HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hockey Talk Shows Le Match/Anti-Chambre, etc...

Old
10-08-2011, 09:12 AM
Bryson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post
AC and TVA Sports are targeting the mass and specifically designed to stir controversy. They are not trying to appease the cerebral hockey fan. It's entertainment pure and simple and all about generating ratings.

La Zone attempted to be a more intelligent show with Gagnon and Dube and had terrible ratings.
You say attempted as in past tense. Did something change? I will try and watch it next time and see how it compares to AC. Are there any past episodes online that we are able to watch?

It's well known that Dube is one of the best analysts in the french media. I think and unfairly, that the ratings of AC are directly influenced by the fact that it comes on right after a hockey game and not because of the quality of the show. If La Zone came on after the game I'm sure it's ratings would be a lot higher too and I'm sure habs fans would be tons the smarter for it too.

Bryson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 03:21 PM
Habnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
You say attempted as in past tense. Did something change? I will try and watch it next time and see how it compares to AC. Are there any past episodes online that we are able to watch?

It's well known that Dube is one of the best analysts in the french media. I think and unfairly, that the ratings of AC are directly influenced by the fact that it comes on right after a hockey game and not because of the quality of the show. If La Zone came on after the game I'm sure it's ratings would be a lot higher too and I'm sure habs fans would be tons the smarter for it too.
La Zone was on SRC and was cancelled two years ago.

Habnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 11:46 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

La Zone did not stop because of the ratings, it stopped because Michel Villeneuve was leaving because of family matters and they chose to not replace him. SRC is the french CBC, ratings doesn't always matter.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 09:44 PM
Kriss E

I just switched to Le Match for a second...
What the heck is going on..Brisebois and Morrissette almost crying. What is this crap?

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 09:47 PM
Clumsyhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
What the heck is going on..Brisebois and Morrissette almost crying. What is this crap?
Worst day in Habs history part II.

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 09:47 PM
Stradale

Quote:
There were talking about the fans booing on one particular player, how it hurts the player and his family and Brisebois got emotional about it.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 09:50 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
There were talking about the fans booing on one particular player, how it hurts the player and his family and Brisebois got emotional about it.
And Morrissette felt the need to follow the sissy footstep?

Old
10-12-2011, 10:02 PM
triplecitizen

Brisebois is the man.

triplecitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 10:03 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFlint View Post
The entire Molson Ex zone I'd say

People might think he's a sissy but you got to admit it takes courage to open up like this on tv, especially on a hockey show.
Not really.
Don't get me wrong, I think booing any home player is simply stupid. I don't think fans should do it, and believe no good comes out of it.
That being said, crying about it when you made millions is really weak. If life is getting too tough for you in a city where you get booed, then ask to be traded. Don't cry yourself to sleep.

There are people that are dying because they can't find a piece of bread or water, others that live in war zones, and then you have a millionaire crying because his ego got hurt.

Old
10-12-2011, 10:05 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

One of the most pathetic display I've ever seen. It felt like watching The Bold & The Beautiful during Le Match. I can't wait till TVA Sports goes off the air.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 10:08 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Not really.
Don't get me wrong, I think booing any home player is simply stupid. I don't think fans should do it, and believe no good comes out of it.
That being said, crying about it when you made millions is really weak. If life is getting too tough for you in a city where you get booed, then ask to be traded. Don't cry yourself to sleep.

There are people that are dying because they can't find a piece of bread or water, others that live in war zones, and then you have a millionaire crying because his ego got hurt.
Depression is a serious issue, standard of living does not prevent depressions. Depressions are also emotionally linked; so i would understand if breezer had great emotional attachment to the city and the game, how much it hurts not to be recognized for it and to be publicly lynched by the people you played for all these years. He might be a bit naive, but you cant blame someone for their level of sensitivity.

uiCk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 10:08 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Not really.

What does money/salary have to do anything about it? Its a guy that goes to work and gets booed by 20 000 people. I doubt any of us can live what he has to live back then so I don't think its fair to say that if you make millions, you should always be happy.

Old
10-12-2011, 10:09 PM
Forsead

Quote:
Not really.

With the same logic we should never cry ever.

One of your parents die(I hope it's not true btw) so what ? you're a spoiled brat with education and some people loose them by torture, you should'nt cry about that.

Pretty sure getting booed can be difficult and a depression is never funny.

Oh and also some people wonder why some quebecers don't want to play to montreal...we had one that was good, loyal that loved the city, their fans and was proud to wear the jersey and we kicked his ass far from the city...

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 08:56 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
With the same logic we should never cry ever.

One of your parents die(I hope it's not true btw) so what ? you're a spoiled brat with education and some people loose them by torture, you should'nt cry about that.

Pretty sure getting booed can be difficult and a depression is never funny.

Oh and also some people wonder why some quebecers don't want to play to montreal...we had one that was good, loyal that loved the city, their fans and was proud to wear the jersey and we kicked his ass far from the city...
Never said that. Everybody can be sad, and I think losing a loved one is a much more serious matter.
What I find pathetic is crying on TV about it like 10 years later.

Roy was treated a lot worse imo, and I doubt he will ever go on Le Match and cry about what happened to him.

Old
10-13-2011, 09:02 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
What does money/salary have to do anything about it? Its a guy that goes to work and gets booed by 20 000 people. I doubt any of us can live what he has to live back then so I don't think its fair to say that if you make millions, you should always be happy.
What does money have to do with it? Well, maybe at the end of your tough day, you can look at the positives in your life and realize that you have a lot of good things going your way.
But even if Breezer wants to be depressed, it's okay. I am not denying that it must be tough to get booed. I have a problem with him crying on tv about it 10 years later. And it's not like he is returning to Mtl for the first time since, the man came back to play here!! He was not booed again and finished his career here.
I did not buy his tears for a second, it seemed a lot more like self pity than anything else. It was very lame.

Last edited by Kriss E: 10-13-2011 at 09:45 AM.
Old
10-13-2011, 09:43 AM
deandebean

TVA Sports lost me last night when I tuned in to see a show about teleguided cars...

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 09:51 AM
Jigger77

Yeah I saw that Brisebois bit last night. He really took the booing a lot harder than I thought. I have to give the guy credit for letting it all out on TV like that last night.

Sounds like he REALLY appreciated what Gainey did for him too (calling out the boo-birds).

I thought what he was saying was genuine and I appreciated it. Makes you realize these guys really want to do well and the booing cuts deep.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:29 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
TVA Sports lost me last night when I tuned in to see a show about teleguided cars...
lol. RDS did start with mini golf back in the days.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 11:41 AM
Habnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
lol. RDS did start with mini golf back in the days.
Hey - that Mini Putt show was great. Les Buists were stars and she was quite the cougar

Habnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 11:45 AM
Stradale

Quote:
What does money have to do with it? Well, maybe at the end of your tough day, you can look at the positives in your life and realize that you have a lot of good things going your way.
But even if Breezer wants to be depressed, it's okay. I am not denying that it must be tough to get booed. I have a problem with him crying on tv about it 10 years later. And it's not like he is returning to Mtl for the first time since, the man came back to play here!! He was not booed again and finished his career here.
I did not buy his tears for a second, it seemed a lot more like self pity than anything else. It was very lame.
You didn't even watch the show, how do you know it was really lame?

You're the kind of people that think being a millionaire, you can't cry, be sad or suffer depression because they have a bigger house, faster car than normal people?

He was defending Gomez, AK even Gonchar saying that it must be tough for them when the fans are booing them so it wasn't simply about him. He was getting very emotional about it, then he talk about him and his depression. How he needed to take pills and had no one on the locker room to talk to. Then JC Lajoie start reading encouragements from the fans on FB and twitter and that's when Brisebois started to cry.

H

Old
10-13-2011, 12:20 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
You didn't even watch the show, how do you know it was really lame?
Because it was.

Quote:
You're the kind of people that think being a millionaire, you can't cry, be sad or suffer depression because they have a bigger house, faster car than normal people?
No, millionaires can suffer depression. You can go through divorces, family feuds, etc..It's all very tough to handle.
If you hate your job, but have financial security, what will you do? I'm guessing you will quit and find a new one. Right? Are you going to cry about your colleagues being A-holes to you (say they were)? Maybe you will if you're a sensitive boy, which is what Brisebois made himself look like.

Quote:
He was defending Gomez, AK even Gonchar saying that it must be tough for them when the fans are booing them so it wasn't simply about him. He was getting very emotional about it, then he talk about him and his depression. How he needed to take pills and had no one on the locker room to talk to. Then JC Lajoie start reading encouragements from the fans on FB and twitter and that's when Brisebois started to cry.

H
Fair enough, but I don't like to see a bunch of grown men cry when I tune into a show hoping to watch some hockey related analysis (no matter how bad it may be).
It was very awkward and weird. It was just bad, very very bad.

Old
10-13-2011, 12:22 PM
Dr_Hook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post
Hey - that Mini Putt show was great. Les Buists were stars and she was quite the cougar
Right you are ! The Buists vs Bussières rivalry was the only one who ever came close to habs vs nordiques. Was must see tv every time !

" Par la porte d'en arrière.... BIRDIE !!!"

Dr_Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 09:29 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Oh man Langdeau... how does this guy have a job...

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 09:34 PM
Stradale

wrong thread

Old
10-14-2011, 12:54 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
Oh man Langdeau... how does this guy have a job...
Seriously..That was horrible.