HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Edmonton San Jose trade question.

Closed Thread

Old
10-26-2003, 07:58 AM
O.T.

vCash: 500
Edmonton San Jose trade question.

Would you be willing to move Brad Stuart. And if so would Comrie be enought or would their have to be a little bit more coming back to you. I just want to know Stuarts trade value, compared to Comrie and if you think that a deal could work out with these two teams involving these two players.

Thanks

Old
10-26-2003, 09:26 AM
X-SHARKIE

Send a message via AIM to X-SHARKIE
Some people on here are trade happy and say get rid of the Injurey prone Stuart....Not me ... I think Stuart is untouchable. He could be this franchises defensman. I think he means as much to us as Patrick Marleau does. I really do. I dont think he would be moved. If so it would take Comrie and a pick or another player. Hemsky I Like him alot

Old
10-26-2003, 02:18 PM
O.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-SHARKIE
Some people on here are trade happy and say get rid of the Injurey prone Stuart....Not me ... I think Stuart is untouchable. He could be this franchises defensman. I think he means as much to us as Patrick Marleau does. I really do. I dont think he would be moved. If so it would take Comrie and a pick or another player. Hemsky I Like him alot

I like Hemsky alot too! And so does Kevin Lowe, that's why he is our most untradable player right now.

I was thinking something along the lines of:

To SJ:
Comrie
3rd

To Edm:
Stuart

And maybe if we can find a taker for Salo, we could up the 3rd to a second(or take out the pick and throw in Rita), and get Kiprosof(sp?), or Toskala(sp?).

Old
10-27-2003, 02:53 AM
Los Tiburones

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.T.
I like Hemsky alot too! And so does Kevin Lowe, that's why he is our most untradable player right now.

I was thinking something along the lines of:

To SJ:
Comrie
3rd

To Edm:
Stuart

And maybe if we can find a taker for Salo, we could up the 3rd to a second(or take out the pick and throw in Rita), and get Kiprosof(sp?), or Toskala(sp?).
1) I don't think the Salo would work in any deal. (maybe a 3 way) Sharks are trying to peddle a keeper not take one on.
2) I don't think the Sharks will trade Stuart lightly, for once I agree with X-Sharkie that along with Marleau, Stuart is the team's most untouchable player.
3) With that being the case, I don't think Comrie and a mid-round pick would be enough.

Comrie is a definitely a player the Sharks could use, but I'm not sure what the Sharks can afford to give up to get him and still have a useful trade from Edmonton's side.

Old
10-27-2003, 03:14 AM
Cyclops II*

In another thread I proposed trading Stuart if someone offered more than he is worth. IMO Comrie and a 1st round pick would probably fit the bill.
Hemsky does not even belong in this discussion. If I were the Oilers I wouldn't deal Hemsky for Stuart even if Stuart was injury free. Hemsky is more talented than any of the Sharks and it would be difficult for the Sharks to come up with a fair offer without throwing in their 1st in 2004 or Michalek.

Old
10-27-2003, 02:58 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

Hemsky is definetly untradeable for Edmonton. Hes going to be a star.

Stuart is going to be a #1 Defensmen. I don't think you want to trade him for Comrie.

These teams don't seem like trading partners to me.

Closed Thread