HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flames vs Canadiens 7:30 ET Price looking for win 100!

Closed Thread

Old
10-13-2011, 10:22 AM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
For your information friends:

CanadiensMTL Montreal Canadiens
En défensive/D pairings:Gorges - Yemelin, Gill - Weber, Subban - Diaz
3 minutes ago

CanadiensMTL Montreal Canadiens
Trios à l'entraînement/Lines at practice:Cole-Plekanec-Moen,Palushaj-Engqvist-Eller,Pacioretty-Gomez-Gionta,Darche-Desharnais-Kostitsyn

I really like those defensive pairs. Subban - Diaz is a bit high risk but if it works out it could be electric.

Old
10-13-2011, 10:29 AM
Paul Dipietro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I really like those defensive pairs. Subban - Diaz is a bit high risk but if it works out it could be electric.
Why though? We have 3 left-handed D and 3 who are right-handed. Why don't we just play them on their natural side?

These pairings would make more sense IMO

Emelin - Subban
Gill - Weber
Gorges - Diaz

Old
10-13-2011, 10:29 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
#100, please.

GO HABS!

Old
10-13-2011, 10:31 AM
Rutabaga

I dont really understand why Eller is on the wing.
But Moen is the most reliable player defensively among the ones who can be promoted to that spot. (Well, Gionta and Plekanec are probably the only ones who are better anyway.)

Considering how difficult the Plekanec's minutes are, its understandable to use a player like Moen is, proven, and reliable, even if it means that you might be less effective offensively.

The goal is to outscore, not just score. Outscore means sometimes that you have to win 2-1.
But now that we have more depth, especially with the 3rd line, its more likely to work.
Still, i dont understand. Eller on the wing of the 4th line?

Old
10-13-2011, 10:35 AM
Perrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyleOdelein View Post
I would assume that Eller will play at wing until he gets his timing back and takes a few hits to get comfortable with his shoulder.

It's important to remember that one of Eller's most prominent weaknesses last season was taking faceoffs (42.4%). This is an area he'll have to improve at. It's probably a good idea to shelter him from taking faceoffs until he gets his confidence back in his shoulder, otherwise Martin would most likely be dooming him to a terrible start in the faceoff circle.
Yeah I can see easing him in, but I cant see the face off thing since I am sure I read somewhere that DD was at a whopping 33% or around that area. Eller just plays better from center than the wing but I am sure it'll all work out.

Old
10-13-2011, 10:40 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Excited to see DD-Eller-AK
This line had a nice thing going last year...let them gel for more than a game JM...

Hope to see a good game tonight, let's get Price # 100

Old
10-13-2011, 10:47 AM
zzoo

Wow, I can't believe that there are still some tickets available for tonight game. It's hard to believe that they can't sell out for the 1st game of season.

Old
10-13-2011, 10:52 AM
PricePkPatch

Subban-Diaz? Hmm.. Maybe. I had wished for Gorges-Diaz, Subban-Gill and Weber-Emelin.

Or maybe swap Gill and Emelin. How did PK an Aleixi looked when they were together?

Old
10-13-2011, 10:52 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
Wow, I can't believe that there are still some tickets available for tonight game. It's hard to believe that they can't sell out for the 1st game of season.
Yeah, I was thinking that yesterday...

It's not a losing team. Has good, young, exciting players.

Montreal isn't the mecca of hockey ? Maybe Montreal will be moved to Quebec...

Old
10-13-2011, 10:53 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Not really, I have a pair and they are 220$ face value. You gotta pay 500$ for a pair of tickets, it's ridiculous if you ask me. I get them for free, I would never pay that much, It's almost a week down south

Old
10-13-2011, 10:57 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
Is Moen seriously on the first line? What's JM's obssesion with giving him Top 6 minutes as soon as somebody goes down!!??
Haha, careful you will be soon put in your place.

I agree btw.

3-2 Habs in OT

Old
10-13-2011, 10:59 AM
MasterD

Seriously, when I read that I figured "hell yes I'm going to the game tonight!"

Now, I'm not shelling out 550$ for me and my wife + parking, probably supper, a beer each... now way, I'll stay at home, have chicken wings, many beers, have friends over, and that'll cost me nothing (already have the wings and the beer lol)

Old
10-13-2011, 11:07 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Wow. Didn't know that. I just assumed it would be filled as always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Not really, I have a pair and they are 220$ face value. You gotta pay 500$ for a pair of tickets, it's ridiculous if you ask me. I get them for free, I would never pay that much, It's almost a week down south
That is ridiculous. Starting to abuse of people at that point. Definitely out of the price range for a lot of the average hockey fans.

