HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Kyle Chipchura

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-14-2011, 05:57 PM
  #1
wildcat48
HFB Partner
 
wildcat48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: South Portland, ME
Country: United States
Posts: 3,226
vCash: 500
Kyle Chipchura

Apparently, not right now means 24hrs because Chipchura was assigned to Portland today. He could be in town tonight and skate with the team tomorrow. I'm still looking into that.

wildcat48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 06:24 PM
  #2
albertabound
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 438
vCash: 500
Trying to fiqure this one out, tippet and Maloney gone on and say how he earn a spot on the roster and was a surprise in camp plays 1 game and then they send him off to AHL???????? Anyone else wonder why this would of happen? I know his game was against SAn Jose a tough team he did make a mistake on the first goal but I don't think its right that they base his play on one game. Still baffle over this, the roster only has 22 players they could of kept here.

albertabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 07:02 PM
  #3
doaner
Registered User
 
doaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Flag
Country: United States
Posts: 3,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by albertabound View Post
Trying to fiqure this one out, tippet and Maloney gone on and say how he earn a spot on the roster and was a surprise in camp plays 1 game and then they send him off to AHL???????? Anyone else wonder why this would of happen? I know his game was against SAn Jose a tough team he did make a mistake on the first goal but I don't think its right that they base his play on one game. Still baffle over this, the roster only has 22 players they could of kept here.
I'm not too worried about it.

doaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 07:23 PM
  #4
Rabbit
Captain Cook
 
Rabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Bay California
Country: United States
Posts: 4,240
vCash: 500
I'm pissed that we lost Maclean over a one game experiment, but what can we do. Not really worth stressing over something you can't change.

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 07:38 PM
  #5
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful
 
Blubba Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NE Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,242
vCash: 500
Mac lost his job to POS, not Chipchura.

Blubba Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 07:41 PM
  #6
Swat Ultra
~Hockey!~
 
Swat Ultra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Northern NH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,669
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat48 View Post
Apparently, not right now means 24hrs because Chipchura was assigned to Portland today. He could be in town tonight and skate with the team tomorrow. I'm still looking into that.
pirates will be over the vet limit once pouliot is healthy wont we? so what does that mean.. where does the extra vet go?

Swat Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 07:51 PM
  #7
Rabbit
Captain Cook
 
Rabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Bay California
Country: United States
Posts: 4,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
Mac lost his job to POS, not Chipchura.
I don't see how you can reach for that connection. Both POS and Chip were players that filled a roster spot, both whom took over jobs that were Maclean's and Tikhonov's to lose.

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 07:54 PM
  #8
Sceva Sct
on the edge
 
Sceva Sct's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: limbo
Posts: 1,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
I don't see how you can reach for that connection. Both POS and Chip were players that filled a roster spot, both whom took over jobs that were Maclean's and Tikhonov's to lose.
Mac and Sully were fighting for a role in the top three lines. Chip was playing for a spot on the fourth.

Sceva Sct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 07:56 PM
  #9
RemoAZ
Stugots
 
RemoAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Glendale, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
I'm pissed that we lost Maclean over a one game experiment, but what can we do. Not really worth stressing over something you can't change.
As I've said before, I don't think they wanted Mac in the organization anymore for whatever reason. Keeping Chipchura and POS was probably just to keep from having to answer more questions as to why they dumped him. "He got beat out" is much easier to explain than "he doesn't fit what we want in a player". But again, that's just my opinion. Having one less player on the roster being paid by the Pirates saves a few schmucks for a deadline deal if I understand the budget correctly.

RemoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 08:06 PM
  #10
Rabbit
Captain Cook
 
Rabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Bay California
Country: United States
Posts: 4,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceva Sct View Post
Mac and Sully were fighting for a role in the top three lines. Chip was playing for a spot on the fourth.
I don't mean to argue or debate over what is essentially a irrelevant and moot point, but i'm still having trouble grasping that. On a team where after the first forward line, the rest are interchanging, I don't see how people could say that Maclean was only battling one player for a chance to crack the roster. I'm sure Maloney didn't tell Mac that O'Sullivan was the man to beat. Maclean, Tikhonov, POS, and Chip were all battling for 2 open roster spots. Even though you are saying that Maclean was battling for a job for in the top 9, I believe that had he made the team along with Chipchura, he still wouldn't have seen as much ice time as Chip.

