HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Still Random After All These Years... (RTOTD v.2)

Closed Thread

Old
10-12-2011, 10:11 AM
predfan98

vCash: 500
anybody hear Suter on the radio this am?

Old
10-12-2011, 10:13 AM
deanwormer

vCash: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsChik20 View Post
I have this inability to talk to the guys like they're normal people so I'm not one to strike up a conversation.

That said, Hornqvist was the most personable/approachable and has been for the past 3 years. He stared at our canvas and then after signing it he told us it was sick. He's such a sweetheart. After Hornqvist, I'd say Wilson, Lindback and (suprisingly) Kostitsyn and then Hali and Blum. Those are the guys that stood out to me the most.

Everyone has off and on moments though and meeting that many people, I'm sure others had different opinions which is why I won't post who I thought was rude.
PC - Really, no Sutes? :-) In all seriousness, I always find Ryan easy to talk to, and he was last night. Horny and Willy seemed most outgoing/approachable. and I think big props to Shea, cause I swear it seemed every-other person wanted pics and extra stuff with him (and probably toots, but I couldn't get near that table) and that's gotta' wear, but I got him near the end and he was still smiling and accommodating.

Old
10-12-2011, 10:36 AM
PredsChik

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
PC - Really, no Sutes? :-) In all seriousness, I always find Ryan easy to talk to, and he was last night. Horny and Willy seemed most outgoing/approachable. and I think big props to Shea, cause I swear it seemed every-other person wanted pics and extra stuff with him (and probably toots, but I couldn't get near that table) and that's gotta' wear, but I got him near the end and he was still smiling and accommodating.
Hey now, I'm his biggest fan and his and Blake's table was the one I was most excited about because they're my 2 favorite players on the team but I get so nervous any time I meet him that I can't enjoy the moment. I'm such a girl.

Old
10-12-2011, 10:49 AM
PredsChik

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
anybody hear Suter on the radio this am?
no. what station? Maybe there's a podcast.

Old
10-12-2011, 10:51 AM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsChik20 View Post
no. what station? Maybe there's a podcast.
i think 104.5 at around 9:15... if you find it, please post it. they were talking about asking him "hardball" questions when i finally turned it on, and i was just curious.

Old
10-12-2011, 11:27 AM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroFist View Post
Last year, Max Afinogenov showed up at our local rink to play pickup hockey when the Federation Cup Russia v USA tennis match was going on here. Everybody's signing the sign in sheet looking at it asking "Okay, who's the joker who signed in as Afinogenov...."

....turns out it actually WAS him...LOL.

http://blog.al.com/ray-melick/2010/0...mad_max_t.html
Was he a puck hog? ha ha!

Back during the lockout, Trotz played on a league team for fun and one of my friends either played with him or against him--said he was the biggest puck hog and when it was pointed out he would laugh about it.

Old
10-12-2011, 01:19 PM
KevFist
is best pony

max was super cool to be around. Actually, he passed more than he shot, but most of his shots were scores..LOL.. the funniest part was watching everyone try to go after him.

Old
10-12-2011, 02:09 PM
PredsV82
No

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
i think 104.5 at around 9:15... if you find it, please post it. they were talking about asking him "hardball" questions when i finally turned it on, and i was just curious.
hardball questions like "are you going to sign and extension??"

Old
10-12-2011, 02:13 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

The wake up zone asking hardball questions?

I wonder how many times Mark Howard threw a tantrum before it was over.

Old
10-12-2011, 08:37 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Anybody ever had a contusion before? I took a nasty slapshot off the knee tonight and need some tips.

Old
10-12-2011, 08:54 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
Anybody ever had a contusion before? I took a nasty slapshot off the knee tonight and need some tips.
Ice compression wrap. Check with a doc if you can't move or it's too painful

Old
10-12-2011, 08:56 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Ice compression wrap. Check with a doc if you can't move or it's too painful
Icing it down now. I can move it fine (hell, I carried my goalie gear out of practice under my own power) but it doesnt feel too good.

Old
10-12-2011, 09:22 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Icing it down now. I can move it fine (hell, I carried my goalie gear out of practice under my own power) but it doesnt feel too good.
Keep moving. Swelling is going to be your enemy. The compression wrap is the most important part for healing

Old
10-12-2011, 09:29 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Keep moving. Swelling is going to be your enemy. The compression wrap is the most important part for healing
How long does this thing take to get 100%. Opening night in a week..........

Old
10-12-2011, 11:30 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
How long does this thing take to get 100%. Opening night in a week..........
Depends on bad it is and how you take care of it. I can't see it so I can't begin to guess

Old
10-12-2011, 11:49 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroFist View Post
Last year, Max Afinogenov showed up at our local rink to play pickup hockey when the Federation Cup Russia v USA tennis match was going on here. Everybody's signing the sign in sheet looking at it asking "Okay, who's the joker who signed in as Afinogenov...."

....turns out it actually WAS him...LOL.

http://blog.al.com/ray-melick/2010/0...mad_max_t.html
I remember hearing about that. Must of have been really cool for the guys who were just dropping in for an average drop in game. I did hear Max scored 20 or so goals during the game. Guess he is not one for holding back

Old
10-13-2011, 01:37 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Anyone think we should start a streetball tourney during the summer and have the Trash fans. Vs. Pred fans? We can call it the 'Summer Sucks Invitational'

Old
10-13-2011, 02:32 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Anyone think we should start a streetball tourney during the summer and have the Trash fans. Vs. Pred fans? We can call it the 'Summer Sucks Invitational'
Well since there is no ice up here in BG, and I've never played hockey but really want to, that sounds like a blast.

Old
10-13-2011, 04:11 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Well since there is no ice up here in BG, and I've never played hockey but really want to, that sounds like a blast.
It really depends on the amount of effort you want to put into it. If you wanted just a simple game between us we can have a simple Birds vs. Cats game on ice, or rollerblades, or road hockey on shoes. Or we can do what has become a communal tradition and grow it into a charitable event.

For me, I would love some simple road hockey

Old
10-15-2011, 08:56 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Never imagined I'd say this but: I'm liking accounting.

My managerial economics course is tough but interesting, International HR Management is a fun class, business ethics I'm also enjoying and my seminar class has had interesting speakers thus far. Hope I feel this way after a few more semesters of grad school. It's keeping me super busy that's for sure.

Old
10-15-2011, 06:04 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Feeling particularly domesticated this evening, I've decided to whip up a new dish for dinner: applesauce-stuffed pork tenderloins, literally making the classic Brady Bunch line of "pork chops and applesauce" a reality.

On that note, I'm curious as to whether anyone else in Pred Nation has a particularly tantalizing recipe they'd like to share. I'm up for a little adventure in the culinary realm and want to try something new.

Old
10-15-2011, 08:07 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Only in Nashville you can give away frosties for goals. If up here in Yankeeland the chant would be "we want chili"

Old
10-15-2011, 08:18 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Feeling particularly domesticated this evening, I've decided to whip up a new dish for dinner: applesauce-stuffed pork tenderloins, literally making the classic Brady Bunch line of "pork chops and applesauce" a reality.

On that note, I'm curious as to whether anyone else in Pred Nation has a particularly tantalizing recipe they'd like to share. I'm up for a little adventure in the culinary realm and want to try something new.
I have dozens. Cooking is a hobby. So here's something different compared to the others.

Cast Iron Duck.

Pretty simple. Quarter the duck. Two breasts, two thighs/legs. You can either brine or season. To brine mix up 4 parts orange juice to one part kosher salt and soak the duck in it for 3 hours. Pat it dry. Stick a cast iron skillet in a cold oven and heat to 450 degrees or put the skillet over ripping hot coals on the grill. When the oven is heated up or the skillet is roaring hot on the coals put the thighs in, skin side down. Cook for 7 to 10 minutes then add the breasts. Cook another 7 to 10 minutes. The skin should look like it does in the picture. This will get you just a bit over medium rare. Relax, duck is supposed to be like that. Keep cooking if redness scares you.