Old
10-13-2011, 11:12 AM
Gary320

Quote:
Actually Montreal Canadiens release some tickets throughout a period of time. Usually they'll release more tickets on game day. It will still end up selling almost all if not ALL.

Old
10-13-2011, 11:18 AM
LyleOdelein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrah View Post
Yeah I can see easing him in, but I cant see the face off thing since I am sure I read somewhere that DD was at a whopping 33% or around that area. Eller just plays better from center than the wing but I am sure it'll all work out.
There's no doubt about it that Desharnais has been brutal on the dot. However, the most important question with regards to Eller's development isn't whether or not he can perform better than Desharnais has in draws so far, it's whether Eller can improve on his own weaknesses from last year. Throwing him at centre if he's not entirely ready for all the responsibilities involved probably isn't the best way to achieve this end.

When he's ready to go, he'll end up supplanting Desharnais for the 3rd line centre role. In the meantime, a little bit of patience will benefit Eller greatly in the long run.

Old
10-13-2011, 11:40 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
I think it's pretty clear Martin's trying to keep offense on his third line, with the injuries that means at the expense of concentrating it on the top two. Obvisouly Moen's a terrible choice to play top six minutes long term, but in the meantime I totally understanding not wanting to put him with Desharnais. Hopefully Eller or Palushaj play well enough that JM gets enough confidence to rely on them a bit, allowing Moen to drop to his more proper role. If he feels confident playing either of those guys regular minutes on the third line, then he can move someone like AK up to the Pleks line instantly. For the moment though, Moen played a fantastic game and is getting rewarded in practice and to start the next game. The odds of JM NOT shuffling his lines are about zero, so I really think it's early to get too upset about it.

I remember Pat Burns' obsession with playing Brian Skrudland in the final minutes of games we were losing by a goal. Even the best coaches lean too heavily on their defensive vets sometimes. When he's going into his fourth straight game in that role, I'll join the yelling. In the meantime having Moen fill in on a top line is nothing new, while having DD, AK and Eller all available to play on the third line is a reason to be hopeful that line can pick up some of the slack we know Moen's not going to.
If I remember, Skrudland scored the fastest OT goal from start of period in Habs history. 9 seconds, Calgary, 86, SCF. McPhee with assist. After that I'd have had him out the last minute lots of times too.

Old
10-13-2011, 11:49 AM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 506
Subban - Diaz has potential to make some really great breakouts.

They're the two fastest defencemen on the team (aside from Gill, naturally) and they both like to break out with speed. Hopefully they don't get in any bad turnover scenarios, but I have a feeling they're going to be very solid.

Old
10-13-2011, 11:55 AM
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012

I cant believe Im missing tonight's game for a midterm review class...

I need to get my priorities straight...

I'll watch Canadiens express ftw!

I predict a WIN because its our first home game, and price wants that 100th win, trust me.

GO HABS GO

Old
10-13-2011, 11:57 AM
Sandvich
VERY NICE

Guys I am not going to post tonight to not jinx Price shutout.

Old
10-13-2011, 11:57 AM
Xia

Finally! Counting on a win tonight, but Calgary will come out strong looking for their first win. GO HABS GO!

Old
10-13-2011, 12:13 PM
Bullsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
If I remember, Skrudland scored the fastest OT goal from start of period in Habs history. 9 seconds, Calgary, 86, SCF. McPhee with assist. After that I'd have had him out the last minute lots of times too.
Oh I remember it well, but it was very much the exception not the rule with Screwy. He was the definition of a shut-down defensive forward. Tied, and especially in OT, any coach would play the heck out of him, much less with a lead. I was talking about being out for the last minute when we were losing by a goal. Sort of different.

Old
10-13-2011, 12:18 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

Is the game seriously not sold out?

Old
10-13-2011, 12:27 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Is the game seriously not sold out?
Just tried myself on Canadiens.com and there are indeed tickets available. Granted, most are $300+ and probably split seats, but they're out there.

Old
10-13-2011, 12:28 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Just tried myself on Canadiens.com and there are indeed tickets available. Granted, most are $300+ and probably split seats, but they're out there.
I'll assume they'll be gone by puck drop then. I can't even remember the last time we didn't sell out a regular season game. Must have been before the lockout.

Old
10-13-2011, 12:36 PM
Moen in Glory
Sidebar is coming

Good job for your 1st GDT Jmac!

4-2 Habs

Closed Thread