HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Home Opener!! Nashville Predators v Phoenix Coyotes: 7pm CDT

Old
10-14-2011, 05:27 PM
PredsChik

vCash: 500
When you google the term "gold" you get a pretty wide variety from Vandy gold to the orangey-yellow ours is. Granted, they're not skating around in metallic shiney jerseys but Vandy isn't running in metallic either. Also, Smyrna High School is purple and gold and their gold is closer to ours than it is to Vandy (iirc, they are right next door to me...)

No right or wrong. All gold. And I must be in the 10% of women that look good in that mustardy shade.

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 05:37 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

There are plenty of golds listed under the Pantene scale that aren't metallic. I think ours is closest to Luminous Vivid Gold. What do you think? http://www.perbang.dk/rgb/FFDF00/

Oh, and PF98, you look mahvelous in gold. Don't worry about it at all.

I got really teary over the Belak video too. Very depressing. I wonder what percentage of teams have lost their home opener just because of the Lokomotiv and NHL memorials putting a damper on spirits? After last night I had to wonder how much things affected St. Louis and Columbus.

Last edited by Adz: 10-14-2011 at 05:46 PM.
Adz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 06:05 PM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
There are plenty of golds listed under the Pantene scale that aren't metallic. I think ours is closest to Luminous Vivid Gold. What do you think? http://www.perbang.dk/rgb/FFDF00/

Oh, and PF98, you look mahvelous in gold. Don't worry about it at all.

I got really teary over the Belak video too. Very depressing. I wonder what percentage of teams have lost their home opener just because of the Lokomotiv and NHL memorials putting a damper on spirits? After last night I had to wonder how much things affected St. Louis and Columbus.
Thank you... I wonder how it will look on saturday in the arena, I can't wait.

The belak video had me in tears also. I can't see how it didn't affect some of the team members.
The little memorial to all the other players that they showed (lokomotiv) is about all they did at columbus and st louis....

hopefully we have our "old" preds type team show up on Saturday.....

come on weber, earn your 7.5...............

where is that pick your whipping boy thread!

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 06:06 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Winnipeg Jets home opener they did a tribute to Rick Rypien (it was televised...the tribute), they actually lost that game 5 - 2 to Montreal.
Not sure if that was the reason they lost, or they are a young team getting used to new team etc.

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 07:42 PM
hockey diva

It's yellow and I gave mine to a friend who will look much better in it than I will. I will get a road white at some point.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 07:53 PM
glenngineer

Not sure why we're talking about if our uni's are yellow or gold. I guess it's more interesting than talking about the game.

I'm also not sure why people are upset with Weber and not applauding him during the introduction. Is it his fault he wasn't offered a contract he felt was worthy of his services? I really don't understand to be perfectly honest. At the end of the day, this is a business. He owes no loyalty to us in signing a long term contract. Would it be nice. Yes. Is it a foregone conclusion. No. We have for this year and more than likely next year. Beyond that is anyone's guess. Better cheer for him now because he may be somewhere else and we'll be wishing he was back here.

glenngineer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 07:59 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Not sure why we're talking about if our uni's are yellow or gold. I guess it's more interesting than talking about the game.

I'm also not sure why people are upset with Weber and not applauding him during the introduction. Is it his fault he wasn't offered a contract he felt was worthy of his services? I really don't understand to be perfectly honest. At the end of the day, this is a business. He owes no loyalty to us in signing a long term contract. Would it be nice. Yes. Is it a foregone conclusion. No. We have for this year and more than likely next year. Beyond that is anyone's guess. Better cheer for him now because he may be somewhere else and we'll be wishing he was back here.
Agreeeeeeed

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 08:45 PM
cleangene

A question which came to mind earlier today: where was Erat during the introductions?? Horns, Fish, and Cube all weren't dressed, but appeared on the bench. Just like when he plays at times, does Marty disappear in civilian life????

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 08:50 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleangene View Post
A question which came to mind earlier today: where was Erat during the introductions?? Horns, Fish, and Cube all weren't dressed, but appeared on the bench. Just like when he plays at times, does Marty disappear in civilian life????
In a conspiracy moment last night the thought crossed my mind that maybe he's hurt worse than we realize and all the players knew it and that's what was distracting them and causing them to...well...you saw the game.

JohniusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 09:12 PM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleangene View Post
I have no information, but i have a theory. If he has a concussion, it's gotten worse, and he just couldn't do it. apparently he also left the meet the team party abruptly.

good wishes to you, Marty...

and yes, talking about what color of gold things are is more interesting than talking about the game...... it was that horrid.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 09:46 PM
WartracePred

Talking about the shade of gold does take my mind off of how badly they played last night. When I saw the shirts draped over the seats, I had a sudden craving for cheetos. Throughout the game I kept thinking it looked like a big bowl of the savory snack.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 10:07 PM
tonyin318

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
Winnipeg Jets home opener they did a tribute to Rick Rypien (it was televised...the tribute), they actually lost that game 5 - 2 to Montreal.
Not sure if that was the reason they lost, or they are a young team getting used to new team etc.
They lost 5-1, not 5-2 and it was due to Karma

tonyin318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 10:08 PM
tonyin318

Quote:
Originally Posted by WartracePred View Post
the savory snack.
now that was funny

Old
10-14-2011, 10:11 PM
tonyin318

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Better cheer for him now because he may be somewhere else and we'll be wishing he was back here.
This is true. For the most part, I'm pretty confident the players dont really care which city they play in. Enjoy him while he is in Nashville.

Old
10-15-2011, 12:46 AM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

I cheered for Shea. I agree that the players ultimately see this as the business it is. They can be traded at any time or the player may leave due to injury or free agency. I just cheer for the laundry, whoever may be inside. It gets easier with time.

Adz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 02:27 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

I cheered for Shea. I didn't see anyone around me not cheering for him.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 08:52 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Saw the score while I was sitting in accounting class and decided to go back to paying attention to my professor instead.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 08:58 AM
Firestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
Saw the score while I was sitting in accounting class and decided to go back to paying attention to my professor instead.
After 4.5 years of accounting in university, I have a question for you.

What's a debit?

Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 09:05 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherHockeyFan View Post
After 4.5 years of accounting in university, I have a question for you.

What's a debit?
From what I've learned, a debit is an amount which is added on the left side, where as credit is on the right side.

Good to know you have so much experience with accounting, I'm sure I'll need lots of help.

Old
10-15-2011, 09:17 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
From what I've learned, a debit is an amount which is added on the left side, where as credit is on the right side.

Good to know you have so much experience with accounting, I'm sure I'll need lots of help.
I did 3 years of accounting in high school. Got college credit for Accounting III. Have thought about going back for accounting degree, numbers have always interested me...

Back on topic...

Who's got today's GDT?

Also, anyone notice that Thursday was the first game I can recall having an entirely drafted and developed D corps? Weber, Suter, Klein, Blum, Laakso, and Ekholm all were Nashville draft picks that came up through our system and all have spent time in Milwaukee (even if Ekholm didn't play last season, he joined the team during their playoff run)!

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 09:18 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Do we have any new standards for doing GDT? If the standards are bare bones, I can do that!

Old
10-15-2011, 09:20 AM
WartracePred

Quote:

Well after 5-1/2 years of owning my own restaurant, I have an accounting question too.... What's a credit? I've seen lots and lots of debits. Very familiar with that side of the ledger.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 09:24 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Well after 5-1/2 years of owning my own restaurant, I have an accounting question too.... What's a credit? I've seen lots and lots of debits. Very familiar with that side of the ledger.
My guess is (again I'm new to all this) either your fees earned/revenue are low or your expenses are high.

Old
10-15-2011, 09:34 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Debits are your assets (revenues, property, etc). Essentially the plus side of your ledger (left column - money coming in). Credits represent money going out. Your expenses, liabilities, etc (the right column of your ledger).

As a business owner in this economy, I'm sure you've seen a lot of debt(s)...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 09:51 AM
cleangene

Hope the debit of the GOLD standard outweights the credit side tonight. With their performance Thursday, SL, I don't know if that "ALL HOME GROWN UNIT" speaks well for the system or not!!!!!

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote