HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canes Board Lounge Part III

Closed Thread

Old
10-11-2011, 04:08 PM
Carolinas Identity
I'm a bad troll

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Anton View Post
At playing the actual game of football, they're all better than Clausen. The first two just had baggage and Leinart was a huge bust, but at least he was somewhat decent at times. Imagine of Clausen went where Leinart went.

EDIT: Let me retract this a bit. They all had more actual talent at the game of football than Clausen. He's just bad at everything. And he knows it. Because I tell him all the time on Twitter.
Exactly, imagine if Clausen went in the top 10, never mind 1st or 2nd like Russel and Leaf did. At least you can recover from a 2nd round QB backfiring, whereas the Chargers are arguably still struggling 13 years later.

EDIT: just cause I forgot, I went and double checked what the Chargers traded to Arizona to move from 3rd to 2nd in that draft. Here's a quote from wikipedia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
The San Diego Chargers had the third pick of the draft, but traded two first round picks, a second round pick, and three time Pro Bowler Eric Metcalf to the Arizona Cardinals to move up one spot and guarantee that the team would get one of the two quarterbacks.
At least Clausen just cost you a 2nd round pick, but actually may have helped y'all big time, what if he had tore s*** up last year and won 7 or 8 games? Then you could say bye bye to Newton.

Last edited by Carolinas Identity: 10-11-2011 at 04:14 PM.
Old
10-13-2011, 02:39 PM
Great Wall of Allen
SCanedinavian

Right, so I'm off to San Francisco next Thursday, first time in the states and all, anyone have any suggestions for things I don't wanna miss while there? Already planning on going on a tour of Alcatraz, touristy as it may be.

Old
10-13-2011, 03:07 PM
Brock Anton
Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Anton View Post
Dude sucks... He'll be the 32nd best starting QB in the league and worse than 20+ back ups
Screw stats. Dude is a winner.

As a QB that's all that matters. As a Steelers fan you should know that.

Old
10-13-2011, 03:26 PM
Watershed
Triple Lindy

I don't know if this has been posted anywhere yet but papa johns gives 50% off of your order the day after the canes win. Put in the code CANIAC. pretty good deal! http://www.papajohns.com/caniac/

Old
10-13-2011, 03:36 PM
halleJOKEL
strong as brickwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by theobald View Post
Right, so I'm off to San Francisco next Thursday, first time in the states and all, anyone have any suggestions for things I don't wanna miss while there? Already planning on going on a tour of Alcatraz, touristy as it may be.
North Carolina is far, far away from the West Coast... to the chagrin of many California area hockey fans wishing to see the player of their dreams, Chad LaRose, in person.

Old
10-13-2011, 03:44 PM
Great Wall of Allen
SCanedinavian

Haha, I know, luckily I will be going to North Carolina as well, and even managed to time it so that I can catch the game against Ottawa in the RBC. Just thought someone on here might have been before

Old
10-13-2011, 06:24 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton the Great View Post
Dave drinking the Cammy Cam Juice, I see.

Glad you all are seeing what I had the pleasure of seeing last year
Actually I was onboard with him last year at Auburn (one of a few teams I like so I watched as much as possible) but I just didn't think his game would translate to the pros. Didn't think he had the necessary accuracy to make it work. But so far, despite the Panthers record, he's looked better then about anyone expected.

Old
10-13-2011, 06:56 PM
Anton Dubinchuk
yeeeeee

Needed to post this...

On NHL 12, I'm playing against the Blues... As a filler thing, to make the game more "realistic," the PBP and color guy usually have a set conversation about the team each time they play (ie. Carolina's playoff chances lie with Ward, Edmonton's glutton of good prospects, etc). Here's the one for the Blues:

Gary Thorne: "Bill, in St. Louis you've got a guy at captain that's a bit unheralded."
Bill Clement: "Yeah Gary, Eric Brewer won't score all that many goals, but he's a great stay at home defenseman, and he's a decent mover of the puck that can put at least a couple of points on the board."
GT: "Do you think he's the right choice for captain of the Blues at this time?"
BC: "Absolutely Gary, Eric Brewer is the heart and soul of the Blues. At some point in the near future they'll probably want their recent 1st overall pick Erik Johnson to take the captaincy, but until then, Brewer is absolutely the right choice."

For those of you who don't play video games or are otherwise confused, this game was released in September.

Old
10-13-2011, 07:19 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watershed View Post
I don't know if this has been posted anywhere yet but papa johns gives 50% off of your order the day after the canes win. Put in the code CANIAC. pretty good deal! http://www.papajohns.com/caniac/
Mission accomplished.

(ps - unlike this delicious pizza, the thread is past its expiration date)

Old
10-13-2011, 07:28 PM
HisIceness
Michal Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watershed View Post
Available at participating restaurants in North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia. Nice

Closed Thread