HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

**Official** NHL 12 EASHL Teams Thread: V2.0

Closed Thread

Old
10-13-2011, 05:12 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
I think the HF team is getting better and better on offensive. It's fun to watch and be part of it!
It's easy when you're playing with Allurey. The guy twists and turns around 2-3 players when he has the puck and always puts it on your stick when you're open in front of the net.

You and your brother were pretty solid last night on defense. Glad your bro got his first point with the club.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
10-13-2011, 08:58 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
It's easy when you're playing with Allurey. The guy twists and turns around 2-3 players when he has the puck and always puts it on your stick when you're open in front of the net.

You and your brother were pretty solid last night on defense. Glad your bro got his first point with the club.
Thx! I'm liking more and more playing wings though! I like to be a big powerforward who crash the net!

Old
10-13-2011, 09:03 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Quote:
Thx! I'm liking more and more playing wings though! I like to be a big powerforward who crash the net!
Don't crash too hard though, like I did last night.

Old
10-13-2011, 09:26 AM
pine

Lol, if you crash to hard, penalties will ensue. The league knows that it has to protect its goaltenders.

Old
10-13-2011, 09:41 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

When I play goalie in OTP I purposely bump into people standing in front of the net to draw penalties.

Old
10-13-2011, 10:02 AM
pine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
When I play goalie in OTP I purposely bump into people standing in front of the net to draw penalties.
Ticks me off when it happens. I'm trying to perfect my role as Tomas Holmstrom ffs.

Old
10-13-2011, 08:43 PM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

Looking for talented wingers for my EASHL team.
We're pretty good.

PM me your Gamtertag.

Old
10-13-2011, 09:08 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldies View Post
Looking for talented wingers for my EASHL team.
We're pretty good.

PM me your Gamtertag.
team page?

Old
10-14-2011, 09:32 AM
EddyK

You know, its rare that I come here and posts but I gotta get this off my chest.
HF MTL, I dont know if you dont care about improving as a team but some of us do.
To get to the point, its getting quite annoying that EVERYTIME you play club games, as soon as you fall behind by a Goal, must of you quit like it is impossible to get 2 goals and win. Ex: Yesterday, there was 5 of us and we were playing a club with a human goalie and as soon as we got scored once (in the early going), both our D and Center quit and logged off, we end up losing that game in OT outshooting them 3 to 1. This is just one example of many. Before some come here and reply "we dont care about banners, etc", I dont either. But it's annoying that what I describe above is becoming the rule and not the exception. If I am in the wrong here someone tell me please. End of rant/

Old
10-14-2011, 12:03 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyK View Post
You know, its rare that I come here and posts but I gotta get this off my chest.
HF MTL, I dont know if you dont care about improving as a team but some of us do.
To get to the point, its getting quite annoying that EVERYTIME you play club games, as soon as you fall behind by a Goal, must of you quit like it is impossible to get 2 goals and win. Ex: Yesterday, there was 5 of us and we were playing a club with a human goalie and as soon as we got scored once (in the early going), both our D and Center quit and logged off, we end up losing that game in OT outshooting them 3 to 1. This is just one example of many. Before some come here and reply "we dont care about banners, etc", I dont either. But it's annoying that what I describe above is becoming the rule and not the exception. If I am in the wrong here someone tell me please. End of rant/
Me and Crimson lagged out and waited 5 minutes to see if anyone else was going to get lagged out too. I didn't have too many experiences like you've described, but knowing myself, I don't feel at all concerned.

and the score was 0-0, so it's not like we even quit while losing :S.

Last edited by Jack Bourdain: 10-14-2011 at 12:20 PM.
Old
10-14-2011, 01:06 PM
LyricalLyricist

I don't mean to troll, nor instigate, but how does HF MTL have a losing record? I ask because while I know you guys aren't top 10 elite, this is still surprising. I consider you WAY better than that.

Old
10-14-2011, 03:26 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I don't mean to troll, nor instigate, but how does HF MTL have a losing record? I ask because while I know you guys aren't top 10 elite, this is still surprising. I consider you WAY better than that.
Right now, we struggle with offense... We often loose game 2-1 or 2-0... We're good in our zone but we're getting better and better in offensive zone!

BTW, boys, i have a big annoucement to make! I've got a new mic!!!

That means:

Old
10-14-2011, 04:28 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
It's about damn time Hanni. I'll be on during the weekend, but not as much as usual. I would tonight but it's my five year wedding anniversary, so my time will be spent solely on my wife.

To Eddy: Probably should check with the people you are calling out first, to make sure why they left. As Jack said, both he and I were lagging bad and eventually lagged out. By the time I lagged out, a goal against us happened and I was barely in the play due to the lag. The only times I quit are when lagging is costing the team or if we just give up 4-5 goals in the first ten minutes of the game.

Old
10-14-2011, 05:23 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Right now, we struggle with offense... We often loose game 2-1 or 2-0... We're good in our zone but we're getting better and better in offensive zone!

BTW, boys, i have a big annoucement to make! I've got a new mic!!!

That means:

This is about it. Personally speaking, my game lacks creativity. I seem to get stuck in a routine and breaking out from it seems to make me even worse. I'm a pass first kind of guy, but I do take my fair share of shots. The shots are usually very low percentage and the only time I score goals is from 2 feet out of the net. So I pride myself on making beautiful passes, which I'm very well able to with my 90+ pass attribute, I've put a lot of you guys on breakaways from deep in our zone. However, when there are no passing lanes available and I'm forced to carry the puck out myself, I seem to bite on the incoming opposing player and run straight into them and effectively creating a turnover.

Old
10-14-2011, 05:52 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Comon, boys, bring ur a$$ online right now!

Old
10-14-2011, 06:00 PM
Habitants

i was with you on that one eddy. i never quit games. but i had a feeling we had som e players lag out on that one.

current record is a little disappointing we will see if we can fix that. im starting to play a little more regularly now. also i just picked up a used copy of the game for my friend so we should invite him to the team. he plays wing and can score. i have good chemistry with him. ill tell him to send a join request once he gets up and running.

Old
10-14-2011, 06:55 PM
overlords
Hfboards

anyone on tonight? We had some 6 v6 stuff last night which was a learning experience, but we've still got a ways to go.

Old
10-14-2011, 06:56 PM
dronald

Sure, hopeing to play some more top 20 teams, work on our 6's and kick some ass.

Old
10-14-2011, 07:00 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by dronald View Post
Sure, hopeing to play some more top 20 teams, work on our 6's and kick some ass.
Gotta work on our dump-ins as well.

Old
10-14-2011, 07:17 PM
pine

Is it me or are ea servers ducking up big time?

Old
10-15-2011, 12:22 AM
LyricalLyricist

I fixed a friend's ps3, updated his rosters, gave him back his ps3, he texted me just now saying i left my cd inside. lol I might not be playing this weekend.

Old
10-15-2011, 12:31 AM
pine

Old
10-15-2011, 01:00 AM
A1
Set Sail For Fail

Face palm......

Old
10-15-2011, 10:17 AM
Habitants

Quote:
Comon, boys, bring ur a$$ online right now!
good couple games last night!
sorry i had to bail just after we were gaining momentum

we had some nice chemistry, and when Allurey came on it was good too. we need to keep playing as a team and develop our plays. i think we have good potential. it is still early in the season!

Old
10-15-2011, 10:18 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitants View Post
good couple games last night!
sorry i had to bail just after we were gaining momentum

we had some nice chemistry, and when Allurey came on it was good too. we need to keep playing as a team and develop our plays. i think we have good potential. it is still early in the season!
Yeah, absolutely! We played 4 games yesterday and we won those 4 games! We're getting there!

Closed Thread