HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers can't wait for 'normal life'

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-12-2011, 01:06 PM
  #76
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist
 
Riche16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strauss View Post
All of you can have your opinions, but Euro trip or no Euro trip, the Rangers continued the poor things that have done since the lockout: poor quality shots, bad PP, and over relying on Henrik.

These problems aren't new. If they lost both games by scores of 5-4 or 6-4 or something along those lines, and they were making headway offensively as well as having a productive power play, I would chalk up the loss to lack of rest; however, they showed no improvement thus far.
Those scores would only show an improvement offensively while taking a giant step back defensively. I want more offense too, trust me. But having Hank get lit up with a 5.5 GAA isn't how I'd want to start the season AT ALL. It would mean our D is terrible and Hank was looking less than stellar.

I'll take the 2 pts, the Hank 1.5 GAA (without Staal) and the theory that they need time to gel offensively and hope for a better showing as time goes on.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 01:10 PM
  #77
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 16,720
vCash: 500
I don't understand why certain people here are making things up. Torts is using the trip as an excuse? Where are you getting that from? All he said was he is glad its OVER. It didnt say "We played bad because of this trip". Then other Tort bashers come in and think he said that and put him down over false statements.

The trip was a disaster, the traveled like animals for a full week before the season started and they had no practice time. Is that ideal? NO. You have other teams who came to Europe practicing in NA and playing against other NHL teams on NHL sized rinks. Did we do that? Nope. They flew over a day or two because their games.

The preseason trip should have never happened and we were handicapped from the start.

All Richards and Torts is saying is that now they can practice finally, and prepare the right way to their next game.

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 01:50 PM
  #78
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller
 
vipernsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 6,517
vCash: 566
In September of 1993 the Rangers opened the season against Toronto by playing two games back to back in London England. After winning both games the Rangers flew back to the states to go on to having one of their most successful seasons ever and winning the Stanley Cup. LGR!!!!!!!

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 03:08 PM
  #79
Jabroni
The People's Champ
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,560
vCash: 500
Thanks, but I'm not sure how that helps...

We lost both games.

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 04:05 PM
  #80
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 33,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyStart View Post
More importantly I caught you on a bad week. otherwise maybe you wouldn't have been so rage mode if I had caught you on a good day. I definitely am not saying they played good though they did look really out of synch and bad BUT I'm also just happy we came away with those points against pretty darn good teams and we were in a unique situation. Still I'm not saying be of good cheer or anything I just didn't like the complete dismissal of the uniqueness of our trip there because Ola and several others had done it.

We could debate how much of an effect it had (it definitely had an effect though). Everything else the fact that they played like pure ass and shoulda have won both I totally 100% agree it's frustrating. I would be severely annoyed and disspointed if the team looks like this for a lengthy amount of time. But for this first week or so I chalk it up to the fact that management did an awful job for its players which is not a first with this organization.
Fair enough. Oh and one more thing, don't take it personally if I yell at you. I'm just mad at the Rangers.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 10:40 PM
  #81
Cake or Death
.
 
Cake or Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,081
vCash: 500
Good Lord, I wish my job paid me millions and sent me to 4 countries in 5 days. Seriously though, if you're a hockey player, and you aren't pumped before the game - whether you're playing at home or on the moon - that's on you. Why is it that guys like Callahan and Lundqvist manage to be ready regardless? Because you can put guys like that on mud after a 16 hour flight, and they'll still try and play their tails off.

Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 10:56 PM
  #82
stan the caddy
Registered User
 
stan the caddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
In September of 1993 the Rangers opened the season against Toronto by playing two games back to back in London England. After winning both games the Rangers flew back to the states to go on to having one of their most successful seasons ever and winning the Stanley Cup. LGR!!!!!!!
Throw in the last three Stanley Cup Champion teams. Hopefully the Rangers have a great season because they're never going to give up on this excuse.

stan the caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 11:49 PM
  #83
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!
 
Florida Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa, FLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1983 View Post
I don't understand why certain people here are making things up. Torts is using the trip as an excuse? Where are you getting that from? All he said was he is glad its OVER. It didnt say "We played bad because of this trip". Then other Tort bashers come in and think he said that and put him down over false statements.

The trip was a disaster, the traveled like animals for a full week before the season started and they had no practice time. Is that ideal? NO. You have other teams who came to Europe practicing in NA and playing against other NHL teams on NHL sized rinks. Did we do that? Nope. They flew over a day or two because their games.

The preseason trip should have never happened and we were handicapped from the start.

All Richards and Torts is saying is that now they can practice finally, and prepare the right way to their next game.
Yes.

Thank you.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 11:39 AM
  #84
JimmyStart*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laces out Dan View Post
Good Lord, I wish my job paid me millions and sent me to 4 countries in 5 days. Seriously though, if you're a hockey player, and you aren't pumped before the game - whether you're playing at home or on the moon - that's on you. Why is it that guys like Callahan and Lundqvist manage to be ready regardless? Because you can put guys like that on mud after a 16 hour flight, and they'll still try and play their tails off.
Being pumped doesn't make up for missing a bunch of practices especially when one of your most important pieces is brand new and trying tod evelop chemistry...it also doesn't help overomce the loss of Staal...and don't discount the other team has to get pumped too...Hank is a possible HOF and the best at his position in the world. Cally is one of the most reknowned and respected workers in all of hockey. So you expect all players to be like the absolute best players? kind of a little unrealistic.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 05:11 PM
  #85
egelband
Registered User
 
egelband's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: north finchley
Country: United States
Posts: 1,922
vCash: 500
i assume this has been mentioned, but, what's with the first seven games being on the road?! a bit ****, if you ask me.

egelband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 05:56 PM
  #86
Jim Morrison
Registered User
 
Jim Morrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1983 View Post
I don't understand why certain people here are making things up. Torts is using the trip as an excuse? Where are you getting that from? All he said was he is glad its OVER. It didnt say "We played bad because of this trip". Then other Tort bashers come in and think he said that and put him down over false statements.

The trip was a disaster, the traveled like animals for a full week before the season started and they had no practice time. Is that ideal? NO. You have other teams who came to Europe practicing in NA and playing against other NHL teams on NHL sized rinks. Did we do that? Nope. They flew over a day or two because their games.

The preseason trip should have never happened and we were handicapped from the start.

All Richards and Torts is saying is that now they can practice finally, and prepare the right way to their next game.
It IS excuses. Do you think he'd be singing the same tune if the Rangers won both games?

Jim Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 06:05 PM
  #87
Tawnos
Moderator
BoH Mod Only
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 11,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by egelband View Post
i assume this has been mentioned, but, what's with the first seven games being on the road?! a bit ****, if you ask me.
MSG Renovations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post
It IS excuses. Do you think he'd be singing the same tune if the Rangers won both games?
If we won both games, he probably wouldn't have been asked the same questions about the trip. I bet he still would have said he's glad it's over if asked.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 07:53 AM
  #88
JimmyStart*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post
It IS excuses. Do you think he'd be singing the same tune if the Rangers won both games?
Yea I do. Are you honestly implying this trip wasn't hard? C'mon now before the season even started people were talking about this trip and the players and Torts were trying to minimize it mentally b/c they knew it'd take a physical, mental and emotional toll. If they'd won they;'d still be saying "Thank God it's over"

When I played in high school and we had a 1 hour bus drive those are nightmarish and you hate them and they take a lot out of you. Then you gotta basiucally get off the bus and play with no prep time. It sucks. And when you win anyway you look back and say "God that was a ***** I';m glad that's over." So i know they'd still be saying it because I've been a part of teams that traveled and WE said it. I've also seen other pro teams do it and win in tough situations but still be glad it was over afterwards.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.