HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hockey Talk Shows Le Match/Anti-Chambre, etc...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-08-2011, 09:12 AM
  #151
Bryson
Registered User
 
Bryson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post
AC and TVA Sports are targeting the mass and specifically designed to stir controversy. They are not trying to appease the cerebral hockey fan. It's entertainment pure and simple and all about generating ratings.

La Zone attempted to be a more intelligent show with Gagnon and Dube and had terrible ratings.
You say attempted as in past tense. Did something change? I will try and watch it next time and see how it compares to AC. Are there any past episodes online that we are able to watch?

It's well known that Dube is one of the best analysts in the french media. I think and unfairly, that the ratings of AC are directly influenced by the fact that it comes on right after a hockey game and not because of the quality of the show. If La Zone came on after the game I'm sure it's ratings would be a lot higher too and I'm sure habs fans would be tons the smarter for it too.

Bryson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 03:21 PM
  #152
Habnot
 
Habnot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,515
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
You say attempted as in past tense. Did something change? I will try and watch it next time and see how it compares to AC. Are there any past episodes online that we are able to watch?

It's well known that Dube is one of the best analysts in the french media. I think and unfairly, that the ratings of AC are directly influenced by the fact that it comes on right after a hockey game and not because of the quality of the show. If La Zone came on after the game I'm sure it's ratings would be a lot higher too and I'm sure habs fans would be tons the smarter for it too.
La Zone was on SRC and was cancelled two years ago.

Habnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 11:46 AM
  #153
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,817
vCash: 500
La Zone did not stop because of the ratings, it stopped because Michel Villeneuve was leaving because of family matters and they chose to not replace him. SRC is the french CBC, ratings doesn't always matter.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 09:44 PM
  #154
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,684
vCash: 500
I just switched to Le Match for a second...
What the heck is going on..Brisebois and Morrissette almost crying. What is this crap?

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 09:47 PM
  #155
Clumsyhab
Registered User
 
Clumsyhab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 6,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I just switched to Le Match for a second...
What the heck is going on..Brisebois and Morrissette almost crying. What is this crap?
Worst day in Habs history part II.

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 09:47 PM
  #156
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I just switched to Le Match for a second...
What the heck is going on..Brisebois and Morrissette almost crying. What is this crap?
There were talking about the fans booing on one particular player, how it hurts the player and his family and Brisebois got emotional about it.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 09:50 PM
  #157
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
There were talking about the fans booing on one particular player, how it hurts the player and his family and Brisebois got emotional about it.
And Morrissette felt the need to follow the sissy footstep?

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 10:02 PM
  #158
triplecitizen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 128
vCash: 500
Brisebois is the man.

triplecitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 10:03 PM
  #159
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KFlint View Post
The entire Molson Ex zone I'd say

People might think he's a sissy but you got to admit it takes courage to open up like this on tv, especially on a hockey show.
Not really.
Don't get me wrong, I think booing any home player is simply stupid. I don't think fans should do it, and believe no good comes out of it.
That being said, crying about it when you made millions is really weak. If life is getting too tough for you in a city where you get booed, then ask to be traded. Don't cry yourself to sleep.

There are people that are dying because they can't find a piece of bread or water, others that live in war zones, and then you have a millionaire crying because his ego got hurt.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 10:05 PM
  #160
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,817
vCash: 500
One of the most pathetic display I've ever seen. It felt like watching The Bold & The Beautiful during Le Match. I can't wait till TVA Sports goes off the air.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 10:08 PM
  #161
uiCk
GrEmelins
 
uiCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,349
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Not really.
Don't get me wrong, I think booing any home player is simply stupid. I don't think fans should do it, and believe no good comes out of it.
That being said, crying about it when you made millions is really weak. If life is getting too tough for you in a city where you get booed, then ask to be traded. Don't cry yourself to sleep.

There are people that are dying because they can't find a piece of bread or water, others that live in war zones, and then you have a millionaire crying because his ego got hurt.
Depression is a serious issue, standard of living does not prevent depressions. Depressions are also emotionally linked; so i would understand if breezer had great emotional attachment to the city and the game, how much it hurts not to be recognized for it and to be publicly lynched by the people you played for all these years. He might be a bit naive, but you cant blame someone for their level of sensitivity.

uiCk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 10:08 PM
  #162
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Not really.
Don't get me wrong, I think booing any home player is simply stupid. I don't think fans should do it, and believe no good comes out of it.
That being said, crying about it when you made millions is really weak. If life is getting too tough for you in a city where you get booed, then ask to be traded. Don't cry yourself to sleep.

There are people that are dying because they can't find a piece of bread or water, others that live in war zones, and then you have a millionaire crying because his ego got hurt.
What does money/salary have to do anything about it? Its a guy that goes to work and gets booed by 20 000 people. I doubt any of us can live what he has to live back then so I don't think its fair to say that if you make millions, you should always be happy.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 10:09 PM
  #163
Forsead
Registered User
 
Forsead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Québec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Not really.
Don't get me wrong, I think booing any home player is simply stupid. I don't think fans should do it, and believe no good comes out of it.
That being said, crying about it when you made millions is really weak. If life is getting too tough for you in a city where you get booed, then ask to be traded. Don't cry yourself to sleep.

There are people that are dying because they can't find a piece of bread or water, others that live in war zones, and then you have a millionaire crying because his ego got hurt.
With the same logic we should never cry ever.

One of your parents die(I hope it's not true btw) so what ? you're a spoiled brat with education and some people loose them by torture, you should'nt cry about that.

Pretty sure getting booed can be difficult and a depression is never funny.

Oh and also some people wonder why some quebecers don't want to play to montreal...we had one that was good, loyal that loved the city, their fans and was proud to wear the jersey and we kicked his ass far from the city...

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 08:56 AM
  #164
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
With the same logic we should never cry ever.

One of your parents die(I hope it's not true btw) so what ? you're a spoiled brat with education and some people loose them by torture, you should'nt cry about that.

Pretty sure getting booed can be difficult and a depression is never funny.

Oh and also some people wonder why some quebecers don't want to play to montreal...we had one that was good, loyal that loved the city, their fans and was proud to wear the jersey and we kicked his ass far from the city...
Never said that. Everybody can be sad, and I think losing a loved one is a much more serious matter.
What I find pathetic is crying on TV about it like 10 years later.

Roy was treated a lot worse imo, and I doubt he will ever go on Le Match and cry about what happened to him.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 09:02 AM
  #165
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
What does money/salary have to do anything about it? Its a guy that goes to work and gets booed by 20 000 people. I doubt any of us can live what he has to live back then so I don't think its fair to say that if you make millions, you should always be happy.
What does money have to do with it? Well, maybe at the end of your tough day, you can look at the positives in your life and realize that you have a lot of good things going your way.
But even if Breezer wants to be depressed, it's okay. I am not denying that it must be tough to get booed. I have a problem with him crying on tv about it 10 years later. And it's not like he is returning to Mtl for the first time since, the man came back to play here!! He was not booed again and finished his career here.
I did not buy his tears for a second, it seemed a lot more like self pity than anything else. It was very lame.


Last edited by Kriss E: 10-13-2011 at 09:45 AM.
Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 09:43 AM
  #166
deandebean
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Gatineau, câlisse
Country: uriname
Posts: 8,769
vCash: 500
TVA Sports lost me last night when I tuned in to see a show about teleguided cars...

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 09:51 AM
  #167
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,004
vCash: 500
Yeah I saw that Brisebois bit last night. He really took the booing a lot harder than I thought. I have to give the guy credit for letting it all out on TV like that last night.

Sounds like he REALLY appreciated what Gainey did for him too (calling out the boo-birds).

I thought what he was saying was genuine and I appreciated it. Makes you realize these guys really want to do well and the booing cuts deep.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:29 AM
  #168
HH
GO HABS GO!
 
HH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
TVA Sports lost me last night when I tuned in to see a show about teleguided cars...
lol. RDS did start with mini golf back in the days.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 11:41 AM
  #169
Habnot
 
Habnot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,515
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
lol. RDS did start with mini golf back in the days.
Hey - that Mini Putt show was great. Les Buists were stars and she was quite the cougar

Habnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 11:45 AM
  #170
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
What does money have to do with it? Well, maybe at the end of your tough day, you can look at the positives in your life and realize that you have a lot of good things going your way.
But even if Breezer wants to be depressed, it's okay. I am not denying that it must be tough to get booed. I have a problem with him crying on tv about it 10 years later. And it's not like he is returning to Mtl for the first time since, the man came back to play here!! He was not booed again and finished his career here.
I did not buy his tears for a second, it seemed a lot more like self pity than anything else. It was very lame.
You didn't even watch the show, how do you know it was really lame?

You're the kind of people that think being a millionaire, you can't cry, be sad or suffer depression because they have a bigger house, faster car than normal people?

He was defending Gomez, AK even Gonchar saying that it must be tough for them when the fans are booing them so it wasn't simply about him. He was getting very emotional about it, then he talk about him and his depression. How he needed to take pills and had no one on the locker room to talk to. Then JC Lajoie start reading encouragements from the fans on FB and twitter and that's when Brisebois started to cry.

H

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 12:20 PM
  #171
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
You didn't even watch the show, how do you know it was really lame?
Because it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
You're the kind of people that think being a millionaire, you can't cry, be sad or suffer depression because they have a bigger house, faster car than normal people?
No, millionaires can suffer depression. You can go through divorces, family feuds, etc..It's all very tough to handle.
If you hate your job, but have financial security, what will you do? I'm guessing you will quit and find a new one. Right? Are you going to cry about your colleagues being A-holes to you (say they were)? Maybe you will if you're a sensitive boy, which is what Brisebois made himself look like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
He was defending Gomez, AK even Gonchar saying that it must be tough for them when the fans are booing them so it wasn't simply about him. He was getting very emotional about it, then he talk about him and his depression. How he needed to take pills and had no one on the locker room to talk to. Then JC Lajoie start reading encouragements from the fans on FB and twitter and that's when Brisebois started to cry.

H
Fair enough, but I don't like to see a bunch of grown men cry when I tune into a show hoping to watch some hockey related analysis (no matter how bad it may be).
It was very awkward and weird. It was just bad, very very bad.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 12:22 PM
  #172
Dr_Hook
Registered User
 
Dr_Hook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post
Hey - that Mini Putt show was great. Les Buists were stars and she was quite the cougar
Right you are ! The Buists vs Bussières rivalry was the only one who ever came close to habs vs nordiques. Was must see tv every time !

" Par la porte d'en arrière.... BIRDIE !!!"

Dr_Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 09:29 PM
  #173
The Russian General
Go Habs Go
 
The Russian General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: MTL
Posts: 12,145
vCash: 500
Oh man Langdeau... how does this guy have a job...

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 09:34 PM
  #174
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
wrong thread

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 12:54 AM
  #175
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
Oh man Langdeau... how does this guy have a job...
Seriously..That was horrible.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.