HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How much hockey do you watch?

Old
10-08-2011, 01:00 PM
phlocky

vCash: 500
I LOVE hockey and will watch any game I can. Usually I put a game on and "watch" while I'm doing other things around the house (single dad and all so i have a lot of things to do on a daily basis just in upkeep with 3 kids running around). Today I'm "watching" the Ducks and smurfs game while posting here until I have to go to work in an hour. Unfortunately I'll miss both the PSU game today and our hockey game tonight but the real ***** for me is that weekend games aren't rebroadcast late at night so that I can see then when I get home. I'll have to read through the GTD thread to see how we played so anyone that wants to give a little more indepth play-by-play or whatnot it would be greatly appreciated.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 02:04 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

every gm that i can only flyer gms that is dont watch other teams at all unless they are playing philly..........

BleedOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 02:31 PM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantokrator View Post
I watch zero hockey games per year, because I live in Mobile, Alabama where my cable provider does not have Versus and I don't have the NHL network, or whatever it is called. I could catch the odd Thrashers game on Sport South about once a month, but now that they are gone, there is nothing. There isn't even ECHL here anymore.
I use to drive from Destin Fla to Mobile just to watch the Mobile Mystiques

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 03:15 PM
Flyerfan4life

only watch/follow the Flyers..(try to view every game i can get access to)

every other team doesnt matter/exist.

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 03:33 PM
NMFlyer1998
hello

I follow all Flyers stuff and all games. I also follow Phoenix too and i might follow them a bit more this year(even though the Flyers are my number 1 team) because this might be their last.

NMFlyer1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 10:24 AM
Ryker

Where do you watch highlights of other games, NHL.com, NHL on the Fly, ESPN?

I also noticed some of you said the Flyers are all that matters. Does that mean you actually only follow the team, and not care about what's going on in the league, or that you just see the highlights here and there, or maybe check out the scores. There was a season where I did just that, as well. Due to lack of time I could either watch the Flyers' games or try and keep up to date with the league in general. While there's nothing better than watching the Flyers play, it still felt really weird once the season was over, since I could tell I was really out of the loop with so much that's going on, and therefore lately choose to try and follow the league in general, if that's only what time allows. Heavy emphasis is put on the Flyers, and as far as articles are concerned, apart from THN I do only read up on this team's news.

Ryker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 12:02 PM
Jtown

vCash: 539
The only team I care about when it comes to winning and losing are the Flyers.

However i do like to keep an eye on players around the league. Especially rookies. For instance tonight RNH debuts against the Pens. Ill probably check that out for a period just to see how him and Hall are.

Come playoff time i try to watch every game possible. playoff hockey is just on a different level.

In terms of catching highlights and scores. NHL gamecenter app for iphone now has video and highlights which are pretty sweet. Makes keeping up with the league much easier.

Jtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 01:46 PM
jd2210
Registered Non User

I see 60ish Flyers games a year and 70 or so junior games, mostly OHL. My wife's cousin plays for the Leafs now so we watch a lot of their games and cheer for him while booing the team at the same time. I also try to watch stuff like WJ's, Spengler cup etc when I can. I love my PVR.

jd2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 02:18 PM
zbryne

Send a message via Skype™ to zbryne
I watch pretty much any hockey available on TV. I follow Dallas stars prospects playing for Texas Stars (AHL) so I watch a bit of stars games but try to catch every flyers game on TV is the main priority.

zbryne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 12:57 AM
StandingCow

vCash: 50
Mostly Flyers games... some caps... and other games now and then.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 01:08 AM
Claude28Giroux
praiseG

I watch every flyer game and most sabre games even though i hate them. Sometimes I'll catch a west coast game. In the playoffs I'll usually watch everything i can.

Claude28Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 12:45 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post
I see 60ish Flyers games a year and 70 or so junior games, mostly OHL. My wife's cousin plays for the Leafs now so we watch a lot of their games and cheer for him while booing the team at the same time. I also try to watch stuff like WJ's, Spengler cup etc when I can. I love my PVR.
Do you see them live or online? I know WHL streams games, but I'm not sure about OHL, so excuse me if "do you watch OHL games online" is a weird question

Old
10-14-2011, 01:14 PM
Broad st phantom

I only care about the flyers, i try to watch as many flyers games as I can. If the Flyers aren't on and there's a game on versus, or the nhl network I'll watch it. I also watch NHL on the fly everynight before I go to bed. I generally like to keep up with the league as awhole, but besides the flyers I mainly just like to see how other players preform and whatnot.

Broad st phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 01:52 PM
no1b4me

I have Local cable, BellTV and Dishnetwork. I subscribe to NHLCI on local Dishnet and BellTV. I have 5 DVR's so I can record alot of games. I watch every Flyers game on tv and a ton of other games. Last year and the year bwas about before it was about 420 games per year which is about 3 per night. I don't watch much regular tv because it's all crap.

no1b4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 02:08 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

if i'm home, and have no work to do, and there's a game on tv, i will watch it regardless of who's playing.

also, if i'm in my studio doing work, i'll typically just pop on a stream of any game i can find on my laptop.

i only really read flyers specific articles, though i usually read whatever is put on TSN or NHL.com

i also watch NHL on the fly every night before i go to sleep.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 03:38 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticFlyerFan View Post
I have Local cable, BellTV and Dishnetwork. I subscribe to NHLCI on local Dishnet and BellTV. I have 5 DVR's so I can record alot of games. I watch every Flyers game on tv and a ton of other games. Last year and the year bwas about before it was about 420 games per year which is about 3 per night. I don't watch much regular tv because it's all crap.
Holy crap! Where do you find the time for that? Don't get me wrong, I'd do that if I could, as well, since I never really get tired of hockey, but at the moment it's not really working for me time-wise.

Old
10-14-2011, 04:08 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Too much for my own good.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 04:17 PM
no1b4me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
Holy crap! Where do you find the time for that? Don't get me wrong, I'd do that if I could, as well, since I never really get tired of hockey, but at the moment it's not really working for me time-wise.
It is pretty easy actually. like you I live in the mountain timezone. I get off work at 4:30 and only work 2 minutes from home. I turn on sportcentre and watch it until 5 when the 1st game starts. I watch all Flyers games live and can record other games that start at 5 or 5:30. Then when that game is over I switch to the west coast game at 8 or 8:30 and watch it. Alfter that I watch a game I've dvr'd which i can ffw thru the breaks. Sometimes I skip the west games and watch one or two east games I dvr'd. I also, keep some games for a few days that I watch on nights where there is no games or a game i could care less about. On weekend there is piles of games to watch too.
Yes, I am a freak and I have no life. when it's -40c for 7 weeks at time what am I to do?

no1b4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 04:18 PM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

I'm guessing around 550-600 games from early august until the Cup finals are over. Around 75-100 of those live at various rinks in Sweden.

Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 07:42 PM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Every flyers game, and the occasional game that is on during the day in the UK.
Yes, me too... I bought that NHL Center Ice. I am watching every Flyers game and 85% of the Vancouver games...

shipwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 09:23 PM
stuccoman

I have the Center Ice Package so all the Flyers games. I watch any team in our division or any other team I hate like Bost,Mont,Tor,Buff. The only time I don't watch one is if it's two teams from the west, I try but they just have nothing to do with us in the standings so I can only get so interested. I thought I might watch some LA games as Richards was my favorite player and before him it was Gagne, so I'm not gonna pick a favorite just yet cause I don't want for (Giroux) to be traded. I'm an Oriole fan so after a loooong baseball season there's no way I would miss the Flyers.

stuccoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 09:38 AM
phillyfanatic

I have NHL center ice. My 5 year old plays timbits hockey and is now staying up with Dad to watch the Flyer games. He has a Claude Giroux shirt and I have my Claude Giroux signed jersey. Honestly, I am LOVING it. He watches the first period and then off to bed, I watch the rest.

- watch EVERY Flyer game, I DVR them and sometimes re-watch. I also try to watch as many of the good Eastern teams as I can. I play fantasy hockey as an incentive to watch other teams (this year I have Stamkos and St. Louis so I watch a lot of Tampa and Ryan Miller and Vanek so a lot of Buffalo).

phillyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 10:59 AM
walle

too much
Most common I watch a live game at 1 AM. If theres 2nd game ill watch ill watch a period of it during first intermission, 2nd period in 2nd intermission. When the live game ends i watch the 3rd period and then 3rd game.. (fast forward all breaks/ads/intermissions). Then another session of games in the afternoon if needed. Following 6 teams but luckily time is not one of my problems.

walle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 11:14 AM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

I live in canada and since i work the graveyard shift at work i watch every flyer gm online

BleedOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 04:13 PM
bungle
Casual Observer

I only watch the Flyers, but I watch every game every season. For some reason though, this season, I feel less excited about it. Not sure why.

bungle is offline   Reply With Quote