HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Corey Crawford?

Old
10-12-2011, 02:14 PM
Hawkaholic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Ottawa is the only team you could begin to make an argument for.
Considering all the teams I mentioned (aside from Dallas and Phoenix) were worse last year than the Thrashers, my argument holds a ton of weight.

Dallas and Phoenix got consideribly worse in the off-season, Jets stayed about the same.

People think because they lost 5-1 in their only game that their whole season is going to go like that.

Hawkaholic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 02:15 PM
Illinihockey

So if Salak is up, doesn't someone else have to be sent down? Wouldn't that put them over the 23 roster max?

Illinihockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 02:27 PM
RayP

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Any team can outplay us on any given night. See Edmonton from last year as proof. I want Crawford out there tomorrow.
Also, wasn't it the game @ Florida that ended that 8-9 game win streak last year?

RayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 03:16 PM
mintsauce

Send a message via MSN to mintsauce
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patkane View Post
Jets is the worst team in the NHL by a country mile.
Nope.

mintsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 04:39 PM
Wasted Years
Where Eagles Dare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
So if Salak is up, doesn't someone else have to be sent down? Wouldn't that put them over the 23 roster max?
Scott......I can only hope.

Wasted Years is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 09:34 PM
Chris Hansen
THESE LEGS ARE FRESH

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Also, wasn't it the game @ Florida that ended that 8-9 game win streak last year?
Yes, but off of memory the shots were 37-15 in that game in favor of the Hawks. Game was completely stolen by Vokoun.
With all due respect to Pavelec who is a decent goalie in his own right, I don't see that happening tomorrow. Especially not with the Hawks at home.

Chris Hansen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 01:27 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post

They are not the worst, by far. Ottawa, Florida, New York Islanders, Edmonton, Colorado, and you could probably throw Dallas and Phoenix in there as teams that are jsut as bad, if not worse than Winnipeg.

Not that it matters, because Emery isn't playing anyway.

The orginal statement was one of the stupidest things I have read here.
The Jets are a Bottom 5 Team in the league and I would love to have their 1st Round Pick this year. It will be Ebert or Yakupov.

And the Thrasher were good because they had a great first half of the season. Since January, they are as bad as the Sens

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 09:12 AM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
The Jets are a Bottom 5 Team in the league and I would love to have their 1st Round Pick this year. It will be Ebert or Yakupov.

And the Thrasher were good because they had a great first half of the season. Since January, they are as bad as the Sens
They might be bottom 5, they could be 6 or 7. My point was they are not THE WORST team in the league. Who cares what their record was like after January? Detroit had a horrible record too and you don't see people putting them down as missing the playoffs.

Last year is over, this year they have fans to play for (for once) and just as good of a team as they did last year when they only finished 13pts out of the playoffs ahead of 5 others team, and 1pt behind 2 others. Point is, they are not the worst team in the league. Dumb statement.

Old
10-13-2011, 12:02 PM
The Red Line

Quote:
They might be bottom 5, they could be 6 or 7. My point was they are not THE WORST team in the league. Who cares what their record was like after January? Detroit had a horrible record too and you don't see people putting them down as missing the playoffs.

Last year is over, this year they have fans to play for (for once) and just as good of a team as they did last year when they only finished 13pts out of the playoffs ahead of 5 others team, and 1pt behind 2 others. Point is, they are not the worst team in the league. Dumb statement.
Lol, what? Do you just completely make up facts and then post them hoping no one will notice?

The Red Line is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 12:09 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Line View Post
Lol, what? Do you just completely make up facts and then post them hoping no one will notice?
I don't have their record, but it wasn't very good in the second half, I don't even think they were top 8 in the West in the last half last year.

edit: 21 wins in there last 41 games.

So no, I don't make stuff up.

Old
10-14-2011, 01:19 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Point is, they are not the worst team in the league. Dumb statement.
I never said they are the WORST Team, I said that we need to win against them because their would be no excuse. @home with all players healthy (the guys we can't replace)
And If we couldn't beat them with Emery - we did as you know - we should waive him asap because we won't win against another team.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 10:21 AM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Emery did better his last 10 minutes out there. That being said, I would rather not see him out there. Imagine what the Canucks would do to him.

HawksFan74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 10:26 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Emery did better his last 10 minutes out there. That being said, I would rather not see him out there. Imagine what the Canucks would do to him.
Right, but you don't play your back up goalie against top teams...unless you are the Canucks.

Illinihockey is online now   Reply With Quote