HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The avs beat the **** out of us, and other panic-related stuff

Old
10-14-2011, 07:17 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftwin View Post
Panic? I ain't even mad brah
I was honestly angrier at the d-bags in section 310 who were ruining everyone's night than I was the product on the ice.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 07:21 AM
HSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiteness View Post
Well, if Anderson had played like this at the end of last year, we'd have RNH or Landeskog on our team right now.
if the whole team played like this for the last part of the season we would have RNH

HSF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 07:22 AM
BK201

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensjersey11 View Post
I was honestly angrier at the d-bags in section 310 who were ruining everyone's night than I was the product on the ice.
What happened there?

BK201 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 07:24 AM
Cujomi
Hart en Ziel

To be fair this is the first game we've played that I've actually been upset with our effort level. No fault on Anderson last night. He could have maybe stolen us the first and second games against Detroit or Toronto if he had played better, but last night wasn't his fault at all.

That was team effort level pure and simple. We just didn't show up for the game and that was depressing.

Cujomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 07:44 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
What happened there?
Just 6 or 7 guys who wouldn't shut up the whole game.

Like, cheer all you want, you know? But 100 people sitting around you doesn't need to hear "How much are they paying you, (player x)?!?" every 5 seconds. To every player on the Sens. And then when they ran out of Sens names, they moved on to Avs players.

Just bros being bros.

I mean, take a breath before you pass out, guys. And come up with some new material. We all know how much they're paid. You asking for 3 periods, with every breath you draw, at the top of your lungs, isn't going to change it either.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 08:08 AM
slamigo
Skate or Die!

Awesome! We need to get that new scoreboard ASAP now and play Nicholas Cage losing his **** after every goal scored, for or against.

Ottawa goal scored by number 55, Sergei Gonnnnnnnnnchhhhhhharrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ugh, ugh, ugh, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHH!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

pure awesomeness

slamigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 08:17 AM
SelleckStache

vCash: 50
Lets tank for 2 seasons. Get the highly skilled Russian and the phenom from Cole Harbour

SelleckStache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 08:38 AM
Cujomi
Hart en Ziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelleckStache View Post
Lets tank for 2 seasons. Get the highly skilled Russian and the phenom from Cole Harbour
Sean Monahan is the same year as MacKinnon and looks better so far IMO.

Old
10-14-2011, 08:40 AM
Iamok
#Panic

It's pretty funny how bitter some people come across as when they still bring up the team losing it's draft position last year. You'd think after how long it's been and how impressive MZ has been, it'd be no big deal by now.

Iamok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 08:43 AM
Max Power

Quote:
Well, if Anderson had played like this at the end of last year, we'd have RNH or Landeskog on our team right now.

Completely agree
Saying that, it’s only 4 games so he can still bounce back. If not then add him to the long list of goaltending busts. Hopefully it’s not the latter

Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 08:44 AM
Indy on the Road
From the ground up

The team isn't very good. Not sure how this is a news flash to anyone.

Indy on the Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 08:48 AM
Suiteness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamok View Post
It's pretty funny how bitter some people come across as when they still bring up the team losing it's draft position last year. You'd think after how long it's been and how impressive MZ has been, it'd be no big deal by now.
It's more a critique of Anderson than anything else. So essentially, nothing is his fault, the team in front of him is a joke, etc.

His stats in Ottawa last year: 2.05 GAA, .939 sv%
His stats this year: 5.07 GAA, .853 sv%

Was our team better last year? Considering the disparity in numbers, you would think we went from Shea Weber, Chris Pronger and Drew Doughty to Kuba, Gonchar and Phillips.

Suiteness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 08:51 AM
Greeningfan14

To anyone who is panicking or saying "OMG we suck!!!", get used to this.
This is what rebuilds are all about. It's not going to be pretty but once our prospects get going, we will be a competitive team again.
As to anyone saying we should draft Nail Yakupov, should be have a top 2 pick, I would personally trade down to around 4th-6th to draft Filip Forsberg. Not only is he a solid winger, but he adds to the Swedish movement
Anyway, cheers to a season which will be filled with ups and downs, more downs.

Greeningfan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 08:53 AM
FlapjackSilver

Wow, going over these posts it seems we're taking the loss pretty well .

I yearn for the point in time this year where everyone can sit back, relax, and watch our prospects develop into (hopefully) everyday NHL players.

Jay-Z said it best boys: "On to the Next One".

FlapjackSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 08:54 AM
ChocolateLeclaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamok View Post
I still think Mark Scheifle is going to be the best player out of that draft two years from now and the same mingers complaining about how well our team played down the stretch will then complain about how they couldn't win two more games than Atlanta so they could get him.

Anyone who can't seem to understand why Anderson is struggling behind this team now compared to last year doesn't get hockey. Last year's team were plugged into Clouston's system and never gave up as many goal scoring opportunities as this team is doing now. Check out the shot chart and see how many goals were scored within 5 feet of Anderson.

Please explain to me which "so-so" goals he let in? People's expectations of the guy now based on his ability to steal games is bordering on ridiculous. Luongo's got a sve percentage of .855 and a goals against near 4.00. You think fans are blaming him or the Canucks team D? Vokoun on a much better Washington team is sitting at .890 with a 3.29.

In fact, here are the "bottom" tier goalies in the NHL right now...

Cam Ward CAR .885
Dwayne Roloson TAM .883
Jonas Hiller ANA .875
Jaroslav Halak STL .857
Roberto Luongo VAN .855
Craig Anderson OTT .853
Ondrej Pavelec WPG .833

ChocolateLeclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 09:03 AM
Shanny
Coming In Hot

I'm going to go ahead and assume Smith will be suspended for the next game, so basically this will be our lineup against Washington

Greening-Spezza-Zibanejad
Michalek-Da Costa-Alfie
Foligno-Regin-Neil
Condra-Konopka-Butler

Phillips-Rundblad
Cowen-Gonchar
Kuba-Karlsson

Auld

Here's hoping MacLean just lets Andy sit for a game. Really hoping we aren't embarassed on Saturday...

Shanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 09:15 AM
Iamok
#Panic

Quote:
It's more a critique of Anderson than anything else. So essentially, nothing is his fault, the team in front of him is a joke, etc.

His stats in Ottawa last year: 2.05 GAA, .939 sv%
His stats this year: 5.07 GAA, .853 sv%

Was our team better last year? Considering the disparity in numbers, you would think we went from Shea Weber, Chris Pronger and Drew Doughty to Kuba, Gonchar and Phillips.
Wasn't really a dig at what you said, as I understood what you meant. Just referencing how often I still hear people complain about last year is all.

Iamok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 09:20 AM
Afro Thunder*

Our biggest problem right now is not being able to bring the puck out of our zone cleanly, other teams know that we have a slow soft defence so they just forecheck like a mother****er, our forwards stand still and wait for the puck instead of helping the D bring the puck out and start the breakout. The only time I saw a forward helping out was Greening when he said **** it I'll do it myself.

Afro Thunder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 09:37 AM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afro Thunder View Post
Our biggest problem right now is not being able to bring the puck out of our zone cleanly, other teams know that we have a slow soft defence so they just forecheck like a mother****er, our forwards stand still and wait for the puck instead of helping the D bring the puck out and start the breakout. The only time I saw a forward helping out was Greening when he said **** it I'll do it myself.
This is a good point.

I must say that this is the softest Sens defence core I have watched in a long time. I was so used to seeing the (real)Phillips, Smith, Volchenkov, etc. over the last decade and this is just a shock.

It's not like the size is missing. It's a relatively big blueline, but just so soft. Much smaller Avs forwards like Galiardi, Landeskog, O'Reilly, etc. were just dominating any play in the corner or front of the net.

A big, nasty defenseman would do your team alot of good.

Anyways, forget about this one and move onto the next one. As an Avs fan who endured an NHL record losing streak last season, I know it can be tough to see the light at the end of the tunnel, but better days are ahead. The potential for your team is there and more, quality pieces are still to be added.

Keep the faith, guys.

TwoPadStack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 09:50 AM
Cujomi
Hart en Ziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanny View Post
I'm going to go ahead and assume Smith will be suspended for the next game, so basically this will be our lineup against Washington

Greening-Spezza-Zibanejad
Michalek-Da Costa-Alfie
Foligno-Regin-Neil
Condra-Konopka-Butler

Phillips-Rundblad
Cowen-Gonchar
Kuba-Karlsson

Auld

Here's hoping MacLean just lets Andy sit for a game. Really hoping we aren't embarassed on Saturday...
Why would Smith be suspended for a game?

Old
10-14-2011, 09:51 AM
Cowen Time

This may be the regular season for the league, but for the Sens it's an extended training camp to evaluate who is going to stick and who isn't. Still to many bodies in Ottawa and lots of platooning game to game with guys sitting out.

Cowen Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 09:59 AM
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free

vCash: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJam613 View Post
To be fair this is the first game we've played that I've actually been upset with our effort level. No fault on Anderson last night. He could have maybe stolen us the first and second games against Detroit or Toronto if he had played better, but last night wasn't his fault at all.

That was team effort level pure and simple. We just didn't show up for the game and that was depressing.
This, especially the bolded part.

It was the effort level that hurt. The first three games were amazing; the kids were really trying to do their best and made a few good plays. Best of all, the games were exciting and the guys never quit. Who cares if we lost 2 out of 3? You could see the potential and passion on the ice.

Last night, it looked like MacLean made the guys run a 25k marathon a few hours before the game. They had absolutely no gas at all. I'm just at a loss to figure out why? It's not like any of the youngesters (aside from Da Costa) have really earned a permanent spot yet.

Nac Mac Feegle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 10:20 AM
enviro61

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
This is a good point.

I must say that this is the softest Sens defence core I have watched in a long time. I was so used to seeing the (real)Phillips, Smith, Volchenkov, etc. over the last decade and this is just a shock.

It's not like the size is missing. It's a relatively big blueline, but just so soft. Much smaller Avs forwards like Galiardi, Landeskog, O'Reilly, etc. were just dominating any play in the corner or front of the net.

A big, nasty defenseman would do your team alot of good.

Anyways, forget about this one and move onto the next one. As an Avs fan who endured an NHL record losing streak last season, I know it can be tough to see the light at the end of the tunnel, but better days are ahead. The potential for your team is there and more, quality pieces are still to be added.

Keep the faith, guys.

We let Chara go so we could hold on to Wade
We let Volchie go so we could win the cup that year
We let Sutton go because we needed more skill

enviro61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 10:22 AM
ShotDownCrosby

I must say, this thread has been a good read.

Like most ppl here have said, these games are sorta a package deal with a rebuild. Its a little painful to watch, and I hope we get better, but it will happen more often this season.

The one thing I was a little upset about was lack of team effort. We got the first goal, but then just stopped playing. The other games, at least we showed some fight to the end and the games really could have gone either way.

But, this is a learning point, and hopefully the team doesn`t get too bummed but instead it makes the team just work harder next game.

ShotDownCrosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 10:27 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJam613 View Post
Sean Monahan is the same year as MacKinnon and looks better so far IMO.
Please elaborate.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote