HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Tremblay speaks out against Don Cherry

View Poll Results: Do you think Don cherry should hang up the suit?
No he is pure entertainment and makes complete sense. 13 15.85%
Yes fire him he's finished! 69 84.15%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old
10-15-2011, 09:09 AM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
People have a right to their opinion on this issue but the following comment by Tremblay is just dumb:

"If a Quebecer had talked that way (on TV), they'd already be fired. Cherry is still there. It's amazing."

Yeah right...

Look, if Tremblay disagrees with Cherry, fair enough. But there's no need for this kind of crap. The Quebec media is worse than anyone and language has nothing to do with anything here. All this comment does is undermine any other valid points he may have made.
The only reason why the language issue exists is because of the media, otherwise nobody would care. Had it never been brought up, I don't think one fan would care if the Habs were full of winning russians. People here just like the Habs, but because of this BS the media keeps spewing out about language and nationality, some fans have bought into it.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 09:09 AM
MXD

Quote:
People have a right to their opinion on this issue but the following comment by Tremblay is just dumb:

"If a Quebecer had talked that way (on TV), they'd already be fired. Cherry is still there. It's amazing."

Yeah right...

Look, if Tremblay disagrees with Cherry, fair enough. But there's no need for this kind of crap. The Quebec media is worse than anyone and language has nothing to do with anything here. All this comment does is undermine any other valid points he may have made.
Quebec's media aren't paid by taxpayers money.

At least, not directly.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 09:14 AM
stish

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule22 View Post
leafs fans is what has keep Cherry around the last few years.
This Leaf fan can't stand Cherry. Him and Tremblay deserve each other. Egomaniacs.

stish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 09:28 AM
BBrowser

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn77 View Post
Couldn't believe this article:

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL.../18827586.html

Tremblay needs to go back under the rock he belongs!
The way both he and Ronald Corey ran this team into the ground during the 90's and he has the stones to speak out against Don Cherry?

Shut it Tremblay!

The only thing that needs to be put in the fire is anything relating to you. Tremblay truly is THE biggest mistake in a Habs jersey in the history of the team! Just even looking at his mug makes me wanna PUKE!
1- There ARE double standards, CBC and Radio Can are two very different animals as far as ethics it seems. Publically funded TV. I guess the kids don't get the difference between cable and public broadcasting. Or maybe they don't care, it's Dad's money.

2- Tremblay (who I hate for chasing Roy out of town) is 10X the HOCKEY figure Cherry is. So Shut it, Cherry!

BBrowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 09:29 AM
Montreal4Life

vCash: 3978
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Cherry is the loudest voice for the nhl, when people think hockey they are forced to think cherry. I don't see how anyone who watched cherry in his goofy suits and his hate filled rants can take the sport serious afterwards. He makes the whole thing look very bushleague.
I'll admit, when I think of hockey, one of the last thing I think of is Cherry. God I hope you dont think of him either.

FYI, CBC should fire his ass. NHL has nothing to do with this

Montreal4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 09:37 AM
Skarjak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
Are you defending Cherry here or bashing Tremblay?

If you hate Tremblay that doesn't take away his right to speak his opinion.

If you're defending Cherry then that's pathetic because what he said was a real shame to all Canadians.
Not all Canadians. Apparently English Canada is fine with his opinions.

Skarjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 10:08 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs23 View Post
Were all in knuckles corner on Island...He fought for us all those years, we can fight for him back! Something Toronto people would understand if they went to the Q or anywhere in Canada for a vacation rather than the Carribean every year! Now I'm giving GTA Crap, but there is more to Canada! Cherry is not a master, In fact there are now 6 other NHL teams in the country. It's getting old & were tired of Grapes. seems like 10% of the Country keeps this guy going.

Like I said we need a good Poll! To really find out.
That's one of the dumbest generalizations I think I've ever heard on this site it made me laugh big time. Yeah they're morons for going to the Caribbean each year LOL. Sorry man but that cracked me up big time IRL definitely one of my fave posts this year.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 10:10 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonin View Post
What he is saying is we pay for those nationals channels from are taxes and the equivalent of CBC in french would not let such an idiot be allowed to talk on TV.

I guess we are paying for every lawyer stuff the CBC need to back Cherry after every controversy he's making and it's not acceptable, at least it is still not on the French channel...
And what everyone else including him is saying is that this is a bold face lie and we all know it isn't true.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 10:26 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Quebec's media aren't paid by taxpayers money.

At least, not directly.
Who cares? Tremblay is still being a tool here.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 11:50 AM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
So let me ask you... How many Cups have you won? How many NHL teams have you coached? Does this mean that your opinion isn't as valuable as theirs and that they're always right when disagreeing with you?

Food for thoughts...
Way to get way out of line and out of context. We are all equals and are just as important than the person sitting beside us, don't twist and turn things around. The guy had a valid point. He was simply saying that Mario knows first hand about how todays game is and how to approach things. Cherry on the other hand is a joke and a bigot. Why are you defending this clown?

Jmac1160* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 11:57 AM
glenn77

Quote:
Who cares? Tremblay is still being a tool here.
amen to that!
I love all these posters that bring the French vs English debate on this when really all it was was Mario the tool opening his mouth against Don who, contrary to some of the bleeding hearts on here, actually knows what hockey is all about.

I bleed Montreal Canadiens but I also know that Mario T is an idiot and to say that he is more of a hockey genius than Don is ....:showerhead

Sorry, I love Don and agree with him. I don't care he called out Knuckles. If Don was part of Montreal's past glory I am sure he would have immunity but since he isn't in Quebec I guess that makes him the enemy.

glenn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 12:03 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Who thinks Don Cherry should retire?

I was reading up on the thread about Mario Tremblay calling out Don Cherry, and I noticed that some of you wanted a poll to get a general idea on who thinks that Don Cherry should retire. So here it is. IMO I think he should be shipped off to the states and join Pierre McGuire so they can be the most obnoxious tandem in sports history. That way I don't have to hear his unbiased comments, and ridiculous I TOLD YOU SO COMMENTS.

I'm not here to anger anyone with my comments if you're a cherry fan, but I just felt like I had to get that off my chest haha.

So lets see some legit votes and peoples honest opinions about him.

Jmac1160* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 12:28 PM
Jigger77

Can you add a don't care option? That's my vote. He can say whatever he wants, I won't be there to listen. And if I do catch it, I'd rather laugh than get all bent up out of shape over it.

Besides, I'm pretty sure he's on his last season.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 12:33 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

I think he should retire...but no way CBC fires him with the cash he's bringing in.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 12:33 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
I chose fire him, but I don't think he should be fired. I think he should get the hint and step down, but he won't.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 12:36 PM
gusfring

No. He's entertaining.

gusfring is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 12:42 PM
Aeneas

He is entertaining, gives us something to have a conversation about, i can't recall ever agreeing with him but you can't deny he makes things interesting

Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 12:44 PM
groovejuice

He is simply embarassing and embarassingly simple

groovejuice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 12:51 PM
BBrowser

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn77 View Post
amen to that!
I love all these posters that bring the French vs English debate on this when really all it was was Mario the tool opening his mouth against Don who, contrary to some of the bleeding hearts on here, actually knows what hockey is all about.

I bleed Montreal Canadiens but I also know that Mario T is an idiot and to say that he is more of a hockey genius than Don is ....:showerhead

Sorry, I love Don and agree with him. I don't care he called out Knuckles. If Don was part of Montreal's past glory I am sure he would have immunity but since he isn't in Quebec I guess that makes him the enemy.
I don't understand. I thought you disliked Tremblay's comment besause the difference between CBC and Radio Canada is one of the (very) few things Tremblay talks about in the article. LOL never could have guessed the only thing that moved you was the fact he called out Cherry! LOL Sorry... You like CHerry..

I'll take on the surname of sissy frenchy anytime before redneck! At least you're not shy about it...

BBrowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 01:00 PM
habsjunkie2*

I don't think anyone should be fired unless they are doing a poor job. He's not. He makes CBC money and draws a crowd for his controversial opinions, therefore, he should not be fired over a couple of comments that hurt a few guys feelings.

I can't help but feel that a lot of the problems in the Habs fan base with Cherry stems back to his criticism of french players, was he over the top, sure, was he wrong, sure, get over it, most in the country enjoy Coach's Corner and take it for what it's worth.

Don Cherry may come off a bit fanatical and downright outrageous at times, but he has a lot of valuable information as well and is right more often that not, he's set in his ways, much the way most of us are, he just has a larger audience.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 01:04 PM
ThaDevilGirl

He's entertaining. I enjoy his suits when my TV is muted.

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 01:08 PM
CaptainC

Can you add the "he is entertaining but doesn't make any sense" option in the poll?

CaptainC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 01:13 PM
Clumsyhab

No, he's entertaining even tho I don't always agree with him. However, he does have more Hockey knowledge than most guys criticizing him on RDS.

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 01:13 PM
Young Gun

haven't watch the loud mouth bee in yrs. He wasn't any good playing hockey or coaching hockey but he always found a way to make money with his mouth yapping all the time. All you hear from him is _" i told you so" , "should have listened to me" or tronna is gonna win this one...if he wasn't so old, i'd like to see nilan give him some knuckles

Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 01:15 PM
MasterD

Retire? He should be fired.

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote