HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Walking Dead (Habs lose 4-1 in home opener)

Old
10-13-2011, 10:05 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 500
Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Darche/Moen
Cole-Eller-Gionta
Palushaj-Gomez-Moen/Darche

OR

Cole-Plekanec-Gionta
Kostitsyn-Eller-Darche/Moen
Palushaj-Gomez-Moen/Darche

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:06 PM
Megaforce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
A few weeks ago I predicted that Kostitsyn would pot more goals than Cole.
Hey I predicted that Pouliot would score more goals than Cole and I was mocked widely here. I'm sticking by that one.

Megaforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:07 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

The Habs still need time to hit their stride.

The team is at least decent on paper.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:10 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post
Can someone tell me what happened? I get home from playing hockey and see Habs outshoot them badly including 13-1 in the 3rd period. How did they get killed on the scoreboard?
The lack of experienced defencemen was really apparent. The team was atrocious defensively. Difficult time getting the puck out of the zone, poor positioning and outmuscled easily.

The lack of an energetic and physical 4th line is obvious too. There is no trio that can change momentum in a single shift.

le_sean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:10 PM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaforce View Post
Hey I predicted that Pouliot would score more goals than Cole and I was mocked widely here. I'm sticking by that one.
Pouliot - 3 games played 0 points
Cole - 3 games played 0 points

How can you be so sure? My money is on Cole being more productive than Pouliot. Boston apparently doesn't share your confidence in Pouliot as he is averaging 9 minutes a game.

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:11 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

I see a lot of whining in this thread but I just finished watching the game on my DVR and I thought we vastly outplayed the Flames. The Darche penalty was bullcrap and gave the Flames to go ahead goal that cut our head off. A few bounces our way and we could have won this. I blame Diaz for the third goal but other than that he played a good game. Add Cammalleri and Markov to this roster and we're fine. I saw nothing in this game that makes me scream trade assets for a defenceman. Maybe attach some rockets to Gill's skates but that's it.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:12 PM
Gainey#1*

It is tough with so many injuries.

Having said that, every team deals with injuries.

It is going to be a long year with this group of players I'm afraid.

If Price plays human as he did tonight, we're dead.

After the Avs (who are 3-1), we play the Penguins and Caps.

Gainey#1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:13 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
Solid? You are kidding right? I don't know if he sucked but he wasn't solid, just a Gomez type of game...meh
"Meh" describes him perfectly. Not good, not bad, just a warm body essentially.

If you put Tyler Kennedy, Dominic Moore, Paul Gaustad, or multiple other centers in his place you get similar results. He is an average second liner bordering third liner. He isnt going to win you games on his play.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:15 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
I see a lot of whining in this thread but I just finished watching the game on my DVR and I thought we vastly outplayed the Flames. The Darche penalty was bullcrap and gave the Flames to go ahead goal that cut our head off. A few bounces our way and we could have won this. I blame Diaz for the third goal but other than that he played a good game. Add Cammalleri and Markov to this roster and we're fine. I saw nothing in this game that makes me scream trade assets for a defenceman. Maybe attach some rockets to Gill's skates but that's it.
Exactly how I feel, but its a typical hf boards reaction to a loss, what can you do.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:17 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Saturday will be tough, but we should be wide awake.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:17 PM
MXD

- Emelin was solid and needs a shot on the 2nd PP wave. That's probably much better than having Pleks there.
- Weber was more assertive than I... errhh... ever remembered him to be.
- Damn, I want Ryan White back.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:23 PM
Gary320

Kinda hated the first, but I felt we played better in the other two. Much better than the Flames, but Flames just got those goals.. and well.. thats all you need. You score more, it doesnt matter how bad you play.

What is the new goal song though, I could hardly hear it.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:23 PM
OneSharpMarble

Glad I didn't watch, I can already guess what happened from the 1st page of this thread.

OneSharpMarble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:30 PM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

The Habs screwed up the Winnipeg home opener so karma got us + Calgary needed to win tonight and refs sucked. Stars were alligned for us to loose. Gonna be hard against Colorado but we always rock on Saturday's after a bad performance.

MooseOllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:31 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

What a terrible game. Boring beyond belief too... Cricket is more exciting than this I reckon, and cricket is pretty damn boring.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:43 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekamaniac View Post
It is tough with so many injuries.

Having said that, every team deals with injuries.

It is going to be a long year with this group of players I'm afraid.

If Price plays human as he did tonight, we're dead.

After the Avs (who are 3-1), we play the Penguins and Caps.

no we play buffalo then pens caps

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:44 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule22 View Post
as long as the teams to we are to contend with for a playoff spot keep losing, we can wait for our injured players to come back
The trouble with that line of thought is that the Habs don't seem capable of beating the other contenders head-to-head right now. Face it, the Jets handed the game to the Habs (yes, they are in the East despite playing their home games in Winnipeg). The defensive duo of Byfuglien and Oduya could have performed in a Gilbert and Sullivan comic operetta.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:47 PM
Megaforce

Quote:

How can you be so sure? My money is on Cole being more productive than Pouliot. Boston apparently doesn't share your confidence in Pouliot as he is averaging 9 minutes a game.
For sure the pressure is on the Habs to play Cole more than Boston to play Pouliot because of the money spent. But Cole is old and oft-injured. He even had a broken neck once. And Pouliot is young and improving and hitting his peak years, plus he's as much of a badass with a mean streak as Cole. I think they made a mistake switching those guys.

Megaforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:48 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:

However, the broon board has a Pouliot appreciation thread no joke...

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:57 PM
dre2112

Quote:

Pouliot wasn't brought in at a very high salary to play on the top line and top minutes.

dre2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 11:01 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
The trouble with that line of thought is that the Habs don't seem capable of beating the other contenders head-to-head right now. Face it, the Jets handed the game to the Habs (yes, they are in the East despite playing their home games in Winnipeg). The defensive duo of Byfuglien and Oduya could have performed in a Gilbert and Sullivan comic operetta.
I watch Vancouver as my second team and while they may be the most talented team in the league, they don't look like they'd be able to beat the Habs or a contending team right now. Its the start of the season and everyone is running into the mental traps of small sample sizes. Many people here assume that these calamities only afflict the Habs. I assure you, they do not. Wait 20 games before saying at "blank" player or "blank" team is good or bad this year, simply say weather they had a good or bad game because that's all you have sufficent information to comment upon. At this point an 8-1 win while outshoting 55-12 or 1-8 loss while outshot 12-55 would not sway me in either direction. Because these are single games in a season of 82.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 11:02 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaforce View Post
From what I've seen so far you may be right. By the way, I predicted that Kostitsyn will score more goals than Cole.

Old
10-13-2011, 11:07 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
I watch Vancouver as my second team and while they may be the most talented team in the league, they don't look like they'd be able to beat the Habs or a contending team right now. Its the start of the season and everyone is running into the mental traps of small sample sizes. Many people here assume that these calamities only afflict the Habs. I assure you, they do not. Wait 20 games before saying at "blank" player or "blank" team is good or bad this year, simply say weather they had a good or bad game because that's all you have sufficent information to comment upon. At this point an 8-1 win while outshoting 55-12 or 1-8 loss while outshot 12-55 would not sway me in either direction. Because these are single games in a season of 82.
In the case of the Habs it's because they're laboring without the services of some key players. Their D looks particularly vulnerable. As for the Canucks, I'd say that Luongo is letting them down.

Old
10-13-2011, 11:07 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
I understand you may not care at this point but has anyone figured out their new goal song yet?

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...=sb:highlights

If not then, looking forward for Saturday's game. It'd be greatly appreciate if the Habs could beat the Avs in regulation time.

Last edited by Fel 96: 10-13-2011 at 11:21 PM.
Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 11:19 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
Yet I saw a Montreal team that passed the puck poorly, were often out of position, couldn't hit the net and were out of position in the defensive zone.

Team needs some sandpaper to change the momentum in a game.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote