HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

EC to Dallas

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-12-2011, 05:41 AM
  #1
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,650
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
EC to Dallas

Dallas needs to add a wee bit of salary to get above the capfloor with Pardy coming off the IR.
How about Eric Christensen (NYR - cap hit at 925.000) for a 3rd/4th rounder or a mid level prospect.
He is a good spare/3rd line C (all wings too) and quite good at shootouts...
If that would be a deal & Vincour & Larsen both get sent down // which is probable// - I believe the Stars just barely rise above the floor of $48 M (see below - btw The Stars are not in their correct positions but the Capgeek numbers ARE CORRECT):

FORWARDS
Mike Ribeiro ($5.000m) / Loui Eriksson ($4.250m) / Brenden Morrow ($4.100m)
Michael Ryder ($3.500m) / Steve Ott ($2.950m) / Vernon Fiddler ($1.800m)
Adam Burish ($1.150m) / Jamie Benn ($0.821m) / Tom Wandell ($0.775m)
Krys Barch ($0.837m) / Jake Dowell ($0.800m) / Toby Peterson ($0.775m)
Radek Dvorak ($1.500m) / Eric Christensen ($0.925m)

DEFENSEMEN
Stephane Robidas ($3.300m) / Trevor Daley ($3.300m)
Adam Pardy ($2.000m) / Alex Goligoski ($1.833m)
Niklas Grossman ($1.625m) / Sheldon Souray ($1.650m)
Mark Fistric ($1.000m)

GOALTENDERS
Kari Lehtonen ($3.550m) / Andrew Raycroft ($0.650m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $48,092,500; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $16,207,500

If we were to do this - we can call up one of Newbury/Mitchell (not waiver exempt though - but doubtful they will be claimed) or Hagelin/Bourque when we need to. Or maybe Avery... once Staal is back and another defender is sent down (Erixon? as they do not want to ride him on the NYR bench)...
I think we should try to get something for him (EC) while we can and not have him wither away for nothing kinda like we did lately with assets such as Zherdev (Tyutin), Lisin (Korpedo), Weise (4th rounder 2008)... to name a few...
A 3rd/4th rounder may or not be worth what he contribute right now (needs to score on the shootouts if he has any use on the team imo - he blew his chance in Stockholm imo), but I think it is a good opportunity to manage assets and get something for the guy...

You decide -
  1. Is this a good move or not?
  2. Would Dallas do it?
  3. Does it help/hurt us?

BBKers is offline  
Old
10-12-2011, 06:40 AM
  #2
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Dallas needs to add a wee bit of salary to get above the capfloor with Pardy coming off the IR.
How about Eric Christensen (NYR - cap hit at 925.000) for a 3rd/4th rounder or a mid level prospect.
He is a good spare/3rd line C (all wings too) and quite good at shootouts...
If that would be a deal & Vincour & Larsen both get sent down // which is probable// - I believe the Stars just barely rise above the floor of $48 M (see below - btw The Stars are not in their correct positions but the Capgeek numbers ARE CORRECT):

FORWARDS
Mike Ribeiro ($5.000m) / Loui Eriksson ($4.250m) / Brenden Morrow ($4.100m)
Michael Ryder ($3.500m) / Steve Ott ($2.950m) / Vernon Fiddler ($1.800m)
Adam Burish ($1.150m) / Jamie Benn ($0.821m) / Tom Wandell ($0.775m)
Krys Barch ($0.837m) / Jake Dowell ($0.800m) / Toby Peterson ($0.775m)
Radek Dvorak ($1.500m) / Eric Christensen ($0.925m)

DEFENSEMEN
Stephane Robidas ($3.300m) / Trevor Daley ($3.300m)
Adam Pardy ($2.000m) / Alex Goligoski ($1.833m)
Niklas Grossman ($1.625m) / Sheldon Souray ($1.650m)
Mark Fistric ($1.000m)

GOALTENDERS
Kari Lehtonen ($3.550m) / Andrew Raycroft ($0.650m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $48,092,500; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $16,207,500

If we were to do this - we can call up one of Newbury/Mitchell (not waiver exempt though - but doubtful they will be claimed) or Hagelin/Bourque when we need to. Or maybe Avery... once Staal is back and another defender is sent down (Erixon? as they do not want to ride him on the NYR bench)...
I think we should try to get something for him (EC) while we can and not have him wither away for nothing kinda like we did lately with assets such as Zherdev (Tyutin), Lisin (Korpedo), Weise (4th rounder 2008)... to name a few...
A 3rd/4th rounder may or not be worth what he contribute right now (needs to score on the shootouts if he has any use on the team imo - he blew his chance in Stockholm imo), but I think it is a good opportunity to manage assets and get something for the guy...

You decide -
  1. Is this a good move or not?
  2. Would Dallas do it?
  3. Does it help/hurt us?
id rather do something like Wolski for Grossman or Fristic. Rangers can use another dman.. Dallas has a few and no to Souray

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
10-12-2011, 06:57 AM
  #3
EuroFlair
Nash 40g in 2014-15
 
EuroFlair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: west coast
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,024
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
id rather do something like Wolski for Grossman or Fristic. Rangers can use another dman.. Dallas has a few and no to Souray
Since he is playing bottom six minutes, why not do that and call up Avery?

I would take a 3rd for EC aswell.

EuroFlair is offline  
Old
10-12-2011, 07:20 AM
  #4
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey
 
Hellion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 4,925
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarSv View Post
Since he is playing bottom six minutes, why not do that and call up Avery?

