HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tremblay speaks out against Don Cherry

View Poll Results: Do you think Don cherry should hang up the suit?
No he is pure entertainment and makes complete sense. 13 15.85%
Yes fire him he's finished! 69 84.15%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old
10-14-2011, 11:00 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsBeReality View Post
When one is speaking as an expert, then yes, those factors do come into effect. That is why we're here on this board and they are TV.

One has more validity than the other is his point.
I disagree. Opinions are like *******s. Everyone has one and they serve the same purpose.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 11:01 PM
SherbrookeW

Tremblay had his bad moments as a coach , to go along with his great ones as a player. But Cherry is a constant, ongoing, permanent, shameless, disgusting, repellent embarassment, and anyone who doesn't see this isn't a hockey fan -- just a violence -loving nitwit.

SherbrookeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 11:05 PM
Boardish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
I disagree. Opinions are like *******s. Everyone has one and they serve the same purpose.
Well some *******s know their **** more than other.

Boardish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 11:06 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherbrookeW View Post
Tremblay had his bad moments as a coach , to go along with his great ones as a player. But Cherry is a constant, ongoing, permanent, shameless, disgusting, repellent embarassment, and anyone who doesn't see this isn't a hockey fan -- just a violence -loving nitwit.
Then so be it. Count me in amongst them! I like fights in the NHL. Sue me!

Old
10-14-2011, 11:07 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardish View Post
Well some *******s know their **** more than other.
Do they really or are they just more full of it?

Old
10-14-2011, 11:08 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Look guys, we all know Cherry has a show, it's 90 percent entertainment. But he finally blew the facts & crossed a line. Calling guys like Nilan a Puke is wrong while miss-quoting him to boot...and no apology, just run around.

Guys like knuckles will be more real than Cherry will ever be, Chris has his demons, but moved back to Montreal & is trying to live a normal life everyday, while admitting mistakes & apologizing & being honest. The last thing I'm sure returning to live in Canada/Montreal where he feels comfortable is to be called a puke!

I think that Cherry could have at least apologized & that would be the end of it. Tremblay is defending his friend. All Montreal is in knuckles corner on this disgrace!

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 11:24 PM
Lafleurs Guy

People have a right to their opinion on this issue but the following comment by Tremblay is just dumb:

"If a Quebecer had talked that way (on TV), they'd already be fired. Cherry is still there. It's amazing."

Yeah right...

Look, if Tremblay disagrees with Cherry, fair enough. But there's no need for this kind of crap. The Quebec media is worse than anyone and language has nothing to do with anything here. All this comment does is undermine any other valid points he may have made.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 11:29 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
People have a right to their opinion on this issue but the following comment by Tremblay is just dumb:

"If a Quebecer had talked that way (on TV), they'd already be fired. Cherry is still there. It's amazing."

Yeah right...

Look, if Tremblay disagrees with Cherry, fair enough. But there's no need for this kind of crap. The Quebec media is worse than anyone and language has nothing to do with anything here. All this comment does is undermine any other valid points he may have made.
Yeah, we'll let that one go for now. It might have been a passionate quote. I believe in freedom of speech also, just apologize when you blow it right!

Old
10-15-2011, 12:31 AM
Hullois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
My grandfather, like many others, died of complications from silicosis after working underground in a gold mine his working life.

In whose world would a miner who collected a paycheck be called a "puke" or hypocrite if he spoke out for changing health and air quality standards?

Cherry is the puke, an ignorant loud mouthed one.

That's the best ******* analogy about the whole thing that I have ever read on the Internet.

Hullois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 12:37 AM
FF de Mars

I hate Tremblay, but I despise PET Cherry a whole lot more.

FF de Mars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 12:39 AM
Hab-a-maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
I hate Tremblay, but I despise PET Cherry a whole lot more.
This pretty much sums it up for me too. I think Tremblay takes it real hard because of how he led to Roy's trading but he was a fine player for us. Carbo had a bad ending as coach but it's never clouded his reputation in Habs lore as one of our greatest two-way forwards and a dignified captain. Probably because he never got Saku Koiuv traded or whatever.

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 12:53 AM
Player 61
#Winning

I've been around awhile, I've heard some outrageous stuff,Yes I'm a Howard Stern fan. But that's like **** shock jock & fun!

Grapes went personal! He attacked these guys, called them pukes & alcoholics & drug abusers & worst miss-quoted them calling them turn-coats. Which is un-true. All forgetting 3 men died this off season, not helping at all.

He should apologize & then retire. It's Too much!

Good for Tremblay to defend his team-mate, we can use some more of that these days.

Old
10-15-2011, 01:32 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

we want cherry out, overall?

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 01:39 AM
Player 61
#Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
we want cherry out, overall?
In Montreal I think it would be an over all Anglo/Franco agreement of yes! But there are 9 other Provinces. We should throw up a Poll!

Old
10-15-2011, 01:40 AM
XperHFB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
If u wanted to check out on a tooth That is been bugging u, would u go rather see a dentist or go straight up to a plumber?

Please dont write such idiotic comments again. Every one has its own opinions correct but some people are just in a better position to form an opinion about something in particular.

And an opinion is a judgement u make about something/someone based on things you know/see/hear etc. The purpoce may be the same but the value of it changes from the person that it comes from.

XperHFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 01:42 AM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
What does the NHL have to do with Cherry being hired by the CBC?
Cherry is the loudest voice for the nhl, when people think hockey they are forced to think cherry. I don't see how anyone who watched cherry in his goofy suits and his hate filled rants can take the sport serious afterwards. He makes the whole thing look very bushleague.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 01:42 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs23 View Post
In Montreal I think it would be an over all Anglo/Franco agreement of yes! But there are 9 other Provinces. We should throw up a Poll!
agree!

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 01:47 AM
Player 61
#Winning

Quote:
agree!
Were all in knuckles corner on Island...He fought for us all those years, we can fight for him back! Something Toronto people would understand if they went to the Q or anywhere in Canada for a vacation rather than the Carribean every year! Now I'm giving GTA Crap, but there is more to Canada! Cherry is not a master, In fact there are now 6 other NHL teams in the country. It's getting old & were tired of Grapes. seems like 10% of the Country keeps this guy going.

Like I said we need a good Poll! To really find out.

Old
10-15-2011, 01:50 AM
XperHFB

Quote:
agree!
It all comes down to patriotism. Basicly Cherry is grabbing the other 9 provinces by the balls.

XperHFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 01:58 AM
Player 61
#Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by XperHFB View Post
It all comes down to patriotism. Basicly Cherry is grabbing the other 9 provinces by the balls.
Obviously 70% GTA is on his side add Bruins fans, that's fine! But I think as Canada a whole, it would be nice to hear what others think in the other great Provinces, I bet it's closer than we would think.

I would like to think we got at least half the Maritimes! I Hope!

and I mean were just talking respect & the Habs here! that's all!

Old
10-15-2011, 07:03 AM
nnynetpotato

Nothing about BGL's comment at the bottom of the article where he agrees with Cherry with the exception of calling people "pukes"?

Hmm...

nnynetpotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 07:37 AM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn77 View Post
Couldn't believe this article:

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL.../18827586.html

Tremblay needs to go back under the rock he belongs!
The way both he and Ronald Corey ran this team into the ground during the 90's and he has the stones to speak out against Don Cherry?

Shut it Tremblay!

The only thing that needs to be put in the fire is anything relating to you. Tremblay truly is THE biggest mistake in a Habs jersey in the history of the team! Just even looking at his mug makes me wanna PUKE!
Don't over react. Tremblay might have been a little sensitive, but in some ways he's right. I think Cherry can be very entertaining, but he has a bad habit of spreading hate propaganda. Wimpy Euros, coward Quebecers, Visors are for chickens, Etc.. Has Cherry ever lost an eye due to a stick in the face? Wasn't Sundin the Captain of Toronto for years?

In this case he went on TV in front of millions of viewers and made false claims against players and then called them names. There's something called "Slander" and Cherry's face is all over it.

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 08:22 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by XperHFB View Post
How so? I'm a French Canadian who happens to live in BC and I don't feel any pressure to like/dislike Cherry. Why would it be different for anyone else?

Old
10-15-2011, 08:35 AM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs23 View Post
Don't count on it, he's got 89 posts in 2 years. That's 1 GDT's amount Vs Boston!

This should probably be morphed into the overall Cherry thread, eventually.
I wouldn't even bother. This thread should be closed. If the OP cannot even make an argument that make sense, and can't come defend it, then it simply doesn't deserve to BE.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 09:06 AM
Bonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post

Yeah right...

What he is saying is we pay for those nationals channels from are taxes and the equivalent of CBC in french would not let such an idiot be allowed to talk on TV.

I guess we are paying for every lawyer stuff the CBC need to back Cherry after every controversy he's making and it's not acceptable, at least it is still not on the French channel...

Bonin is offline   Reply With Quote