HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ales Hemsky Shoulder Injury

Old
10-14-2011, 12:17 AM
Jepprey
Creeper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JadenOil View Post
Hey people, face reality, this team sucks without Hemsky. RNH and Hall can't carry this team. We don't have that true elite player in this team so get ready for more tankage. Maybe Yakupov can be our saviour, if not, we'll just tank a few more years.

If Hall or RNH was so great, why didn't they finish the game off? Same goes with MPS and Eberle, theses guys have all shown nothing so far. One garbage goal by RNH in game one and everyone was parading.

We need a healthy Hemsky or this team is going to get buried in the dumps for the 3rd straight year.
LOL. wtf

Jepprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 12:17 AM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Pittsburgh has an elite team Malkin or no Malkin. I'm sure those fans can manage.
No they don't.
Quote:
Gaborik's played 138 games over the past two years and is a 40 goal scorer. The Rangers' took a gamble yeah, but he's not as big of a gamble as Hemsky.
He was badly injured last year and played like it.

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 12:25 AM
Pourinthecoal

Not sure if its major or not but what a deal-io with Hemmer. There was talk that he was hurt before the season. This definately validates this claim. He's battling a major injury, I hope its not for too long. The same ol' story gets old but what can he do? He's still one of my faves, doesn't matter on his character.

Pourinthecoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 12:26 AM
Halibut

Quote:

If Hall or RNH was so great, why didn't they finish the game off? Same goes with MPS and Eberle, theses guys have all shown nothing so far. One garbage goal by RNH in game one and everyone was parading.

We need a healthy Hemsky or this team is going to get buried in the dumps for the 3rd straight year.
So what exactly did Hemsky accomplish while Hopkins was scoring that garbage goal?

Halibut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 12:29 AM
awesomo
HARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibut View Post
So what exactly did Hemsky accomplish while Hopkins was scoring that garbage goal?
decoy by skating across the net

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 12:38 AM
HotToddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
If he has hurt his shoulder again his trade value is kaput at this point.

I would consider re-signing him, but only in the 1-2 year $4 mill (and that means $4 mill even, not a penny more) range and that's only if he even suits up for at least 50 games this year.

Worst thing about this is he finally looked like he was developing real chemistry with RNH and Hall.
So if his agent asked for $4,020,250.00 you say no? I find that hard to believe

HotToddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 12:46 AM
Muscles Glasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerBob View Post
Tomorrow's Paper

I would like to read an article that isn't 10 months old.

Muscles Glasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 12:51 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavaresmagicalplay View Post
No they don't.
106 points without Malkin and Crosby for much of 2010/2011 screams elite team to me.

Quote:
He was badly injured last year and played like it.
I'll agree with this.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 12:54 AM
Deus

Real shame. He can control the pace of the game unlike any other player on the roster right now.

Deus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 12:55 AM
Klaus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomo View Post
decoy by skating across the net
It should also be remembered that Hemsky had Hall & RNH flying in the first 10 minutes tonight before he left the game.

Amazing how this player doesn't get any credit whatsoever from some.

Klaus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 01:00 AM
Tyrolean

So many idiotic cheap shot comments. Hope he's okay and just misses one game or less. The team sure sagged when he was out.

Tyrolean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 01:10 AM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Quote:
106 points without Malkin and Crosby for much of 2010/2011 screams elite team to me..
They were fourth and got most of their points with Malkin and Crosby in the lineup. What they did was no more impressive than what the Avalanche did with Smyth Stastny and Sakic out years back. It was a total anomaly. They're a 6-9 seed without Malkin and Crosby. Average goaltending great defense and mediocre up front.

Old
10-14-2011, 01:17 AM
edmontonoilers89

Quote:
They were fourth and got most of their points with Malkin and Crosby in the lineup. What they did was no more impressive than what the Avalanche did with Smyth Stastny and Sakic out years back. It was a total anomaly. They're a 6-9 seed without Malkin and Crosby. Average goaltending great defense and mediocre up front.
Crosby played 41 games last year and Malkin played 43. That's barely half a season with both of them in the lineup. They are a well coached team and are used to winning, simple as that.

edmontonoilers89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 01:18 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Fine, in any which case, 6-9 seeds (I disagree about them being on the outside looking in at 9, but anyway) are just a dream for us.

They're still a solid team.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 01:18 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Hey people, face reality, this team sucks without Hemsky. RNH and Hall can't carry this team. We don't have that true elite player in this team so get ready for more tankage. Maybe Yakupov can be our saviour, if not, we'll just tank a few more years.

I am the Liquor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 01:20 AM
Dorian2
Positional Bias.

Because of the lack of anything obvious regarding why he's out, that leads me to believe he is/was not 100% healthy, as some posters have alluded to. I don't think everyone should get their hackles up just yet. I'd prefer to wait and see what the news on Hemsky is from the team. Hopefully just precautionary. Oilers are being very careful with a couple of the players right now.

Dorian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 01:21 AM
awesomo
HARD!

The clip on TSN.ca shows Hemsky flexing his shoulder in the first shot.

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 01:25 AM
I am the Liquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
Because of the lack of anything obvious regarding why he's out, that leads me to believe he is/was not 100% healthy, as some posters have alluded to. I don't think everyone should get their hackles up just yet. I'd prefer to wait and see what the news on Hemsky is from the team. Hopefully just precautionary. Oilers are being very careful with a couple of the players right now.
If they were being careful, and they knew he was hurting, then he wouldnt have been in the lineup. So, I dont think they are being careful. I think he is hurt. Again. We will see.

Old
10-14-2011, 01:27 AM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

The training staff should be fired if they let hemsky go out there when he wasn't 100%. I am seriously pissed. This guy was saying all of camp he wasn't ready and then they just threw him out there in game 1.

Old
10-14-2011, 01:43 AM
I am the Liquor

Quote:
The training staff should be fired if they let hemsky go out there when he wasn't 100%. I am seriously pissed. This guy was saying all of camp he wasn't ready and then they just threw him out there in game 1.
Hmmmm.........this sounds familiar.

Cant........quite........put..........my.......... finger...........on it..................

Old
10-14-2011, 01:53 AM
Arpeggio

Quote:
I don't recall Hemsky saying he wasn't ready. I remember he said two preseason games was sufficient.

Arpeggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 02:22 AM
judge301

Ironic, in the pre game clip it showed Ales in a hospital visiting kids. I wonder if he was there to see the kids or just stopped by on a routine visit???

judge301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 03:35 AM
Baggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by judge301 View Post
Ironic, in the pre game clip it showed Ales in a hospital visiting kids. I wonder if he was there to see the kids or just stopped by on a routine visit???
Asking them if they want to trade shoulders?

Baggers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 03:44 AM
OilerBoy888*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live4Dogs View Post
It should also be remembered that Hemsky had Hall & RNH flying in the first 10 minutes tonight before he left the game.

Amazing how this player doesn't get any credit whatsoever from some.
No kidding, Hall and RNH were dead after. If Hall wants to be the leader, he should've stepped up. I don't care if he's only 19 or whatever. Crosby didn't bend over like a bum at 19. This team is full of dead souls. Seriously, without Hemsky, this season is another writeoff. I don't think the other players we have will ever get to Hemsky's skill level.

OilerBoy888* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 03:47 AM
Bryanbryoil
The Oilers Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Dynasty View Post
ever wonder how valuable Hemmer is? the 1st line has been deathly silent since his injury

still, dude is made of glass....doubt he plays half a season
Yes because Hall could do nothing w/out Hemsky last year. They'll be fine once Hall learns to try not to do everything himself and always force the issue. IMO the kid has been out of sorts since the preseason. When he gets going though, look the **** out.