I would take a 3rd for EC aswell.
It seems Avery now has some kind of injury to his shoulder.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...uOebHZDkJKEHMM

Hellion is offline  
Old
10-12-2011, 08:02 AM
  #5
Ke11y96
Registered User
 
Ke11y96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 468
vCash: 500
I'd rather we offer them any of the following for Loui Eriksson

Wolski, Christensen, Hagelin, Thomas, Del Zotto, Yogan, Draft Picks,

I'd rather wait and not offer Kreider, Miller, or McIlrath...but I would love Loui Eriksson on this squad!

Ke11y96 is offline  
Old
10-12-2011, 08:55 AM
  #6
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,169
vCash: 500
I would trade either Wolski or Christensen to Dallas or ANYONE for that matter. But it won't happen.

Wolski for Oleksiak?

Oleksiak-McIlrath


NYR Viper is offline  
Old
10-12-2011, 08:59 AM
  #7
CM PUNK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,274
vCash: 500
cap floor is $48.3 mil...your deal has them just as much under the floor as they would be without it since EC's salary just offsets the salary of the guy sent down to make room for him.

CM PUNK is offline  
Old
10-12-2011, 09:24 AM
  #8
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,650
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
cap floor is $48.3 mil...your deal has them just as much under the floor as they would be without it since EC's salary just offsets the salary of the guy sent down to make room for him.
Red text. You are entirely correct. Saw somewhere that the cap floor minimum hit was at 48 M - not 48,3 - which is the correct number btw. So this deal does not save as much cap space which is needed to get Dallas over the cap floor Kinda makes the idea moot

Blue text - not really true. Christensen carries a cap hit of $925 k. Vincour carries a hit of $800 k (adding $125 k). Larsen is at $850k (adding $75 k). But you are correct that it is not enough. Dallas needs to add Christs salary plus an additional $207.500k to reach the cap floor - ie they need a player costing a cap hit of at least $1.137.500 to reach the cap floor (replacing aforementioned players).

Wade Redden anyone?

BBKers is offline  
Old
10-12-2011, 10:33 AM
  #9
nyrleetch
Registered User
 
nyrleetch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,034
vCash: 500
I'd trade him for a 15th round pick.

nyrleetch is offline  
Old
10-12-2011, 10:44 AM
  #10
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Christensen in a package to Toronto for Franson would be more ideal.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline  
Old
10-12-2011, 10:46 AM
  #11
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,916
vCash: 50
Who are we replacing Christensen with as the 13th forward?

Fitzy is offline  
Old
10-12-2011, 10:57 AM
  #12
MAYO
Registered User
 
MAYO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MONTREAL
Country: Canada
Posts: 383
vCash: 500
I'm sorry, am I the only one seeing the irony if this deal was to go through?!?!?

MAYO is offline  
Old
10-12-2011, 11:03 AM
  #13
Melrose_Jr.
Registered User
 
Melrose_Jr.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Providence, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 10,692
vCash: 500
They've got 178 more days to reach the cap floor.

Melrose_Jr. is offline  
Old
10-12-2011, 11:06 AM
  #14
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post
Who are we replacing Christensen with as the 13th forward?
Mitchell or Newbury.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
10-12-2011, 11:09 AM
  #15
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
Honestly, I have no interest in trading EC for a low pick or marginal prospect anymore. He will never bring back a return, on his own, that is likely to be even as good a player as he became and he's a cheap 13th forward with skill that we have in case we see injuries to the top six (and we most likely will). The small amount of cap space we gain by moving him is only worth something to me if we have active plans to use it and need all the cap space possible. Otherwise, I'd rather just hold on to EC and have him in case we (gasp) need him rather than add a 4th/5th round pick to the cupboard.

SERE 24 is offline  
Old
10-12-2011, 11:47 AM
  #16
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post
Who are we replacing Christensen with as the 13th forward?
Mitchell or Newbury as mentioned above, id assume. Both could provide some grit and energy to the bottom six if/when needed.

Id really like to acquire a guy like Franson. Franson looks like he was solid for Nashville in a defensive system. Playing a nice role 15+ minutes. Providing 25+ points and a solid +/-.

Don't know why a guy with so much potential is being buried in Toronto as #7. But hes not happy there and we could absolutely afford him a solid amount of minutes here.

Christensen +

SupersonicMonkey* is offline  
Old
10-12-2011, 02:06 PM
  #17
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller
 
vipernsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 6,498
vCash: 566
I don't think EC has enough cap hit as they would still be too close to the floor and they need more wiggle room. The number being talked about is adding about 1.3m.

vipernsx is offline  
Old
10-12-2011, 02:16 PM
  #18
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,650
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
I don't think EC has enough cap hit as they would still be too close to the floor and they need more wiggle room. The number being talked about is adding about 1.3m.
Correct. $1.137.500 to reach the cap floor. Christ hit is $925.000... my bad...

BBKers is offline  
Old
10-12-2011, 02:49 PM
  #19
Giacomin
Registered User
 
Giacomin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,733
vCash: 500
I think we should just keep E.C. That goal he scored against the Caps in the playoffs decided it for me. Keep Him!

Giacomin is offline  
Old
10-12-2011, 03:18 PM
  #20
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,650
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Nyström just traded from The Wild to Dallas. Kills this tread. Bury it Mods!

BBKers is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.