HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

MSG Season Tickets & Relocation *PART 2*

Old
10-12-2011, 09:02 PM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris6net View Post
I read somewhere that T/E will be up on the 17th. I can remember the first 2-3 years when T/E started and it was available the first week of September a full month before the season started.
What I didn,t like last year with T/E was that after you put your search in it timed out after 2 minutes. This went on for about 2 months then it reverted back to timing out after 5 minutes. Somebody I know that this was done at the request of MSG to make it more difficult to buy from T/E and thus forcing more to buy directly from the team. It will be interesting to see what happens this year.
While TE is a decent feature, they play around with it so often I don't really take it too seriously.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 02:08 AM
pavelich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin226 View Post
Like a month ago I ordered a pair of Flyers @ Rangers tickets for Feb. 5th and called StubHub yesterday to complain that they never arrived.. They called me back today to inform me that the Rangers were just sending them out now, so I hoped on here to double check

The gf (Flyers fan) and I are beginning our journey to see a Devils or Flyers game at every NHL arena, and I want to collect the season ticket from each game, so I wasn't sure what I'd be getting since I ordered from StubHub, but I guess it will be a season ticket

Edit: Nice looking tickets btw.. My Devils season tickets appear to be similar in that each ticket has a different picture on it.. Very cool!
I just got the stubhub "you're tickets have shipped" email today for two games I bought that I'm sure are coming from a season ticket holder. Same for your tickets I'd guess.

So keep your shirts on debbies/orange crud fan couple from hell, you'll get your tickets.

pavelich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 04:02 PM
NYRKING30

yeah so i just got my tickets today. and i was so excited to open it up as a first time season ticket holder. but then when i opened it, it is just a shameful site to see. 5 gs gets you tickets and the msg cookbook? wow we really get treated with first class. yes i knew all this before hand but to see them offering you 1 dollar off when u buy 2 hot dogs. that is just a sad joke it literally makes u laugh. besides the whopping 10 percent discount cards. the only thing that seems to be of value in the book is the 10 dollars off at the parking space. meanwhile with the 10 dollars off its prob still more money then the outdoor lot on i think its 31st in between 7th and 6th. might be 32nd. just goes to show you and the league how much we truly love our blueshirts with a passion. anybody have an idea of what toronto gives to its fans? i say toronto since they are the franchise worth the most according to forbes. with that said the opening night tickets look really nice and i am beyond amped. this nfl style bye week is killing me, im tired of watching other teams lol.

NYRKING30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 04:18 PM
skroob**

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKING30 View Post
yeah so i just got my tickets today. and i was so excited to open it up as a first time season ticket holder. but then when i opened it, it is just a shameful site to see. 5 gs gets you tickets and the msg cookbook? wow we really get treated with first class. yes i knew all this before hand but to see them offering you 1 dollar off when u buy 2 hot dogs. that is just a sad joke it literally makes u laugh. besides the whopping 10 percent discount cards. the only thing that seems to be of value in the book is the 10 dollars off at the parking space. meanwhile with the 10 dollars off its prob still more money then the outdoor lot on i think its 31st in between 7th and 6th. might be 32nd. just goes to show you and the league how much we truly love our blueshirts with a passion. anybody have an idea of what toronto gives to its fans? i say toronto since they are the franchise worth the most according to forbes. with that said the opening night tickets look really nice and i am beyond amped. this nfl style bye week is killing me, im tired of watching other teams lol.
you think its bad now, wait till next year. And the one after that. Things have diminished every year for some time now.

skroob** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 04:50 PM
NYRKING30

Quote:
Originally Posted by skroob View Post
you think its bad now, wait till next year. And the one after that. Things have diminished every year for some time now.
honestly thats just so wrong on so many levels. yes they can do what they want but eventually they will lose more and more STH due to the value of the season ticket package or lack there of. this guy dolan just loves to do bad buisness from the rangers to the knicks to msg fios hd to cablevision. it seems like he almost wants to push both fanbases away and have 20,000 people from wall street for 82 nights a year. now we know why BB said msg "isnt what its cracked up to be". im 21 now but i wonder in 15 20 years, how will i be able to afford season tickets for a family of 4? now i know why my parents never brought me and my brother to ranger games during the dark era. even back then it probably would have costed 5 600 for a family of 4 to go to a game (food,tolls,gas,tickets,dinner). how do some of you do it lol

Old
10-13-2011, 05:00 PM
patnyrnyg

you think people will cancel their tickets because they don't like what the tickets look like, or because the coupons for discounted hotdogs aren't high enough?

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 05:22 PM
NYRKING30

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
you think people will cancel their tickets because they don't like what the tickets look like, or because the coupons for discounted hotdogs aren't high enough?
whoever is, would be moronic. that wasn't my point. point was just the value of what they offer and how great they are to the long time season subscribers. its sad.

Old
10-13-2011, 05:56 PM
useref15

Quote:
yes i knew all this before hand
Not to be rude or anything....but I don't understand why your complaining. You knew what you were buying and you didn't expect anything extra, so it shouldn't have got you upset. Also, since your a first time season ticket holder, I really don't believe they owe you anything more. Someone who has had them for a decade +....then yeah, they should get an extra something. You buy season tickets to get a discount to every game to see your favorite team, not for freebies that is with the package.

useref15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 06:00 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

I have my tickets secured for this season... Here are the games I was able to get:

Sat Nov 5, 2011 Canadiens,
Thu Dec 22, 2011 Islanders
Thu Jan 19, 2012 Penguins
Sun Feb 5, 2012 Flyers
Mon Feb 27, 2012 Devils
Fri Mar 30, 2012 Canadiens

The Habs games at MSG have been some of the best games I've seen to over the last couple seasons...

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 06:21 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
I have my tickets secured for this season... Here are the games I was able to get:

Sat Nov 5, 2011 Canadiens,
Thu Dec 22, 2011 Islanders
Thu Jan 19, 2012 Penguins
Sun Feb 5, 2012 Flyers
Mon Feb 27, 2012 Devils
Fri Mar 30, 2012 Canadiens

The Habs games at MSG have been some of the best games I've seen to over the last couple seasons...
As much as we hate the Habs fans, their obnoxiousness brings energy to the building and gets the Ranger fans pumped up. The 5 goal outburst in the first last year was one of the loudest crowds for a regular season game in games I've been too.

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 06:25 PM
NYRKING30

Quote:
Originally Posted by useref15 View Post
Not to be rude or anything....but I don't understand why your complaining. You knew what you were buying and you didn't expect anything extra, so it shouldn't have got you upset. Also, since your a first time season ticket holder, I really don't believe they owe you anything more. Someone who has had them for a decade +....then yeah, they should get an extra something. You buy season tickets to get a discount to every game to see your favorite team, not for freebies that is with the package.
im not complaining lol its funny that they decide to even bother giving it. you buy season tickets for hockey games, not bjs wholesale. all i said is its a joke with what they give. like i said i feel bad for the long time season holders. this is a message board right?

Old
10-13-2011, 06:32 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
As much as we hate the Habs fans, their obnoxiousness brings energy to the building and gets the Ranger fans pumped up. The 5 goal outburst in the first last year was one of the loudest crowds for a regular season game in games I've been too.
I was just saying the same thing in an email to a friend of mine who goes to games with me... The Habs bring so many fans to MSG (waiving their Canadian flags, etc) that it gets the MSG crowd riled up and makes them louder than they normally would be.... Some of the best atmospheres at MSG over the past 2-3 seasons have been when we're playing the Canadiens....

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 06:36 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
I was just saying the same thing in an email to a friend of mine who goes to games with me... The Habs bring so many fans to MSG (waiving their Canadian flags, etc) that it gets the MSG crowd riled up and makes them louder than they normally would be.... Some of the best atmospheres at MSG over the past 2-3 seasons have been when we're playing the Canadiens....
You think its bad at MSG? You should see what happens at the Coliseum lol

10-14-2011, 11:11 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
honestly thats just so wrong on so many levels. yes they can do what they want but eventually they will lose more and more STH due to the value of the season ticket package or lack there of. this guy dolan just loves to do bad buisness from the rangers to the knicks to msg fios hd to cablevision. it seems like he almost wants to push both fanbases away and have 20,000 people from wall street for 82 nights a year. now we know why BB said msg "isnt what its cracked up to be". im 21 now but i wonder in 15 20 years, how will i be able to afford season tickets for a family of 4? now i know why my parents never brought me and my brother to ranger games during the dark era. even back then it probably would have costed 5 600 for a family of 4 to go to a game (food,tolls,gas,tickets,dinner). how do some of you do it lol
no it wouldn't unless you need to sit in the premium seats and have Peter Lugger's for dinner beforehand.

