HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Betts returned to Philly — fails physical with Habs

Old
10-12-2011, 03:32 AM
captainpaxil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
so Betts claims he has a knee injury, but the Flyers medical staff cleared him to be physically able to be put on waivers.
Thought I read he may need surgery. If he is indeed hurt the Flyers cannot put him back on waivers.
It wouldnt be the first time the decisions of the Flyers medical staff came into question
you have to think of the flyers or basicly any teams training and medical staff as the workmans comp dr. its not a matter of healthy youve been injured and will be reinjured as a matter of course the question is can you still perform the required tasks given the amount of pain killers they can legally prescribe you. betts could do that

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 05:20 AM
Krishna

vCash: 50
So what happens with betts? Does he stay on the roster?

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 05:37 AM
dats81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnz0rs View Post
So what happens with betts? Does he stay on the roster?
They can't loan him to the Phantoms without putting him on waivers again, can't put him on waivers until he is cleared to play again,... sound like we are stuck with him at least for now.

dats81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 05:44 AM
Krishna

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dats81 View Post
They can't loan him to the Phantoms without putting him on waivers again, can't put him on waivers until he is cleared to play again,... sound like we are stuck with him at least for now.
But if he was already healthy enough to be waiver eligible, what has to be fixed before he is waived again?

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 06:02 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnz0rs View Post
But if he was already healthy enough to be waiver eligible, what has to be fixed before he is waived again?
His knee. The idea being that he was presumably not healthy enough to be put on waivers before he was, but the Flyers gave it a whirl. I doubt the league lets them try it again with out investigating his condition via their own doctors or at least one not employed by the Flyers.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 06:20 AM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Waive him or don't waive him, someone will have to be traded to fix the contract situation

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 07:33 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
Waive him or don't waive him, someone will have to be traded to fix the contract situation
Yup. Meltzer has confirmed this on Twitter. In order for Couturier to stay up, we need to lose a contract. Hopefully they don't wait till the last minute.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 08:14 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Me fears Matt Walker and a 2nd are going somewhere for a 3rd--one of the teams that's hovering near the cap floor (Dallas--didn't TSN report that the are actually under the floor at the moment?)

It could be worse, actually. If he has to pay to get someone to take a contract, I hope he at least picks a bad contract. If he trades Legein and a 2nd for a 3rd, my head might explode.

Last edited by Jack de la Hoya: 10-12-2011 at 11:53 AM.
Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 10:40 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
Me fears Matt Walker and a 2nd is going somewhere for a 3rd--one of the teams that's hovering near the cap floor (Dallas--didn't TSN report that the are actually under the floor at the moment?)

It could be worse, actually. If he has to pay to get someone to take a contract, I hope he at least picks a bad contract. If he trades Legein and a 2nd for a 3rd, my head might explode.
I hadn't even though of that possibility. Not that I think Legien is ever going to be a good NHLer, but still. Trade Shelley damn it.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 11:05 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5700
I don't think they're going to do the Gauthier trade redux just to get rid of a contract again. Most people don't like Walker, but there are far more useless contracts on the team. Stefan Legein literally has no NHL future with the Flyers. There is zero reason for him to be under contract with us.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 11:15 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
Me fears Matt Walker and a 2nd is going somewhere for a 3rd--one of the teams that's hovering near the cap floor (Dallas--didn't TSN report that the are actually under the floor at the moment?)

At what point does Homer learn his lesson? Giving away picks for free is horrible asset management.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 11:57 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
I don't think they're going to do the Gauthier trade redux just to get rid of a contract again. Most people don't like Walker, but there are far more useless contracts on the team. Stefan Legein literally has no NHL future with the Flyers. There is zero reason for him to be under contract with us.
True, but every GM in the league understands the Flyers are up against a timeline with Couturier. I don't think Legein has enough value to get another team to bite--at least without a significant sweetener.

Walker, on the other hand, might. There are a few teams (Edmonton) that might need an NHL-caliber 3rd pairing DMan due to injuries, and others (Dallas) who might benefit from the extra salary. In the latter case, though, I think, a pick would be required from our side.

Old
10-12-2011, 12:00 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
At what point does Homer learn his lesson? Giving away picks for free is horrible asset management.
I guess it all depends how badly he wants to keep Couturier up. If he does, then unfortunately we'll probably have to trade another pick away with Walker, Shelley, or someone else. After that, hopefully he'd have learned his lesson, although I doubt it.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 12:09 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

this article is easily the most retarded thing I have seen.

According to this guy, we can just pack all our crap together and nail a AHL scoring veteran. No questions asked.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 12:12 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
this article is easily the most retarded thing I have seen.

According to this guy, we can just pack all our crap together and nail a AHL scoring veteran. No questions asked.
I think you're being a bit harsh. The way I read that story is that we could perhaps trade a veteran AHL goalie and a stagnating but still talented D prospect (Bourdon) to someone for an AHL veteran who will never make it to the NHL.

I don't know the landscape of the AHL, but if there is a team out there with a plethora of veteran forwards but lacking a goaltender, it doesn't seem that far-fetched.

Old
10-12-2011, 02:20 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5700
Quote:
Stefan Legein literally has no NHL future with the Flyers. There is zero reason for him to be under contract with us.
Call me The Soothsayer.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 02:20 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1431
Quote:
Call me The Soothsayer.
The 8th race at Belmont?

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 02:21 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Call me The Soothsayer.
I was just coming here to give due props.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 02:37 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
I think we are at 50 right now with Couts contract sliding until he plays in more then 9 games. I feel a Stefan Legein trade coming soon haha
Hey biatches don't like to brag but i had this trade two days ago boys... (and yes i do like to brag HA!)

Edit its from page 8 i think of this thread

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote