HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Locker room blueprint / construction progress

Old
10-12-2011, 06:34 PM
joshjull

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by volatile View Post
More pics on WGR: http://wgr550.com/pages/11170424.php...=2590201#imgXR

Wish someone, anyone, would take some freakin' high res pictures.
Don't know if there is a link on their website but ch2 had a walk through on their sports segment just now. Plus a short interview with Kim Pegula. The lockerroom looks incredible.

As an aside I thought I saw Craig Ramsay in the backround going on the tour.

joshjull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 06:40 PM
ImpressedDAHagent
Go sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
Don't know if there is a link on their website but ch2 had a walk through on their sports segment just now. Plus a short interview with Kim Pegula. The lockerroom looks incredible.

thanks

i found it

http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/138...rt-Locker-Room

ImpressedDAHagent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 06:53 PM
Tim Murray
HoF Turd Shiner

vCash: 1237
fireplace at 0:46

Tim Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 06:53 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpressedDAHagent View Post
AWE to the SOME ...

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 08:02 PM
ImpressedDAHagent
Go sabres

I hope the sabres put together a HUGE video presentation for the new locker rooms.

ImpressedDAHagent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 08:31 PM
puckish66

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post

I think his doppleganger is in one of these photos:

http://blogs.artvoice.com/avdaily/20...n-inside-peek/

puckish66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 08:32 PM
puckish66

Quote:
Originally Posted by volatile View Post
More pics on WGR: http://wgr550.com/pages/11170424.php...=2590201#imgXR

Wish someone, anyone, would take some freakin' high res pictures.
See the ArtVoice pics linked in my post above this one.

Old
10-12-2011, 09:43 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
glad to see its done before the home opener, I can't wait to take the tour !!

JOHNBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 10:14 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
That's not Craig in those photos.

10-12-2011, 11:44 PM
earthwindmyers

On the letters:

Quote:
Nearly everything should be complete by the time the puck drops, with one major exception. The huge letters that show all passers-by the name of the building won't be up. There was just a lone "r" — the end of "Center" — on the facade Wednesday.

"They're scheduled to have the rest of the letters delivered [today] and they'll be installed next week, so by Game Two everything should be in place," Makowski said.
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sa...icle591628.ece

earthwindmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 09:51 AM
brian_griffin
Measured Intangibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckish66 View Post
See the ArtVoice pics linked in my post above this one.
Ahhh, ArtVoice. The free-speech bastion of Michael Niman. I used to read him when I needed a laugh.

Back on topic, the circular nature of the main locker room and the plush "non-gymnasium" decor gives the whole thing a "Star Trek" bridge feel to it.

brian_griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:03 AM
earthwindmyers

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/gallery.htm?id=24328

earthwindmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 11:35 AM
brian_griffin
Measured Intangibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthwindmyers View Post
Photo #25 of 33. I've plans for a hot tub in my backyard. I just found the model I want. Must locate vendor...

Old
10-13-2011, 11:39 AM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckish66 View Post
I think his doppleganger is in one of these photos:

http://blogs.artvoice.com/avdaily/20...n-inside-peek/
Thanks for the pics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
That's not Craig in those photos.
The guy in the pics certainly isn't Craig. The guy I saw in the backround of the video was probably that bald guy with his head turned in pic #3.

joshjull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 11:43 AM
haseoke39
**** Cycle 4 Eichel

So pimp it is unreal.

haseoke39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 12:13 PM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpressedDAHagent View Post
I hope the sabres put together a HUGE video presentation for the new locker rooms.
I'd be willing to bet that MSG will have several short video segments in the next 2-3 game broadcasts, walking viewers through the renovation process and final results.

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 12:17 PM
Sabretip

Good Q&A with details on the entire process from Sabres.com:

Quote:
When did the design process begin?
About three weeks after the Pegula’s purchased the team is when we started. Stan Makowski (VP of Arena Operations) and I had a meeting with Kim, then later with Terry. A lot of their experiences come from the new arena in Pittsburgh, and that place is a palace. Their locker room is exceptional. Ours was 15 years old. One of the first things they wanted to do was quickly come in and put a logo on the floor, just to say ‘hey we’re here and we are thinking about making things better.’ But it was really at that point, when the logo was in the floor, that Stan and I were already flying around to a lot of the other clubs to do research, meeting with the architects to try and get as much information as we could for our project.
Quote:
How much input did players and management have?
I met with several players towards the end of last season and on locker cleanout day. I had an opportunity to present my ideas to Terry, Ryan Miller, Jason Pominville and Nathan Gerbe. Ryan was very excited about the project and the direction it had taken. We’d already had a few different floor plans at that time, so everybody wanted to take a peek at what we wanted to do. We also got a lot of input from Darcy (Regier) and Lindy (Ruff) because they were around all summer. We did our best to get them involved early. Then we worked with the coaching and equipment staffs. The players had input, but those are the guys who will be working in the spaces and they had the most direct input. There was a lot of back and forth throughout summer.
Quote:
Who came up with the historical concept for the entrance?
That was my idea. My background is in exhibit design so I’ve done things like this in the past. In working with Cannon, the story I was trying to tell is that when the players are in the locker room, there are no ties to the past. That’s their room, and they feel like they own it. Then as they left the room, they’d walk through the history of the franchise. It takes them through time and shows them where they are coming from. But there are also empty areas for future recognition. This way they can experience the past, but also realize that there’s room for them on that wall in the future.
Quote:
Whose idea was the fireplace in the lounge?
That idea came from Cannon. Kim liked it when she first saw it, and I loved it. The idea is that the lounge is a home away from home. A lot of these guys have fireplaces in their own homes. When they are sitting around talking and relaxing with each other, you want to make them feel as comfortable at the rink as they are at home. They also have an Xbox back there with other homey items, so it’s just a way to fill out the room and make it unique at the same time. It was the architect’s choice, but something that the team really liked.
http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?...id=DL|BUF|home

