HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rants & Raves

Old
10-14-2011, 01:11 PM
moog35

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NugentHopkinsfan View Post
I love how the same people who say ''we can't give a spot to some guy who sucks to only play 5 minutes'' is just super happy with garbage like Volpatti.

We won our division twice with God awful Hordichuk playing pretty much every night, IMO the Sedins took less abuse after whistles and during play back when we had Hordichuk, Rypien, O'Brien, and I hated those guys(as players not people) but we still won our division with them and we were viewed as a tough team that would stick up and fight for each other. I would much rather have a few players like that than this current group of wimps. Lappy is now our fighter... amazing.

As for Sturm, time for Gillis to admit he's wrong again and waive the plug.

Some people on these boards just over rate the importance of the 4th line during the regular season, I would love to see a guy like Godard on the 4th line, or even having Hordichuk back would be nice (can't believe i just said that) but how much worse is a guy like Godard or Hordichuk then Volpatti? They are better fighters and not that worse of players and when it comes time for the playoffs just put them in the press box. When Hordichuk, Rypien and O'Brien were in the line up our whole team played tougher and we stuck up for each other, the Sedins were getting pushed around alot less and when they were messed with someone was there to answer the bell

Heres a few clips from the first game with Hordi, Rypien, and O'Brien playing together

Unlike the Methot hit Phaneuf didn't have someone come up and ask him to fight, someone just stepped up and did it because Henrik is one of our stars and thats the way it should be when you mess with one of the Sedins

There had been few occasions last season when Luongo was bumped and no one did anything, there were also a few occasions where Hansen had the chance to stick up for one of his teammates or even himself and chose not to, I bet if we had some tougher players in the lineup he would have been more likely to stick up for himself.

I'm tired of watching our starts get pushed around and seeing no response whatsoever from the rest of the team. It makes me sick thinking back to the finals when we were loosing by 5 goals in the final minutes in Boston and we were taking the high road instead of fighting back. Its embarrassing

moog35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 02:00 PM
RobertKron

Quote:
Originally Posted by moog35 View Post

Heres a few clips from the first game with Hordi, Rypien, and O'Brien playing together

Unlike the Methot hit Phaneuf didn't have someone come up and ask him to fight, someone just stepped up and did it because Henrik is one of our stars and thats the way it should be when you mess with one of the Sedins
Jesus, look at the score. Context.

RobertKron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 02:47 PM
moog35

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW View Post
Jesus, look at the score. Context.
who cares about the score!!!!!! its a regular season game and its your best player getting owned

moog35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 02:58 PM
Christina Woloski
Registered Something

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantalum View Post
So let me get this straight having a goon or even a good hockey player willing to drop them or some heavier hitters was going to result in the following:

-Kesler not tearing his labrum
-Hamhuis not tearing his abdominal (in fact it was physical play that was the cause of that injury. Went for the big hit instead of just nullifying any threat Lucic posed. Not a bad play but that big hit had a huge effect on the series by removing Hamhuis from it.)
-Higgins not breaking his foot
-Edler not getting slashed
-Bieksa not getting slashed
-Ehrhoff not having a separated shoulder
-Raymond not breaking his back

Physical and borderline dirty teams aren't going to be intimidated just because the opposition is physical. Does one honestly think the likes of Lucic or Chara or Murray or Clowe would honestly care? Of course not. On the contrary, those games often get more physical. About the only injury that may not have occurred was the back injury to Henrik, however, the Sedins go to the net and play along the boards and physical team or not they are going to take a beating for doing so.

now I'm not arguing against the team adding more size with skill...every team should do that. But good luck doing so without drafting and developing it. But a guy or two in the bottom 6 isn't going to do squat to the overall fortunes of the team.

Well in. This completely sums it up.

Christina Woloski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 03:08 PM
clay

The one thing that I think we can all be excited about after three games is the play of Hodgson. He was absolutely flying up and down the ice against Detroit last night. His speed is night and day compared to last year. I really hope Coach V does the right thing and lets him show what he can do with Kesler when he returns.

clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 12:40 AM
Pseudonymous*

Sturm Sucks

Pseudonymous* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 12:51 AM
Petey Cee
reel gud

Quote:
Originally Posted by moog35 View Post
who cares about the score!!!!!! its a regular season game and its your best player getting owned
would you say that if we were in april and fighting for a playoff spot/division/seeding?

no.

so then why say it now?

2 points is 2 points, no matter when they are acquired.

Petey Cee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 01:02 AM
shortshorts
The OG Kesler Hater

vCash: 457
Our team isn't as good as we like to think. Our defense is awful. Especially with Bieksa's contract. One injury to Hamhuis and we're catering our limited defensive pairings due to Bieksa. I would love to rid of Bieksa and Ballard. If I'm guaranteed Hamhuis' health than sure.

shortshorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 01:10 AM
shortshorts
The OG Kesler Hater

vCash: 457
This sportsnet analyst is saying the dumbest thing i've ever heard. It's the aggressors fault if you hit someone with their head down? "It's the rules?" My god, the NHL media is ********.

shortshorts is offline   Reply With Quote