HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

You're Howson....

View Poll Results: You're Howson. What do you do at 0-3-1?
Stand Pat. The answer is in the room. Do nothing. Hope for best. The team will come around! 24 34.78%
Freshen up my resume, and put my house up for sale. 11 15.94%
Get rid of Mason. Enough is enough. Find another G through trade or FA 15 21.74%
Make a big move to resuscitate the D (i.e. trade RyJo for #1D) 13 18.84%
Invite Hitch out to Tim's for coffee and some bits, get ready to beg for help 6 8.70%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old
10-14-2011, 12:31 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJCougar View Post
WTF is this??? If you honestly believe that the ONLY reason I would be pissed at Howson is because he traded Klesla, then you don't respect my opinions, you don't read a thing I've ever said and you don't need to speak to me now. Thank you.
Sorry Cougar, but I remembered your quote and I could not forgive it.... , but I know you were not his fan before it.

Last edited by mt-svk: 10-14-2011 at 01:23 AM.
mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 01:50 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

It is not only Atkinson. It means that both of them Mayorov and Johansen would play more.

Old
10-14-2011, 04:58 AM
dats81

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Yeah, the Flyers are going to want to trade their goalie under and entry level contract for Mason's contract while up against the cap. Why in the world would they want Mason, contracts aside?
Flyers fan coming in peace....

I agree with what you said.
Bobrovsky is definitely available and let me assure you that he is future #1 material but the Flyers would not want any piece of Mason and his contract in return.

I can see the Flyers demanding a 1st round pick or decent prospect(s) for Bob. They are not in any hurry and will probably stick with him for the season because general assumption is that his value will only rise as the season continues...

dats81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 10:25 AM
Fred Glover
Chief of Sinners

vCash: 1000
Quote:
LOL No, I'm not mad at Eva.

Fred Glover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 01:28 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

I do not agree with Arniel firing he is very good coach and IMO Babcock would be better here.

IMO we could trade Brassard, Russell, Pahlsson, maybe Dorsett and get one physical defensman with speed and one wing.

But... maybe a trade is comming... .

Old
10-14-2011, 01:59 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
Sorry Cougar, but I remembered your quote and I could not forgive it.... , but I know you were not his fan before it.
Hope you got my message but just in case....It's ok. I just reacted to the hint that my distaste for the old coot was because he traded away my boy toy. Believe me, I wish that was all it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
I do not agree with Arniel firing he is very good coach and IMO Babcock would be better here.

IMO we could trade Brassard, Russell, Pahlsson, maybe Dorsett and get one physical defensman with speed and one wing.

But... maybe a trade is comming... .
Are we talking about firing Arniel now? LOL I missed that one entirely. IF Howson sees a problem and moves quickly to take care of it, I will get off his ass...for a little while

CBJCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 02:04 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Are we talking about firing Arniel now? LOL I missed that one entirely. IF Howson sees a problem and moves quickly to take care of it, I will get off his ass...for a little while
I don't know if anyone was talking about it, but it was #1 on my awesome plan that basically no one cares about or supports. (with fairly good reason as well)

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 02:05 PM
5StringBuzz

Quote:
I don't know if anyone was talking about it, but it was #1 on my awesome plan that basically no one cares about or supports. (with fairly good reason as well)
Nope, it's an awesome plan. Just waiting for the "Fire Arniel" thread.

5StringBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 02:17 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
How could I have overlooked that after telling you that based upon said awesome plan, that you were hired??!! I think I was swooning over #5?

CBJCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 06:08 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

If I'm GMSH, if I can't make a BIG move for a #1 blue liner, you stand pat. Leaders must stand calm in the face of the storm. Panicky little moves will do more harm than good.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 07:20 PM
CapnCornelius

We aren't scoring, and people are suddenly worried about a shutdown defenseman?

We aren't converting on power play and people want an upgrade at goalie?

Is it possible that the piece that we are REALLY missing is suspended? Just throwing it out there...

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 08:33 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
We aren't scoring, and people are suddenly worried about a shutdown defenseman?

We aren't converting on power play and people want an upgrade at goalie?

Is it possible that the piece that we are REALLY missing is suspended? Just throwing it out there...
If you think we have the #1 of the 1/2 pair, well... That explains why we don't agree on much. Since we kind of acknowledged around here that we need Wiz back, you might be a little late to the game....

Peace out.

Old
10-15-2011, 12:05 AM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Looking back on this situation, how many teams have good enough goalies that they can score 2 goals every night and still win? We arent scoring. Plain and simple. Mason hasnt been the problem and honestly neither has our d. Score some freaking goals.

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 07:42 AM
IBleedUnionBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Mason hasnt been the problem
The problems are seldom simplistic and they are usually a combination of several factors. The power play has been a huge disappointment. Scoring outside the first line has been an issue.

But let's not forget, Mason did get pulled in one game, and he was awful in the SO. His SV% & GAA is near the bottom of the league among starters. Some of that is the play in front of him, and some of it is on him. I don't think it would be unfair to rank Mason as below average among NHL starting goalies.

IBleedUnionBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 08:49 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

We cannot play with one line we need more but we always put Vermy with Umberger inspite of their achievments... unjoin them and let more ice time playes with better achievments and Johansen his creativity is what we need.

Old
10-15-2011, 09:31 AM
Xoggz22

I've suffered through the first three home games and think it's way too early to talk about major changes. Personally I think a few of the players are playing WAY below where they should be - RJ, Vermette, Brass, Pahlsson can you hear me?

I don't like Vermette on the 2nd line C and Brass on the wing. I think it's a waste of talent. I'm also not a fan of Pahlsson. haven't been for the entire contract. He's a 4th line C getting $3M (or whatever - way overpaid). I think Vermette should be the third line Center and man the shutdown role. Play Brass on the second line. Move Prospal down if necessary to get some balance on the top two lines. Hell enough dissection....

I think they simly aren't on the same page yet. As pissed off as I have left every game so far, they haven't been horrible but just bad enough to lose. That's not fun at all.

And, to me, Mase hasn't been the problem. I know many disagree but, in my opinion, he hasn't cost us any games. A PP goal against the Avs or Preds and we likely win both games. Our ability to close games or change them in the third period continues to suck. that's a huge problem and I think that comes from our defense and lack of ability to shut down and gain possession.

and what's up with Carter not shooting the puck on the empty net the other night? His turnover led to the tying goal. THAT pissed me off more than anything. Get it DEEP. You too Dorsett (another I coudl live without unfortunately he and Sammy are needed for the PK because it appears there are none better....)

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 10:05 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
I've suffered through the first three home games and think it's way too early to talk about major changes. Personally I think a few of the players are playing WAY below where they should be - RJ, Vermette, Brass, Pahlsson can you hear me?
Since I didn't think we've went far enough yet, this start only confirms what I thought before. Brass better get his crap together.

As far as the waste of talent comment, Vermette is a far more responsible player. Get Brass to pretend to play a real two way game and actually win faceoffs at a decent level and I'll listen. Until then he's just cannon fodder to me.

As far as Mase goes, he may or may not have cost us a game. But his play sure as hell hasn't won us a game either.

Nash is a good pk'er. I head Carter might be able to kill penalties fairly well too... :p

But we've got to "save" them and their energy. Whatever. Arniel... I'm getting more and more annoyed with him every game.

Last edited by blahblah: 10-15-2011 at 10:12 AM.
Old
10-15-2011, 10:53 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:

I don't like Vermette on the 2nd line C and Brass on the wing. I think it's a waste of talent. I'm also not a fan of Pahlsson. haven't been for the entire contract. He's a 4th line C getting $3M (or whatever - way overpaid). I think Vermette should be the third line Center and man the shutdown role. Play Brass on the second line. Move Prospal down if necessary to get some balance on the top two lines. Hell enough dissection....

I think they simly aren't on the same page yet. As pissed off as I have left every game so far, they haven't been horrible but just bad enough to lose. That's not fun at all.

And, to me, Mase hasn't been the problem. I know many disagree but, in my opinion, he hasn't cost us any games. A PP goal against the Avs or Preds and we likely win both games. Our ability to close games or change them in the third period continues to suck. that's a huge problem and I think that comes from our defense and lack of ability to shut down and gain possession.

and what's up with Carter not shooting the puck on the empty net the other night? His turnover led to the tying goal. THAT pissed me off more than anything. Get it DEEP. You too Dorsett (another I coudl live without unfortunately he and Sammy are needed for the PK because it appears there are none better....)
carter plays ill... that why i will not comment his achievments.

Old
10-15-2011, 12:59 PM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I've suffered through the first three home games and think it's way too early to talk about major changes.
What is your take on the D, I agree with everything you said about forwards and Mase.

Jaxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 03:44 PM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
If you think we have the #1 of the 1/2 pair, well... That explains why we don't agree on much. Since we kind of acknowledged around here that we need Wiz back, you might be a little late to the game....

Peace out.
True #1 or not, our problems are specialty teams not 5 on 5. And we both known no one is trading us a #1 d-man at this point in the season, so you can forget about it either way. Some damaged goods "defensive defenseman" ain't going to cure what ails us.

People are grasping at straws to figure out what is wrong when the problems were obvious in the off-season--scoring depth and potentially goaltending. I say potentially goaltending because I still maintain that Mason, while mediocre, hasn't been the chief problem as some suggest. Now, our backup situation, that makes me nervous given Arniel's seeming reluctance to start Sanford to this point despite a busy schedule he was complaining about.

Maybe the kids solve our scoring depth problems, but that hasn't materialized yet and guys coming from college/juniors as opposed to AHL do tend to hit a wall late in the season because they aren't used to the grueling pro schedule.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 04:19 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
Some damaged goods "defensive defenseman" ain't going to cure what ails us.
Bravo... 'Cause that's what we are looking for... I really can't ready any more of this today...