Old
10-14-2011, 11:21 AM
NYRKING30

Quote:
no it wouldn't unless you need to sit in the premium seats and have Peter Lugger's for dinner beforehand.
alright maybe 4 the most no more than 5 for a family of 4. regardless that is a lot to go consistantly for a family of 4 making avg money. funny thing is when i was young i been to more games at the national car rental center and meadowlands than msg up until about 02. im just glad im part of the STH family now, i plan to hold the tickets for a very long time. you have them for more than 20 or 30 years right?

Old
10-14-2011, 11:50 AM
Giacomin

Quote:
alright maybe 4 the most no more than 5 for a family of 4. regardless that is a lot to go consistantly for a family of 4 making avg money. funny thing is when i was young i been to more games at the national car rental center and meadowlands than msg up until about 02. im just glad im part of the STH family now, i plan to hold the tickets for a very long time. you have them for more than 20 or 30 years right?
I think what you are saying is ridiculous. I have 6 STH,s and try to go to as many games as I can and sell extras(many below face) to offset the expense. I also have a family of 5 and we go to 1 game a month so my kids always ask a friend to go with them. We eat Pizza before the game and it is not so expensive. I work for County Gov,t so I make what would be considered average money. The Rangers is my one luxury that I treat myself to.I make other sacrifices to be able to afford my tickets and would never want to part with them. I love being a part of the Ranger Family and don,t know what you would expect as a new STH. My Brother has had ST,s to the Giants forever and they are considered a classy organization and the Rangers treat their STH,s much better. I think maybe you are living in a fantasyland if you think the Rangers don,t take care of their STH,s. I buy my tickets for the right to enjoy my club and cheer them on not to get a bobblehead or cap!

Giacomin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 12:06 PM
NYRKING30

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris6net View Post
I think what you are saying is ridiculous. I have 6 STH,s and try to go to as many games as I can and sell extras(many below face) to offset the expense. I also have a family of 5 and we go to 1 game a month so my kids always ask a friend to go with them. We eat Pizza before the game and it is not so expensive. I work for County Gov,t so I make what would be considered average money. The Rangers is my one luxury that I treat myself to.I make other sacrifices to be able to afford my tickets and would never want to part with them. I love being a part of the Ranger Family and don,t know what you would expect as a new STH. My Brother has had ST,s to the Giants forever and they are considered a classy organization and the Rangers treat their STH,s much better. I think maybe you are living in a fantasyland if you think the Rangers don,t take care of their STH,s. I buy my tickets for the right to enjoy my club and cheer them on not to get a bobblehead or cap!
why is what im saying ridiculous? 400 dollars is out of the question to spend for a family of 4 on a hockey game including tickets,gas,tolls,food,drinks, maybe beer? if it was my family which is 4 people are going to 1 game, we are gonna want to sit in the 300s. now if its season tickets, if it was my fam im pretty sure we would want the 400s. and when we went to a game we would go eat somewhere in the city and not pizza. like i said before this a hockey message board for DISCUSSION. and that is simply what i was doing, where did i say one time that i was completely pissed off at what they gave or decided to buy season tix because i was more interested in the benefits. i think you saying that spending 400 bucks on a family of 4 to go to a game is a bit ridiculous.

EDIT: forgot to add, also when you get season tickets for the first time your gonna be beyond exciting especially when you live for the rangers, im sure we can all attest to that. your also gonna wanna see what other teams offer their fans as season ticket holders just for the hell of it. im sure the post is somewhere back a few pages.

Old
10-14-2011, 12:15 PM
NYRKING30

anyway lets move on with the season. i know im happy i got my tix. if we all got our tickets then im pretty sure we are happy unless some1 has an obstructed view. i just wish it was 10/27 already, really excited for my first ever home opener and it cant come any sooner

Old
10-14-2011, 01:45 PM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavelich View Post
I just got the stubhub "you're tickets have shipped" email today for two games I bought that I'm sure are coming from a season ticket holder. Same for your tickets I'd guess.

So keep your shirts on debbies/orange crud fan couple from hell, you'll get your tickets.
Yup, got them in the mail today and they are in fact the season ticket.. So feel free to say hi to the Devils/Flyers couple sitting in 406, row E

Sorry for not asking any of the STH on here first.. I just figured you'd all be going to the game since it'll be a big one

Colin226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 01:55 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin226 View Post
Yup, got them in the mail today and they are in fact the season ticket.. So feel free to say hi to the Devils/Flyers couple sitting in 406, row E

Sorry for not asking any of the STH on here first.. I just figured you'd all be going to the game since it'll be a big one
I'd watch out for those seats dude, could be obstructed. Parts of 405 and 406 are obstructed because of the TV booth between them. If anything, I'm sure you'll find some empties around you if the booth is indeed obstructing you.

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 02:47 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Since 98. If you bought my seats and the guy next to me (which we do for people), it would cost you $156 for the tickets. Get pizza before the game (pretty much what my wife and I do every game), should cost no more than $30 for a family of 4. If you drive, there is street parking for free after 6pm in certain areas, if you get stuck in a lot, about $30. Tolls would depend where you live. I am in Staten Island, take the Verrazano in to brooklyn (free) brooklyn bridge to manhattan (free), going home I take the holland tunnel to NJ (free going out of the city) then the bayonne bridge to SI ($8 with EZpass, plus $1 or 2 for the extension of the Jersey Tpke). Total $196 if you park on street, $226 if you put in lot.

Old
10-14-2011, 03:11 PM
NYRKING30

Quote:
Since 98. If you bought my seats and the guy next to me (which we do for people), it would cost you $156 for the tickets. Get pizza before the game (pretty much what my wife and I do every game), should cost no more than $30 for a family of 4. If you drive, there is street parking for free after 6pm in certain areas, if you get stuck in a lot, about $30. Tolls would depend where you live. I am in Staten Island, take the Verrazano in to brooklyn (free) brooklyn bridge to manhattan (free), going home I take the holland tunnel to NJ (free going out of the city) then the bayonne bridge to SI ($8 with EZpass, plus $1 or 2 for the extension of the Jersey Tpke). Total $196 if you park on street, $226 if you put in lot.
yeah well ofcourse thats a possibility too. i live in si as well these damn tolls aint getting any cheaper lol. it depends i guess on the fam..if they are gonna go 2 many games then your plan sounds ideal and is cost friendly.but if its parents like mine where they dont care for it but when we did go they would get pretty decent seats. so basically in a nutshell. if the family has season tickets or goes 2 plenty of games your view works as well. or if its a family like mine where it was once or twice a year, it was an all day thing. my father insists going to wohop everytime but how much grease can you take?

Old
10-14-2011, 04:01 PM
sbjnyc

Back in 93-94 my seats were $23 per ticket which would run about $4,000 per year for 4 (including preseason games). Now 18 years later similar seats are $59 representing an annual increase of a bit over 5%. This isn't too bad all things considered. But over that same time, player salaries have risen much faster (nearly 9% per year) so it goes with the territory, especially if the rangers play at the cap. The lower level seats were always expensive and more geared to corporate entertainment - it's pretty much the same everywhere but the effect is magnified in NYC.

As a STH you can feel the pain of a contract like BR's (ok maybe the pain is imagined).

P.S. In the past few years I received a stick blade signed by Rod Gilbert and an autographed picture of Mike Richter making "The Save" vs Bure. Anyone recall if we're getting anything like that this year? All I remember is that free night at Foxwoods.

sbjnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 05:01 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

I've got the Gilbert stick blade as well which is pretty nice. I've also got a nice picture of the team doing a stick salute, and a keychain as well as a few other trinkets.

Problem is they tie these little perks tonpayment by Amex, which I no longer have.

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 05:02 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
has anyone used their free night at foxwoods yet? did they restrict when you could use it? what kind of room did they give you?

trueblue9441 is offline   Reply With Quote