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 08:44 PM
  #11
Sceva Sct
on the edge
 
Sceva Sct's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: limbo
Posts: 1,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
I don't mean to argue or debate over what is essentially a irrelevant and moot point, but i'm still having trouble grasping that. On a team where after the first forward line, the rest are interchanging, I don't see how people could say that Maclean was only battling one player for a chance to crack the roster. I'm sure Maloney didn't tell Mac that O'Sullivan was the man to beat. Maclean, Tikhonov, POS, and Chip were all battling for 2 open roster spots. Even though you are saying that Maclean was battling for a job for in the top 9, I believe that had he made the team along with Chipchura, he still wouldn't have seen as much ice time as Chip.
I'd argue that our top three lines are more interchangeable than our bottom three (and at this point maybe only the 2nd and 3rd are really). Judging from GMDM's comments its sound like Mac was penciled in on the team and simply lost the spot, not that Sully was the only one he was fighting, but that Sully is simply the one who took it. As for whether or not Mac would have ultimately gotten ice time or not, in my view would have been up to him. Tip has been impressed with Boeds and bumped him up last game. Mac meanwhile was benched for the 3rd period last game in Winnipeg. Its early in the year so we'll see how it all plays out but as you said, its all pretty much moot at this point. Whats done is done.

As for Chip being sent down I think it has more to do with Noki's play as the fourth center than anything. Korpi's been moved back to wing which bumped Torres down to the fourth line. I'm guessing they felt Chip just wasn't going to see time right now so move him down and free up a roster spot in case we need it in the near future for anything (Turris, trade etc.)

Sceva Sct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 08:51 PM
  #12
LuLuBelle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 330
vCash: 500
I think it is a strange move. Especially considering that O'Sullivan has only played one out of three games. Why didn't they waive him? I expect that will happen any day now.

LuLuBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 08:53 PM
  #13
wildcat48
HFB Partner
 
wildcat48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: South Portland, ME
Country: United States
Posts: 3,226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swat Ultra View Post
pirates will be over the vet limit once pouliot is healthy wont we? so what does that mean.. where does the extra vet go?
No, Bolduc is out til Jan. Pirates can have up to six vets with one exemption.

Spoke with Treliving and the reasoning for sending him down was A.) They have 23 players and only want 22 players on the roster. B.) It gives them flexability to call up a player if they need to without having to make a corresponding move. C.) They had 14 forwards and they felt there was no reason to sit two forwards every game.

If they should happen to sign Turris I suspect another move will have to be made... O'Sullivan to Portland, trade or loan of another player. That can be dealt with later though.

wildcat48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 08:55 PM
  #14
wildcat48
HFB Partner
 
wildcat48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: South Portland, ME
Country: United States
Posts: 3,226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoAZ View Post
As I've said before, I don't think they wanted Mac in the organization anymore for whatever reason. Keeping Chipchura and POS was probably just to keep from having to answer more questions as to why they dumped him. "He got beat out" is much easier to explain than "he doesn't fit what we want in a player". But again, that's just my opinion. Having one less player on the roster being paid by the Pirates saves a few schmucks for a deadline deal if I understand the budget correctly.
Pirates aren't paying any salaries.... All players, coaches, and hockey ops staff on NHL, AHL, PTO contracts are being paid by the Coyotes.

wildcat48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 09:54 PM
  #15
RemoAZ
Stugots
 
RemoAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Glendale, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat48 View Post
Pirates aren't paying any salaries.... All players, coaches, and hockey ops staff on NHL, AHL, PTO contracts are being paid by the Coyotes.
What I meant was it applies to the AHL budget instead of the NHL budget leaving extra money to spend at the NHL level.

RemoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 10:01 PM
  #16
Scottrocks58*
Six
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Phoenix
Country: United States
Posts: 3,066
vCash: 500
Do we have any rights to Tikhonov or is he gone, gone, gone?

Scottrocks58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 10:52 PM
  #17
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,477
vCash: 500
Nokelainen beat Chipchura. Osullivan beat MacLean.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.