HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Hockey Talk Shows Le Match/Anti-Chambre, etc...

Old
10-14-2011, 03:43 AM
merano

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
You didn't even watch the show, how do you know it was really lame?

You're the kind of people that think being a millionaire, you can't cry, be sad or suffer depression because they have a bigger house, faster car than normal people?

He was defending Gomez, AK even Gonchar saying that it must be tough for them when the fans are booing them so it wasn't simply about him. He was getting very emotional about it, then he talk about him and his depression. How he needed to take pills and had no one on the locker room to talk to. Then JC Lajoie start reading encouragements from the fans on FB and twitter and that's when Brisebois started to cry.

H
Depression does not have a Social Class!
That is why I like the French point of view.
They are more in tune w/emotional side.
That is what makes Hockey different in Montreal than other North American rinks.
The PASSION!

merano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 05:14 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Yeah I saw that Brisebois bit last night. He really took the booing a lot harder than I thought. I have to give the guy credit for letting it all out on TV like that last night.

Sounds like he REALLY appreciated what Gainey did for him too (calling out the boo-birds).

I thought what he was saying was genuine and I appreciated it. Makes you realize these guys really want to do well and the booing cuts deep.

Don't let this impress you. Brisebois is so high on emotion, he's like a walking human tv soap opera. Even when he talks about other things he talks like he's always high and there's no rational thought in there. He goes on a big rant about something but that's where the conversation leads and then the next day will say the complete opposite.

The booing thing he talked about the same thing a few weeks ago and how it hurt him. He talks about it all the time and the host keep bringing it up because he knows Brisebois will cry about it and it's gonna make good tv.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 04:19 PM
Vinc360

I honestly find that L'Esprit d'équipe/Le Match are much better than 5@7/L'antichambre... I also kinda prefer Le TVA Sports to Sports 30 but that's mostly because of the more professional feel.

5@7 is still pretty good... and l'antichambre does look better this year but the look is all they improved...

Vinc360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 09:37 PM
mtl_felix

Stéphane Langdeau is beyond ridiculous, I cant stand the guy. Did you see him go nuts over the players presentation ceremony last night?

mtl_felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 10:04 PM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

I wasn't a big fan of Dave Morissette before as a media person but since TVA Sport started, I think he does a great job at Le Match and find the show much more enjoyable than l'antichambre.

Also love the way they use JC as a twitter/facebook person. Fits him well.

MooseOllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 10:05 PM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinc360 View Post
I honestly find that L'Esprit d'équipe/Le Match are much better than 5@7/L'antichambre... I also kinda prefer Le TVA Sports to Sports 30 but that's mostly because of the more professional feel.

5@7 is still pretty good... and l'antichambre does look better this year but the look is all they improved...
The only thing that bugs me with L'esprit d'équipe is the girl... she's way too hyper...

MooseOllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 10:08 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBarker View Post
I wasn't a big fan of Dave Morissette before as a media person but since TVA Sport started, I think he does a great job at Le Match and find the show much more enjoyable than l'antichambre.

Also love the way they use JC as a twitter/facebook person. Fits him well.
I agree

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 11:26 PM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl_felix View Post
Stéphane Langdeau is beyond ridiculous, I cant stand the guy. Did you see him go nuts over the players presentation ceremony last night?
I can't believe this guy has a job. He's just plain awful, stupid opinions and just trying to stir ****. I honestly hate him and would have no problem punching him in the face.

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 12:10 AM
Vinc360

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBarker View Post
The only thing that bugs me with L'esprit d'équipe is the girl... she's way too hyper...

Without meaning to sound disrespectful.. she sounds extremely clueless and it looks like she's trying to hide it. It makes her come off as really naive and it can be a bit awkward and embarrassing... but she does a good job as a host I think.

Vinc360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 12:11 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Don't let this impress you. Brisebois is so high on emotion, he's like a walking human tv soap opera. Even when he talks about other things he talks like he's always high and there's no rational thought in there. He goes on a big rant about something but that's where the conversation leads and then the next day will say the complete opposite.

The booing thing he talked about the same thing a few weeks ago and how it hurt him. He talks about it all the time and the host keep bringing it up because he knows Brisebois will cry about it and it's gonna make good tv.
Yeah I see what you mean, actually. He is a bit like that. Still, I felt there was some genuine stuff there that I haven't seen from him. It didn't seem as staged as his usual outbursts. Made me kind of put myself in his shoes and imagine what that must have really felt like.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 02:01 PM
Sir Jacques Demers

I'm disappointed with the lack of online presence of these shows. I enjoy watching Antichambre / Le Match but I can't always catch them, and RDS seems too lazy to post the video on their site half the time, while Le Match doesn't even have videos....

Sir Jacques Demers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 02:41 PM
JuJu Mobb

After this quote, I will never watch this show again :

''Desharnais is now the best centerman of the team, I include Plekanec.'' -Michel Bergeron

JuJu Mobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 04:43 PM
Sir Jacques Demers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuJu Mobb View Post
After this quote, I will never watch this show again :

''Desharnais is now the best centerman of the team, I include Plekanec.'' -Michel Bergeron
The way the team has been playing, Desharnais is the best center of the team, because of the way he and his linemates have been playing over the last few games.

By definition, the best center is the one who runs the best line.

Old
10-21-2011, 07:20 PM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Demers View Post
The way the team has been playing, Desharnais is the best center of the team, because of the way he and his linemates have been playing over the last few games.

No. If you put Getzlaf with Gordon and Smith-Pelly and Cogliano with Perry and Ryan, Getzlaf remains the best centre even though his line is not the best. I don't see where you take that definition.

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 07:26 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:

maybe if he was over 40% on face-offs... till then, qualifying as a C doesnt make much sense...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 11:17 AM
Tline250

L'anti-chambre has no credibility:

http://vimeo.com/17444815

Tline250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 09:17 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

I was watching a show called "Tous le Monde En Parle" at the french CBC. Chris Nilan was there and he talked about the whole thing with Don Cherry. Nilan may have had drug problems but I'll say this he was VERY smart dude on that show. Very impressed by the intelligence he brought in the discussion. He was surrounded by guys that were against fighting and made better arguments then them and he was applauded for it.

Old
10-23-2011, 09:20 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
That was an interesting interview for sure.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 11:54 PM
Sir Jacques Demers

"Le match" was really awful tonight. It had a couple moments at the beginning, then they kept on jumping back and forth and didn't discuss anything conclusively.

Toward the 2nd half they kept stretching and putting in advertisements, it was terrible.

I want 110% back :/

Old
10-25-2011, 05:36 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
"Le match" was really awful tonight. It had a couple moments at the beginning, then they kept on jumping back and forth and didn't discuss anything conclusively.

Toward the 2nd half they kept stretching and putting in advertisements, it was terrible.

I want 110% back :/
Le Match especially since Morissette took over is almost too much of a clean show. Everything feels rehearsed.

I would gladly welcome 110% back. This was a fire pit and things went flying esp. when the Habs were losing.

Old
10-25-2011, 09:14 PM
Booba
Fier, ému and proud

PJ Stock just said that we have 6 first round picks in a row who aren't playing in the NHL right now

I was like lolwut?

The closest thing I could find was
2006 : David Fischer
2007 : Ryan McDonagh...(How about Pacioretty?)
2008 : Dany Kristo
2009 : Louis Leblanc
2010 : Jarred Tinordi
2011: Nathan Beaulieu

Ok...You have all the rights to bash the organisation but at least make sure you get real facts.

Booba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 09:22 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booba View Post
PJ Stock just said that we have 6 first round picks in a row who aren't playing in the NHL right now

I was like lolwut?

Ok...You have all the rights to bash the organisation but at least make sure you get real facts.
06= Bust
07= Both in the NHL, McDo used to trade for Gomez (right or wrong, he was drafted/developed here and is NHL-material)
08= no first round pick (Kristo is a second)
2009= Still early
2010= still early
2011= Could play on some teams (IMO).

Given where we draft every year, I don't see a problem? All mid-round picks. These generally take minimum 3 years to develop... We seem to be following the curve fine, PJ is an idiot

JGRB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 09:23 PM
MathMan

It's such a silly thing to say. Most of the time your last three first-rounders (at least) will be developing. Montreal didn't have a first-rounder when they picked Kristo. And then, of course, MaxPac, not to mention McDonagh who can't simultaneously not play in the NHL and be the bee's knees Gainey was stupid for trading for Gomez.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 09:25 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booba View Post

I was like lolwut?

PJ is lost and a bruins fan, that's what happens. Pacioretty is a 1st rounder and Kristo isn't anyways, he was taken in the 2nd round

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 10:25 PM
Kriss E

Perron on Le Match said to Laraque ''excuse moi pour l'expression George, mais c'est qui le negre qui a ecrit pour toi?'', when speaking about his new book.
How can this guy still get a job??..

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote