HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

JM got balls

Old
10-13-2011, 07:54 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Why? I could do the same job that JM does and get the same result. Sit behind the bench, jot a few notes down and not win a Stanley Cup.
i meant: especially you

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 08:32 PM
BeerHell

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
If you are wanting to win 2nd Place, Jacques Martin is head and shoulders above the majority of the other NHL coaches.

Dont take this personally. I am merely making an observation.

The biggest majority of posters here have never seen the Canadiens (live......not on YouTube) skate on the ice as they are carrying the Stanley Cup held high above their heads and passing it on to their teammates. They did not feel the joy and exhiliration of the Habs winning another Cup as we watched it either in the Forum or on TV. Nothing, and I mean nothing.......not even watching my favorite football team, the Green Bay Packers win the Super Bowl last year.........compares to that feeling. (sports related, of course )

So I see people posting here happy that JM got us to the playoffs and even to the E. final series. Sorry, but that is not even close to the ultimate goal. That is just an average season.......which unfortunately has become the norm in Montreal and is accepted as success. And along with that, Jacques Martin is just an average coach who has been around long enough to run up some wins and participate in 1000 games without a Cup.......which is just an average career.

We need new blood in Montreal so some of you younger posters can finally understand what it feels like to win the Cup. Martin will not get you there. (sadly because I think he will be here for a while longer)
E finals is average season I guess if you call being one of the top four clubs of the season average, then Yes I understand why you would be disapointed by anything but a stanley cup then

Like I said I am not a fan of JM, what I was pointing out is being told:" I do not like the guy, he sucks, because he has accomplished nothing in this league because he hasn't won a cup"

so even though I do not like him, I can admit that 1000 games in the NHL and 600 wins is quite an accomplishment, How many average coach can claim the same, or is he the only one. And not winning the stanley cup is not the definition of a bad coach, I can list a long list of coach, good coach, that never won the Stanley Cup. And some pretty bad ones, Jean Perron, who won the cup and that doesn't make them great coaches.

you like Football? I guess Marv Levy, Marty Schottenheimer, Dan Reeves and Andy Reid were pretty average coach I mean they never won the Super Bowl

and don't worry about me I'm old enough that I have witnessed the cup being lifted twice, but I do agree we need new blood, but I guess he has, including this one, only two seasons left

BeerHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 09:25 PM
dre2112

I think you meant to say brains or heart, not balls

dre2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 09:35 PM
kassian

He's got balls to put Plekanec at the point even though it hasn't provided any fire to PP. What kind of coach is he to continually do something that clearly hasn't worked?

kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 11:01 PM
dre2112

It makes 0 sense because Martin will bench someone or drop them to the 4th line for one bad shift, but the current PP setup blows chunks and Martin doesn't make a single adjustmenet

dre2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 11:14 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodson Hoggs View Post
He's got balls to put Plekanec at the point even though it hasn't provided any fire to PP. What kind of coach is he to continually do something that clearly hasn't worked?
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Bourne Endeavor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 11:29 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodson Hoggs View Post
Good ole ONE TIMER Martin saw Pleks do a great job one time at point. So now we are stuck with it.

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 07:27 AM
gillyguzzler

Did Jacques Martin have the balls to bench his captain for two stupid penalties? Nope. But big balls Martin is quick to use his big balls power to bench his whipping boys for less.

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 07:39 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
Did Jacques Martin have the balls to bench his captain for two stupid penalties? Nope. But big balls Martin is quick to use his big balls power to bench his whipping boys for less.
Cole is now his new whipping boy.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 08:15 AM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhiteIdea View Post
The day this dope, JM, gets fired will be one of the better days in Habs history since 1993.
If he goes we can bring up Boucher. Oops, forgot we let him walk because JM was here.

AllCanadienFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 08:36 AM
BeerHell

So you guys ever tried something new in your whole life, a new job, a new sport? we're you perfect the first few times? did you stop trying and just quit?
I mean it takes time to adjust and settle in that's all, not giving yet isn't a bad thing.....

do you realize that in the same message one of you is even complaining that sometimes when he tries something and it doesn't work the first he send a player to the 4th line and that's bad, now he's convince this PP might works, sticks with it for 3 games and his stubborn man?

again it's a no win situation for PG, JM and the coaching staff here and it has been this way for a while now even past management I do not remember the 70's but I remember complains like this for as long as I can remember even in 86 and 93...

Old
10-14-2011, 09:22 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllCanadienFan View Post
If he goes we can bring up Boucher. Oops, forgot we let him walk because JM was here.
Since we're using one game as a measuring stick I might as well play along...

You mean your hero Boucher who just lost 5-1 to the Islanders? Geez, better fire him!

What the hell do you guys expect JM to do when Yanick Weber is your best defenseman out there? Have you even stopped and looked at our depleted roster and especially our D last night?

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 09:44 AM
BeerHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Since we're using one game as a measuring stick I might as well play along...

You mean your hero Boucher who just lost 5-1 to the Islanders? Geez, better fire him!

What the hell do you guys expect JM to do when Yanick Weber is your best defenseman out there? Have you even stopped and looked at our depleted roster and especially our D last night?
Well that's actually JM 's Fault for putting a gun to PG's head and forcing him not to hire tough player, I mean with Konoipka and Rupp on board, our mediocre attack would have won that game 6 - 1 last night