HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Why not Chris Clark?

Old
10-10-2011, 05:34 PM
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
I think it would be good

i like john madden more though

Last edited by donghabs98: 10-10-2011 at 07:10 PM.
donghabs98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 06:54 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
We'll see how palushaj does, if he's not ready, I'd look at clark.

LyricalLyricist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 07:00 PM
JohnLennon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Take it easy pal. The Dogs could use the experience. And that's why you sign him to a short term contract or did your intelligent eyes not pick that up?
No need to be sarcastic. I'm sorry if I offended you, pal. Fact is we don't need a player like him and neither do the Dogs. It would just be a waste of a contract in my opinion. We should only sign players when it's necessary, not when there is a possibility of a player being somewhat useful to the team when we don't really need them.

Excellent post by "Commandant" under me clarifying what I have been trying to explain. We only have two more contracts until the limit, why in the world would we make a pointless signing such as this one and "send him down if it doesn't work out" as you said? Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Last edited by JohnLennon: 10-10-2011 at 10:55 PM.
JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 10:31 PM
Beakermania*

Habs have used 48 contracts out of the 50 man limit.

Signing Wingers for the 4th line (we have plenty of them in Moen, Darche, and White when healthy) along with a ton in the minors. Doesn't see to be a good use of one of your last spots.

A centre like John Madden, I could get behind, but there isn't much point to Chris Clark

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 05:57 PM
habspinner

I thought Clark signed in Beantown - or did he just tryout??

habspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 06:03 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by habspinner View Post
I thought Clark signed in Beantown - or did he just tryout??
Pro try out. Was not signed.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 02:20 AM
Mr. Hab

Get John Madden for the 4th line (give more AHL experience to Engqvist...he'll be there in case of injuries).

Get Bryan McCabe for our PP and depth (really hated him as a Leaf but he always scared me when he was on PP). Can McCabe also play on the right side?

Gill-Subban
McCabe-Gorges
Emelin/Diaz-Weber
Spacek
Campoli
Markov (will he be back in 2012? 2013? or 2014?)

4th line:
Desharnais/Moen-Eller-A.Kosts
Moen-Madden-White/Darche
Engqvist

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 10-12-2011 at 02:27 AM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 07:33 AM
Aeneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
Eller's return will help. Especially if he improves on the faceoff, although coming off shoulder surgery, he likely won't help a lot in the faceoff circle right away. Then again he can't do much worse than DD so far.
Wasn't DD practicing wing during the summer? he should have centre experience and be better than that but maybe its a factor if he wasn't working on it

also if we signed clark and moved white to centre id have no problem with that, white was ripping up face-offs in hamilton when he came back during the playoffs

Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 07:38 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
Habs have used 48 contracts out of the 50 man limit.

Signing Wingers for the 4th line (we have plenty of them in Moen, Darche, and White when healthy) along with a ton in the minors. Doesn't see to be a good use of one of your last spots.

A centre like John Madden, I could get behind, but there isn't much point to Chris Clark
I agree on Clark.

I wouldn't mind Madden, but does he have anything left? I don't even think he got a FA invite to a camp so if 29 other teams are not interested there must be an issue somewhere. I know he had knee issues and taht slowed him down. Betts being healthy would have been a good fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamiltonhabfan10 View Post
Wasn't DD practicing wing during the summer? he should have centre experience and be better than that but maybe its a factor if he wasn't working on it

also if we signed clark and moved white to centre id have no problem with that, white was ripping up face-offs in hamilton when he came back during the playoffs
I think their plan(front office/coaches) is to play DD on the wing, there is less defensive responsibility there, which is his big weakness at his size. I think having guys like White and Moen ideally you'd want a good center for faceoffs so you can use them in defensive zone draws instead of always Plekanec(we need him in offensive roles) and also on the PK.

Last edited by Habsfan18: 10-12-2011 at 08:53 AM. Reason: merged
Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 12:11 PM
Nails Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I think their plan(front office/coaches) is to play DD on the wing, there is less defensive responsibility there, which is his big weakness at his size. I think having guys like White and Moen ideally you'd want a good center for faceoffs so you can use them in defensive zone draws instead of always Plekanec(we need him in offensive roles) and also on the PK.
Agreed here. I'd like to see Plek get some of the weight taken off his shoulders. He slowed down offensively in the second half last year and I think it was in part due to the taxing minutes he player throughout the year. He is definitely our best offensive and defensive center but it would be nice to have him a little fresher come the end of the game, and more long term, the second half of the season.

That said, I'm not sold on Madden. I'd be looking for a player who plays exactly the role he has typically played, but someone younger and faster. I think he's done at this point. Considering the options, I don't really think it's in the cards this year.

Good point above on the contract limit as well. Better to save for a need, especially with the defense corps in the shape that it's in. Does the 50 man limit refer to players currently under contract? I.e. - if someone gets bought out they no longer occupy a spot amongst the 50?

Nails Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 12:20 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nails Jenkins View Post
Agreed here. I'd like to see Plek get some of the weight taken off his shoulders. He slowed down offensively in the second half last year and I think it was in part due to the taxing minutes he player throughout the year. He is definitely our best offensive and defensive center but it would be nice to have him a little fresher come the end of the game, and more long term, the second half of the season.

That said, I'm not sold on Madden. I'd be looking for a player who plays exactly the role he has typically played, but someone younger and faster. I think he's done at this point. Considering the options, I don't really think it's in the cards this year.

Good point above on the contract limit as well. Better to save for a need, especially with the defense corps in the shape that it's in. Does the 50 man limit refer to players currently under contract? I.e. - if someone gets bought out they no longer occupy a spot amongst the 50?
You can't buy a player out in midseason, so its a moot point.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote