vCash: 1425
Meh...

DaStars99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 06:34 PM
Bench
Realgud!

vCash: 500
This deal blows, because he's signed through next year.

1.4 per year is the biggest waste of real cash on this AHL bound bust.

Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 10:11 PM
ScubaSteve*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsdude View Post
ridiculous pick-up-total spare was not even wanted on reentry-now Vincour sits and waits -yeah lets has played lights out but this team is weak-I really don't post anymore because it is clear this team is biding time and trying to fool fans. The Texas Rangers used the opportunity to rebuild and are a force. Not the Stars. they keep Richards at the deadline, keep Robidas. They refuse to get younger and bring in guys like Pardy a 6/7 d-man at 2 million who probably would have given his right nut for a one way deal much less 2 years at 2 million. Now, Nystrom on a 2 year deal. Look this is an NHL team that has Petersen, Barch, Nystrom, Raycroft. All are AHL fodder and are basically garbage.

On top of that, their prospect pool lacks top end talent especially at center. Hopefully, they are all out at the deadline but judging by the 6000 fans that showed up , they are out now, at least in the eyes of Dallas fans.

They should look into trading Morrow to Toronto and Robidas to EDM but no. Instead, we play a game pretending this team is a playoff team. A fast start is the worst possible outcome but I have come to expect the worst from Newy.

Hopefully, we get a new owner who sacks Newy and his ECHL coach until then we only make the inevitable rebuild more difficult by pretending we don't suck.
Careful, amigo. People around here go ballistic if you so much as imply that the Stars aren't a guaranteed cup winner.

ScubaSteve* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 11:06 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

vCash: 2111
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaSteve View Post
Careful, amigo. People around here go ballistic if you so much as imply that the Stars aren't a guaranteed cup winner.
Guaranteed cup winner we are not... team that SHOULD at least compete for a playoff spot... probably are. Bottom feeder? Not yet...

Frozen Failure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 11:11 PM
Brand New Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaSteve View Post
No, only when you have nothing good to say about the team including you don't think Benn is anything special so you'd trade him.

Brand New Stars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 11:12 PM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Can Starsdude and Scubasteve have their love child and get it over with already? Do either of you ever read a book, watch a film, go to a museum or....anything and actually like it? I will say this about Scuba, at least you have an apt avatar.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 11:31 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
I think he was being sarcastic...

Two of the four players you listed as AHL fodder won't see more than 20 games this year, and limited time then. Next year, one will be gone, and I'm not sure any of them will see decent playing time up in Dallas.

There's no need to blow up the team. We've got a decent team as is, just missing one piece.

The more I think about it, the more and more I like the Parise idea. I'd say Suter or Weber would be better to go after (I have a feeling one will be gone, especially if they resign Rinne), but I think with the kind of guys we've got developing on the blue line, we're good there.

Tell me this roster can't compete:

Parise - Benn - Eriksson
Morrow - Ribeiro - Ryder
Ott - Fiddler - Vincour
Burish - Wandell - Nystrom/Dvorak (I'd like to see him back for one more year)

Goligoski - Grossman
Souray - Pardy
Robidas/Larsen - Daley
Robidas/Larsen (If Robidas doesn't improve, I'm not even sure he's got a spot next year. Larsen could very well take him out offensively)

Lehtonen
Bachman

I know everyone's figured this out, just wanted to see it for myself and help prove a point. If that team can't make the playoffs, then we really are in a bad spot.

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 11:56 PM
Ambassador Of Fun

vCash: 50
I want to make some sort of ridiculous bet that we don't have any one of Suter, Weber, or Parise on our roster next year.

Ambassador Of Fun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 12:23 AM
Bench
Realgud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
The more I think about it, the more and more I like the Parise idea.
Sure. If you add one or two of the best players in the league, this team is better. But couldn't you say that about any team? And what happens if one of the current Cup challengers adds one of those players?

I'm not dumping on Dallas here, but to say "add Parise and this team looks great" is true of 29 other teams as well.

Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 12:32 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Yea. I think it's more of a pipe dream. But it's not 100% out of the question yet.

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 12:34 AM
Brand New Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bench View Post
Sure. If you add one or two of the best players in the league, this team is better. But couldn't you say that about any team? And what happens if one of the current Cup challengers adds one of those players?

I'm not dumping on Dallas here, but to say "add Parise and this team looks great" is true of 29 other teams as well.
Obviously a player like Parise would improve every single team in the NHL, but wouldn't adding a player like that to a mediocre team like Dallas probably improve them more than adding him to a team like Vancouver?

The odds of Parise coming here are ridiculously slim but his style of play could potentially change the culture of this team in a big way considering the effort isn't always there for this team.

Old
10-13-2011, 07:40 AM
MB94
@MBFarina94

I think whoever is our owner by the time 2012 FA comes around, he might go out and let Nieuwy spend a lot of money to make the team a contender again. And if Parise, Weber, Sutter or other superstars are available when it's free agency day, I think Nieuwy will make a run at signing a big name player.

MB94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 07:54 AM
Starsdude

Why would those guys come here? Lets just extend Barch and Petersen given they are great team guys. Teams create chemistry. Yeah, a bunch of 4 th liners are good team guys because if not they are gone. They are what they are though. As for Nystrom, could you not have taken him on recall, dump Barch and then given Bernier who is younger and better whatever you need to get to the minimum, at the least dump a contract. Lets has been great no doubt but the Gogo trade was an overpay especially if he does not resign. The drafts have been weak at best. This chronic defense of this team is ridiculous.

Last edited by Starsdude: 10-13-2011 at 10:19 AM.
Starsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 11:29 AM
Eskimo Spy
Where's Bench?

This is a meaningless signing. The new owner still isn't in place, very few people are going to games, and they just had to sign a spare part just to meet the frigging cap FLOOR.

The defense is still bad, and the team overall is a collection of mismatched parts. Anyone who thinks this team is doing anything this year is just a hopeful optimist. The Stars will miss the playoffs again this year.

Eskimo Spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 12:12 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

vCash: 746
Quote:
Why would those guys come here? Lets just extend Barch and Petersen given they are great team guys. Teams create chemistry. Yeah, a bunch of 4 th liners are good team guys because if not they are gone. They are what they are though. As for Nystrom, could you not have taken him on recall, dump Barch and then given Bernier who is younger and better whatever you need to get to the minimum, at the least dump a contract. Lets has been great no doubt but the Gogo trade was an overpay especially if he does not resign. The drafts have been weak at best. This chronic defense of this team is ridiculous.
Bernier is horrible and your proposal would have the Stars on the hook for more salary, which wasn't going to happen this close to the owner switch.

MetalGodAOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 12:14 PM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
Lets has been great no doubt but the Gogo trade was an overpay especially if he does not resign.
He's an RFA. Stop being a drama queen.

Quote:
The drafts have been weak at best.
How would you know? I highly doubt you've laid eyes on a single recently drafted player in person.

Old
10-13-2011, 12:29 PM
Starsdude

My bad, this is the model fricken franchise of the NHL.

Starsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 12:35 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

vCash: 746
Quote:
I like how you spew out insults but when someone challenges you all you can do is spit out hyperbole. No one's saying anything close to that, listen to god damn facts you tard.

MetalGodAOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 12:35 PM
aisforaaron83

vCash: 1075
Quote:
it is funny how fringe you are. Simply because anyone disagrees with you does not mean that they stand for the farthest possible point from your stance. You seem to get pissed if someone disagrees as well. relax. everyone has differing opinions.

eat a cinnabon. everyone is happy when they have a cinnabon.

aisforaaron83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 12:37 PM
aisforaaron83

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnholyPrince View Post
I like how you spew out insults but when someone challenges you all you can do is spit out hyperbole. No one's saying anything close to that, listen to god damn facts you tard.
dont sink to the level of trolls. not worth it.

Old
10-13-2011, 12:39 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

vCash: 2111
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Quote:
Originally Posted by aisforaaron83 View Post
dont sink to the level of trolls. not worth it.
Yeah that's my job apparently.

Frozen Failure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 12:52 PM
aisforaaron83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Failure View Post
Yeah that's my job apparently.

haha, good luck.

Old
10-13-2011, 04:53 PM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
Is that really how you're going to answer my assertion?

I think piqued put it best some time ago... the woodwork, go back to it.

Old
10-13-2011, 05:11 PM
Brand New Stars

It's just backing away from his stance when he does something like that. I think that says a lot about someone.

Old
10-13-2011, 09:43 PM
ginblossoms

Send a message via ICQ to ginblossoms
razor just said the stars basically had their choice from many players across the league... and nystrom is who they end up with? he has 2 extra years on his deal (through 2013/14)!

ginblossoms is offline   Reply With Quote