HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Richards - wow.

Closed Thread

Old
10-21-2005, 05:10 PM
zeke
#TeamReimer

vCash: 500
you guys have watched Carter play, right?

I know it's hard to notice him out there....but you have watched him, no?

Old
10-21-2005, 05:15 PM
Brad*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke

One would be tempted to ask you the very same question.

Old
10-21-2005, 06:36 PM
Coburnfan05

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke

How many times do people have to be told...5 games in no way shape or form makes youoverrated or for that matter underrated...

Old
10-22-2005, 02:54 PM
CharlieGirl

There's an article in the Toronto Sun today on Richards.......

http://www.torontosun.com/Sports/Hoc...73777-sun.html

My favourite part:

For the time being, Richards is focusing on his first appearance on Hockey Night in Canada, a debut that takes place tonight when his Flyers visit the Maple Leafs at the Air Canada Centre. "Like any kid growing up in Canada, I grew up watching it dreaming maybe one day I'd be on there," he said. "There wasn't any particular team I grew up (cheering for). I followed Montreal, Vancouver, you know, the Canadian teams.

"I wasn't part of the Leafs nation, though."

Old
10-26-2005, 08:08 AM
Banger

Richards again with a great game. Nice backside goal on the PP and then he had an amazing receipt of an elevated pass from Zus and in an almost simultaneous motion he passes across the crease to a wide open Savage. Richards was our best player on the ice again last night. Pretty scary considering he's only been in the NHL less than 10 games. I can't remember a rookie ever having this much of an impact so soon into his tenure. The sky seems like the limit for this kid and I have yet to see a defect in any part of his game....

Old
10-26-2005, 09:16 AM
jcpenny

Carter is more like Eric Staal in my opinion, maybe he needs a full year in the AHL and come back stronger next year. Richards style of play is more suited for the NHL right now while Carter still need to define his game.

Old
10-26-2005, 11:03 AM
Eb0la11

I dont know why people keep insisting that Carter is better than Richards. Its the other way around, I dunno how long it'll take people to realize this.

Old
10-26-2005, 11:46 AM
MojoJojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eb0la11
I dont know why people keep insisting that Carter is better than Richards. Its the other way around, I dunno how long it'll take people to realize this.
There was a small minority that felt this way since the day they were drafted, and picked up steam after the AHL playoffs. Right now, there is hardly anyone that is still insisting that Carter is better. Actually I will say that Carter is a lot better than he's getting credit for right now, and its Carter thats underrated, a complete reversal of opinion from over the summer.

Old
10-26-2005, 12:35 PM
Banger

If we are talking this year, yes Richards definitely looks like he will be the better player but over the course of their careers there's no way to make that assessment. Carter is bigger, is a better skater, has great hands but has yet to show his best attributes yet. Just because he hasn't done so with very limited ice time over the 1st 6-7 games of his rookie season doesn't mean anything.

Both guys are what, 20 years old and have played 7 nhl games?

Check this out...

Richards '04-'05 - 43 games, 22 g - 36 a - 58 pts (1.35 ppg)
Carter '04-'05 - 55 games, 34 g - 40 a - 74 pts (1.35 ppg)

Richards (w/Phantoms in playoffs) 14 games, 7 g - 8 a - 15 pts (1.07 ppg)
Carter (w/Phantoms in playoffs) 21 games, 12 g, 11 a - 23 pts (1.09 ppg)

both guys were standouts both in the AHL playoffs and the world juniors. Now 6 months later to say that Richards is much better than Carter is silly. The guys have been neck and neck nearly every step over the past couple years since the Flyers have drafted them. It may take Carter a little while to adjust but he will close the gap and make these "bust"/"over-rated" posts look like typical Flyer fan over reactions.

Closed Thread