The potatoes are plain mashed with cream, butter, salt, pepper, and garlic.

A good dessert with the above dinner is bananas foster.

The Crepes

4 eggs
1-1/3 Cups Milk (Whole milk. Don't be scared)
2 Tablespoons of melted butter
1 Cup All Purpose Flour (Self-Rising Flour can be used. The crepes are puffier)
2 Tablespoons Sugar
Pinch of Salt
A drop (I mean it…a drop) of Almond Extract

Whisk the eggs and melt the butter. Add milk, eggs, and butter into the flour and mix until smooth. Add in sugar, salt and almond extract and mix again. Stick in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or longer. Before using give it a stir and make sure the solidified butter isn’t clinging to the sides of the bowl.

Butter or spray a non-stick skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Heat the skillet over medium heat and pour in enough batter to coat the bottom. Let it cook until it starts to set. This part you’ll just have to practice: You can either attempt to flip the crepe while it’s still runny or lift up one edge (Think omelet method) and let some of the runny stuff slide underneath before flipping. Either way there’s no time limit here. Cook on both sides until the crepe is set and lightly browned.

The Bananas Foster:

1/4 Cup Butter
2/3 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
3 1/2 Tablespoons Rum (Dark…don’t wimp out on me here)
1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
3 Bananas – sliced as you like

First, DO NOT use a non-stick skillet. It’s horrible. I tried it. It doesn’t come out right. If all your skillets are non-stick use a soup pot or something with a bare metal bottom. Learn from my mistakes.

Melt the butter in a skillet or pot then add in the brown sugar. Stir over medium heat until the sugar breaks down and you’ve got a nice hot brown liquid lightly bubbling in the pan. Add in the cinnamon. Put the sliced bananas into the mixture and gently nudge them around with a whisk or a spoon. Don’t break them apart. You want them to remain whole and be coated with the brown sugar mixture. They don’t take long to soften. Now, here’s the fun part.

Add in the vanilla and the rum. Grab a candle lighter, turn of the kitchen lights and ignite the rum in the pan. Shake the pan until the pretty blue flame vanishes. Turn the lights back on and take the pan off the heat.

How you stuff the crepes is up to you. I’ve rolled them up like burritos, I’ve made little banana tacos and I’ve just spooned the banana mix directly onto a flat crepe. It all tastes the same. It just depends on how fancy you’re wanting to look. Top the whole deal with hand whipped cream or some vanilla ice cream.

That dinner has gotten me places my personality never could.

Last edited by JohniusMaximus: 10-15-2011 at 08:37 PM.
Old
10-16-2011, 01:07 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohniusMaximus View Post
I have dozens. Cooking is a hobby. So here's something different compared to the others.
I knew there was someone on the boards that was an avid cook, I just couldn't remember who it was. I'll definitely give that one a try at some point. I've never actually had duck before.

The pork chops were a relative success. I need to have the proper equipment next time (didn't have a serrated knife to cut the chops with so the pockets were a little shallow), but it's definitely a piece with potential.

I'm trying to turn this into a hobby myself. It's active, quite rewarding, and is good with the ladies, but it also keeps me from spending oodles of money trying to get into Warhammer 40,000...

Old
10-16-2011, 05:16 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
I knew there was someone on the boards that was an avid cook, I just couldn't remember who it was. I'll definitely give that one a try at some point. I've never actually had duck before.

The pork chops were a relative success. I need to have the proper equipment next time (didn't have a serrated knife to cut the chops with so the pockets were a little shallow), but it's definitely a piece with potential.

I'm trying to turn this into a hobby myself. It's active, quite rewarding, and is good with the ladies, but it also keeps me from spending oodles of money trying to get into Warhammer 40,000...
I have known John since middle school. I can personally vouch for his cooking expertise. Any recipe he has is worth trying, regardless of difficulty or time consumption. Also, if you have a recipe that might need a little work, he is the man to ask.

FWIW, duck is an excellent dish if cooked correctly. In my own experience, though, it is easy to dry out duck meat. Admittedly, my experience is limited.

Closed Thread