Old
10-13-2011, 12:53 PM
flyingpig
Pay the Troll Toll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
Good Q&A with details on the entire process from Sabres.com:

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?...id=DL|BUF|home
Some interesting stuff in there.

I like the idea that the locker is the present players room, but they are reminded of the past in the hallway out to the rink and see room for them in the future. It explains the picttures of current team players in the locker room, as opposed to team legends. That was a big issue on the main board. I admit I still think it a bit strange. I now understand the idea behind it.

I think it says a lot that Gerbe was involved. I remember a pic of him looking at plans. I think it clearly reflects that he is seen as an integral part of the long term plan. He is grouped in with the owner, and Miller and our captain Poms for the input. Maybe I am reading into it a bit.

flyingpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 01:23 PM
brian_griffin
Measured Intangibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingpig View Post

I like the idea that the locker is the present players room, but they are reminded of the past in the hallway out to the rink and see room for them in the future. It explains the picttures of current team players in the locker room, as opposed to team legends. That was a big issue on the main board. I admit I still think it a bit strange. I now understand the idea behind it.

I think it says a lot that Gerbe was involved. I remember a pic of him looking at plans. I think it clearly reflects that he is seen as an integral part of the long term plan. He is grouped in with the owner, and Miller and our captain Poms for the input. Maybe I am reading into it a bit.
Simpler explanation:
1. He stayed in WNY over summer (#42 worked out with #28 & #36).
2. Makowski, Cravotta, et al., (the project managers) wanted to know how low to hang the end-row urinal.

Old
10-13-2011, 03:30 PM
VaporTrail
Registered Tanker

Looks like we have the best digs in the league now...This is the icing on the cake....Buffalo obviously is the premier or one of the premier destination for players in the NHL....We're finally a place that players will want to come to.....

With an owner that cares about the players, and is willing to spend whatever it takes to win who wouldn't want to come here ?

Oh yeah, that Brad Richards guy....HEY BRAD, HOW'S THAT NYC TRAFFIC TREATIN' YA ?

baaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.....Toooooo bad you're going to miss out on the Buffalo Cup run(s)...coulda shoulda woulda

VaporTrail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 03:51 PM
TehDoak
General Zad

Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
Quote:

More like the players got as involved as they wanted to be. I am sure Gerbe said something like 'hey i've got some ideas for the locker room' and he was involved.

Its like when you have a project at work. You can hope it gets done right or you can volunteer to get involved.

TehDoak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 05:25 PM
minuteater
does not cohmpeet

Stopped by the Sabres Store to pick up the jersey I ordered on slug day and snapped a few photos from my phone:

minuteater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 06:02 PM
Sabretip

Quote:
I think it says a lot that Gerbe was involved. I remember a pic of him looking at plans. I think it clearly reflects that he is seen as an integral part of the long term plan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_griffin View Post
Simpler explanation:
1. He stayed in WNY over summer (#42 worked out with #28 & #36).
2. Makowski, Cravotta, et al., (the project managers) wanted to know how low to hang the end-row urinal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDoak View Post
More like the players got as involved as they wanted to be. I am sure Gerbe said something like 'hey i've got some ideas for the locker room' and he was involved.

Its like when you have a project at work. You can hope it gets done right or you can volunteer to get involved.
I think Doak's got the most logical assessment of why Gerbe was involved - he seems more of an extrovert that goes out of his way to get involved. An article the other day in TBN chronicled how much he was affected by the visit to the injured soldiers in Germany and that he went to the Sabres to ask if he could be the team's rep for the charity program that gives out 2 tix to each home game to military vets. His interviews after his new contract also showed how eager (and grateful) he was to be involved with the team under new ownership and that he wants to give back wherever he can. I can see him volunteering to offer input on the locker room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporTrail View Post
Oh yeah, that Brad Richards guy....HEY BRAD, HOW'S THAT NYC TRAFFIC TREATIN' YA ?
You do know that the Rangers are undergoing a similar renovation scope to their locker rooms at MSG, right? From some of the design and progress photos posted over the summer, it doesn't seem to shabby either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadedpony View Post
Stopped by the Sabres Store to pick up the jersey I ordered on slug day and snapped a few photos from my phone:

Why do the ceramic embossings of the two buffalos look more like two dogs wearing George Washington wigs from the 1800's?

Old
10-13-2011, 06:10 PM
Endless

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadedpony View Post

did they make you choose the jersey model/color you told them on slug appreciation day or were they flexible? i got my father a raincheck and he's going to pick up his jersey next week

Endless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 06:28 PM
puckish66

Kind of disappointed that Terry didn't have Ted scour the planet for the elusive navy blue mum.