HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

The Voice Of The Tommies......

Old
09-06-2011, 11:23 AM
austrooper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantfather View Post
GLAD TO HEAR IT!
I think that the change in coaching leadership will have a dramatic and positive affect on the ice;previous leadership recruited inadequately,did not retain recruits and deployed his assets poorly..........just take a look at the stats of STU's 1st PP alingement these last couple of years who were often scored upon REPEATEDLY.

Current coach Ryan often out recruited STU in identifying and securing recruits from the MJHL for Acadia and I would suggest that he will continue to do so; Bisser's "Q" connection is surely working and I believe that this years combination of returning veterans and the new lads will be better utilized than in the past by current Coaches Ryan and Bissonnette.

The Tommies have narrowed the gap and will compete more completely but the AUS remains the TOP league in Canada and I expect some very competitive and close competitions as all teams have recruited well.

GET OUT AND SUPPORT THE NEW GROUP.....see ya'LL in the rinks!
therein lies the rub rantfather.....every team seems to have upped their recruiting to the next level...the quality of the league is just getting higher and higher and the expectations are getting higher and higher.....let's just hope that it doesn't get too carried away.....good luck for the tommies in 2011-12......it'll be a year of transition for sure, but probably an interesting one, too...

austrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 07:35 AM
RCPXP

Yes, rantfather, there is a Santa Claus.... Much has transpired over the past 2 weeks. Still many details to work out, but I can tell you that STU will be on the air this year... I should say ONLINE. Video webcast of STU men's & women's hockey home games will be available this year. More to come...

~RC

RCPXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 07:54 AM
rantfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyPuckRadio View Post
Yes, rantfather, there is a Santa Claus.... Much has transpired over the past 2 weeks. Still many details to work out, but I can tell you that STU will be on the air this year... I should say ONLINE. Video webcast of STU men's & women's hockey home games will be available this year. More to come...

~RC
CONGRATULATIONS Randy et al:

Webcasting for both Men;s and women's hockey is ON the air and STU has moved into the 20th century;get ready for a HIGH QUALITY show and is a fitting way to do the last season at the Beav and usher in the new era at the new rink.

Help direct appropriate sponsers to this effort as this vehicle should inform the world about the BEST LITTLE UNIVERSITY in Fredericton and a brand of hockey that largely goes unnoticed but Randy will chacge that.:handclapc

rantfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 08:30 AM
gleanerguy

Congrats, Randy. Glad it came together.

gleanerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 11:18 PM
SnipeShow91

are you going to archive the games so people like me with other teams can watch it sundays? Love to keep up on the Tommies.

SnipeShow91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 01:54 PM
RCPXP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipeShow91 View Post
are you going to archive the games so people like me with other teams can watch it sundays? Love to keep up on the Tommies.
Absolutely.

Old
10-14-2011, 08:45 PM
RCPXP

The link for the Tommies' webcasts

http://w3.stu.ca/stu/athletics/broadcast/default.aspx

Or you should be able to access directly from stu.ca/athletics

~Randy

(username change)