HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Walking Dead (Habs lose 4-1 in home opener)

Old
10-14-2011, 08:30 AM
SAKS AVENUE

vCash: 500
On another note

Read at HIO, Pat Hickeys column, that scalpers were saying there were tonnes of tickets left for the game. A home opener? Premium game?

Have we finally hit the wall? Are fans of Montreal finally going to say "PRICES are too high!!!"

"Ice a boring little team that gets pushed around and we won't watch"

Good on you Montreal people.....Good on you.

I live in Nashville and can only see the Habs once every two years. I bought tickets a few seasons ago for myself and a bunch of friends in hopes to get them into hockey a bit. $125.00 a ticket a row back from the glass. 2-0 Preds win and the most boring effort from the Habs I'd ever seen.

Home opener 2012 and that's what they bring? 400.00? Hopefully there will be changes. This team needs help.

SAKS AVENUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 08:34 AM
Beakermania*

3 games.... WE NEED CHANGES!! FIRE EVERYBODY! TOUGHNESS! FIGHTING! JM IS AN IDIOT!!! CHANGE THE LINES

Only in montreal.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 08:39 AM
SAKS AVENUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
3 games.... WE NEED CHANGES!! FIRE EVERYBODY! TOUGHNESS! FIGHTING! JM IS AN IDIOT!!! CHANGE THE LINES

Only in montreal.

It's been more then 3 games. It's been years......and don't bring up last two, three year play-offs. It's not much fun watching your team score one or two goals and then weather the storm blocking shots for 45 minutes.

Maby it's the new NHL, but I'd rather have a team that hits, protects each other scores goals and is fun to watch even if results are the same ore a little worse.

This kind of play has been going on for far too long.

SAKS AVENUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 08:44 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Carmoni View Post
Anyone know what the new goal song is?
Age of pamparius- turbonegro

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 08:44 AM
capnk

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post

Darche's penalty was a joke. I don't complain about calls as much as a lot of people, but that was just bad.
Looked like a legit penalty to me. He tripped the guy with his stick.

capnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 08:45 AM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAKS AVENUE View Post
Read at HIO, Pat Hickeys column, that scalpers were saying there were tonnes of tickets left for the game. A home opener? Premium game?

Have we finally hit the wall? Are fans of Montreal finally going to say "PRICES are too high!!!"

I live in Nashville and can only see the Habs once every two years. I bought tickets a few seasons ago for myself and a bunch of friends in hopes to get them into hockey a bit. $125.00 a ticket a row back from the glass. 2-0 Preds win and the most boring effort from the Habs I'd ever seen.

Home opener 2012 and that's what they bring? 400.00? Hopefully there will be changes. This team needs help.
I sincerely hope so. This is the only act that will change the culture of this organization.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 08:49 AM
capnk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
On the subject of Gomez, while I do not believe his performance thus far has been anything noteworthy. I can partly give him the benefit of the doubt based on how useless Gionta has been. Pacioretty seems to be getting his stride back but Gionta has simply been invisible. Even when he has the puck, nothing seems to jell. I'll give the team ten games before I make any wild evaluations of the roster. I will say though Cole needs to step it up.
Agreed. I've been watching Gionta as well and the play often seems to fizzle out as soon as he gets the puck.

capnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 08:53 AM
Gainey#1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnk View Post
Looked like a legit penalty to me. He tripped the guy with his stick.
He clearly knocked the puck back to the defense first.

Gainey#1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 09:08 AM
Gainey#1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
Age of pamparius- turbonegro

That is our goal song?!

Gainey#1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 09:13 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekamaniac View Post
That is our goal song?!

not enough U2 for you?

god forbid they dont go with mainstream music

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 09:17 AM
Kriss E

Quote:

Well, if Scalpers had tickets, then that means the Bell Center sold them right?
If the Scalpers didn't re-sell them, maybe they're boosting prices up as well. You think they're selling it at the same cost?
The 400$ ticket is for some of the best in the house. The ticket prices went up, but it isn't that bad, it's only a couple more bucks unless I'm mistaken.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 09:18 AM
Et le But

Quote:

The game didn't sell out because the team lacks enforcers.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 09:27 AM
Aeneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
If the Scalpers didn't re-sell them, maybe they're boosting prices up as well. You think they're selling it at the same cost?
The 400$ ticket is for some of the best in the house. The ticket prices went up, but it isn't that bad, it's only a couple more bucks unless I'm mistaken.
The club tweeted the day before that there were still some tickets available

Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 09:29 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
The difference this year, between a regular game and a premium game are way out to lunch, looks like around 35% higher for a premium game, which is a real slap to most fans...a cash grab by the organization, and if people pay, then they will continue the practice, if the people don't pay, then they will stop the practice...at the end of the day though, the team cannot put forth a brutal effort like last night, and not expect to be taken to task for it...if the team plays well, ticket prices are a moot point...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 09:58 AM
Bob Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
The difference this year, between a regular game and a premium game are way out to lunch, looks like around 35% higher for a premium game, which is a real slap to most fans...a cash grab by the organization, and if people pay, then they will continue the practice, if the people don't pay, then they will stop the practice...at the end of the day though, the team cannot put forth a brutal effort like last night, and not expect to be taken to task for it...if the team plays well, ticket prices are a moot point...
yup thats what I like about our fanbase...were not mindless drones like Leafs fans. If the product on the ice is garbage and we suck, people will stop going to the games until something is done about it.

Bob Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 10:11 AM
Habs

Quote:
yup thats what I like about our fanbase...were not mindless drones like Leafs fans. If the product on the ice is garbage and we suck, people will stop going to the games until something is done about it.
No they won't, the fans still turned out when we were icing Bulis, Dackell, Audette and Kilger... and other garbage teams. Stop trashing other teams, and their fans, like we are somehow above being annoying, classless and morons.

I mean, trashing Leaf fans for turning out, when they haven't had a successful season in years, doesn't even make sense.. it proves the opposite.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 10:13 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
No they won't, the fans still turned out when we were icing Bulis, Dackell, Audette and Kilger... and other garbage teams. Stop trashing other teams, and their fans, like we are somehow above being annoying, classless and morons.

I mean, trashing Leaf fans for turning out, when they haven't had a successful season in years, doesn't even make sense.. it proves the opposite.
During the Dackell's and Bulis type of years, the Habs had 19,000 or so show up, not 21,273 As for the Leafs fans you have to give them alot of credit for showing up!

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 10:16 AM
JackZap

Quote:

I got my season tickets right after the lock out and ive seen a change as far as excitement goes. Just not as fun going to the Bell Centre. I noticed a change as soon as Molson bought,seems more subdued...music, they dont announce the sell out crowd anymore, etc.

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 10:26 AM
24stanleycups*
24-6=18,goodluck lol

Last night was an average performance. We are going to be hovering at .500 until we get cammalleri back, and spacek, and campoli, and that other guy who might be a little bit important. But we can play better than we did tonight, and those early penalties just ****ed us. We'll be better against colorado.

24stanleycups* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 10:26 AM
PhysicX

Honestly, my biggest concern is with Gionta right now. Could've scored at least 3 goals as of now, but no. He helped the opposing teams score about 3. Wake the efff up Capinato Gionta! Wake the efff up!

Wake Up for ****'s sake!

PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 10:34 AM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
I got my season tickets right after the lock out and ive seen a change as far as excitement goes. Just not as fun going to the Bell Centre. I noticed a change as soon as Molson bought,seems more subdued...music, they dont announce the sell out crowd anymore, etc.
That's really sad. To me, it seems like this regime is much more bottom line oriented than Gillette was.

Is Mark Cuban interested in owning a hockey team?

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 10:44 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
From what I saw, you are correct, looks out of shape. Looks like Darch at time he's so slow.
I'm not worried about Cole longer term, but man, if he is out of shape, he's gonna learn fast in MTL that it won't wash. This ain't Carolina baby. Maybe he cruised the the first ten games all the time. Not here.

He's getting a wake up call. Be interesting to see how he reacts. Bet he has tons of pride, and he'll start getting in shape alright. Hope he feels a bit like a rookie. That would be good for him.

He's being challenged, and good athletes will step up to that. I bet he will.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 10:47 AM
bsl

Quote:
Anyone know what the new goal song is?
They haven't scored enough of em for me to remember. He he he.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 10:53 AM
Plante

You can tell half our roster isn't there. Fans can't.

Plante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 10:54 AM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Well, from what I've heard, it's better than Vertigo Jacknife Lee remix.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote