the blindingly obvious reason why they are on different lines now and why it's better that way.

Old
10-12-2011, 12:16 AM
Chris Hansen
Versteeg's Concubine

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
I can't help but think that you're missing the blindingly obvious reason why they are on different lines now and why it's better that way.
Great way to put it.

Old
10-12-2011, 12:20 AM
Slvrdwn

thats why i phrased it the way i did. i know its extremely loosely based, and even said there probably isn't (i guess you guys stopped reading after that one sentence)...guess i shouldn't throw out loose possibilities, sorry...

the main point was that i thought the team was more dangerous when they were together.

Old
10-12-2011, 01:59 AM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
thats why i phrased it the way i did. i know its extremely loosely based, and even said there probably isn't (i guess you guys stopped reading after that one sentence)...guess i shouldn't throw out loose possibilities, sorry...

the main point was that i thought the team was more dangerous when they were together.
They are and you will see them together at different points in the game. Also on the PP. They were joking around together quite a bit at warm ups for Sat, all is good.

Closed Thread