HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[Game#4|15/10/11|19H|Avalanche @ Canadiens|RDS(HD) CBC]

Closed Thread

Old
10-15-2011, 03:11 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs23 View Post
@I13 Yes Denver is no slouch. A Similar style team, what happened in Ottawa, 45 Mins up the 417 is not Montreal. Price wants his 100th & Denver/Colorado has been in town all day(I'm from MLB, I always call teams by City 1st than state or Province). In a major City, they will be a little more tired than in sleepy Suburban Ottawa. Hopefully full and happy of Great food, & lethargic. All jokes aside...
I like this line, Landeskog, O'Reilly and Winnk, but the Bell Centre won't be E-Z on a Sat night.

Price-Cole & Gionta will have something to prove.

Hopefully O'Brien is E-Z on us in the corners, we sure could use him now!
You probably meant O'Byrne.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
Thank you Ivan13 for a nice update on the state of the Avs! And beautiful GDT CG!

I'm looking forward to a much better outcome to the game tonight. Looking to see the Habs come out strong with a goal or two and keep up the pressure. I think Price will have a strong game, and I predict a great game from the Plekanec line.

Go Habs Go!
You're welcome. Martin has to figure out how to stop the Avs 3rd line, because no one did thus far, they caused havoc for opposing team defenses in each game until now.

Old
10-15-2011, 03:21 AM
bigdaddydroc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs23 View Post
This is Montreal, the City that invented the game. Trust us! We keep eyeballs on everyone!
Haha fair enough...I just find so many teams concentrate on Duchene and Staz that they end up thinking 'where the hell did this guy come from' when they see O'Reilly. Just wanted to give you the heads up on a player that has been great in the young season.

Old
10-15-2011, 03:32 AM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
@I13, Yeah I did mean O'Byrne, thx. Techno error, seems that if the speller recommends other names & I accidentally said yes. Of course! O'Byrne!

Old
10-15-2011, 03:37 AM
Peter The Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
Make sure you guys shake Landeskog a couple times. That punk is overrated.
You are a Swede badmouthing one of our best young talents ever? I hope you feel proud of yourself.

Probably the Calder winner this season and most likely a future Captain of the Swedish national team. (In about 2-4 years.)

Last edited by 21: 10-15-2011 at 03:48 AM.
Old
10-15-2011, 06:09 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Here's an article about Avs 3rd line for everyone that's interested

http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/ci_19118308

Old
10-15-2011, 07:51 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
I like Patches and Kostitsyn playing together by why are they on the third line?
Maybe to provide some physical strength and speed to match up with the Avs 3rd line? Martin may want to try and match Pleks/Gomez against the threat of Duchene/Stastny who may run riot against what D we have, especially Gill's lack of footspeed and the inexperience of half our D. If so, that would leave DD matching up against one of the Avs bottom 6 lines and those boys can skate, hit, hustle and outwork teams that are on their game, let alone out of form. Giving DD two big wingers may just help that line hold their own if that is the match-up they get. Still, it will be a big challenge to whoever goes on the ice against them. They have looked great so far this year and at times absolutely dominated the Bruins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddydroc View Post
Avs fan here....a really nice job by the op an the gdt. I know we have a long ways to go, but i honestly think you'll be impressed by our squad tomorrow (win or lose) keep an eye on O'Reilly. This kids two way play is impressive. I'm excited to see your squad play tomorrow...we dont get to see them a ton...should be a fun game to watch!
The Avs are my 2nd team and I've enjoyed watching them early this year. You guys look to be in great form. Loved Hejduk getting the winner against the Bruins, one of my favourite players in the league. I hope he has a big year for you, just not too big a game against us. I seem to recall that Habs/Avs games in recent years have been interesting for one reason or other.

This one could be a close one if we find our game but I'm a bit worried about what the Avs could do to us if we continue to struggle. Duchene's speed and the Avs forecheck against our D are my main concerns, not to mention the ability of guys like Stastny and Hejduk to pull something special out of the bag. The way we have been caught short at the back and running around in our own zone doesn't bode well but if the team pulls together, we have guys who can play physically and work hard against anyone. Think we may have our work cut out for us tonight.

And then we have the issue of getting our forwards to try to score against a goalie/team playing well. At least with Price in net we may be able to give your forwards some real headaches as well.

Anyways, here is to a good, clean, hard hitting game with both teams staying healthy. If both teams could score a point tonight, I'd be happy with that, just not sure how well we match up with the Avs right now.

Old
10-15-2011, 07:55 AM
Habs Junkie

for all those on twitter:

#occupybellcenter

let's get it trending

Old
10-15-2011, 08:45 AM
TheHabMan43
You'd Better RUN!

Nice GDT!

4-2 Habs

Hopefully a strong game tonight.

Last edited by TheHabMan43: 10-15-2011 at 09:05 AM.
Old
10-15-2011, 08:59 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Do we really have two Avs fans bickering on the Habs board ? Now there's a first.

Old
10-15-2011, 09:02 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
Do we really have two Avs fans bickering on the Habs board ? Now there's a first.
If you look close enough you'll see I'm a Habs fan as well.

Old
10-15-2011, 09:07 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
If you look close enough you'll see I'm a Habs fan as well.
Dang, you are right. I should have looked at your avatar.

Old
10-15-2011, 09:14 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
Dang, you are right. I should have looked at your avatar.
Well if you actually tried to read the whole thread you would see my previous post in which it clearly says: Avs/Habs fan.

Last edited by Crimson Skorpion: 10-15-2011 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Play nice.
Old
10-15-2011, 09:22 AM
Habs

It's amazing to see how this Avs organization can completely revamp itself in a such a short time, I hope PG took some notes.

5-1 Avs.

Old
10-15-2011, 09:30 AM
le_sean

Quote:
Avs/Habs fan here, I just want to shed some light on Avs games so far.

Avs dominated the Red Wings in the 1st period and the Wings were pretty lucky to be all even at the break (Conklin was standing on his head), the two goals Avs conceded were lasers from Franzen and Zetterberg, plus an empty net goal.

Avs played better than Bruins during that game, Varlamov have one impressive save and another good one, but other than that he wasn't tested all that much, Rask was better and he had more luck since Staz and EJ both hit the post.

Game against CBJ was their worst so far and they still managed to win it, CBJ had one shot (Martinek's goal) in the 3rd period when Avs started to play up to their standard from the games against DET and BOS.

Game against OTT was a blowout, Avs players wanted to pile up goals on Anderson and Ottawa was in their own zone for the huge part of the game, shots were 38-16 in favour of Colorado.

Our best line by far is the line feauturing Landeskog, O'Reilly and Winnk, they're an agressive forchecking unit that forces a lot of giveaways, with O'Reilly leading the way as Avs best forward (by far) thus far. Avs best defensive pairing is Hejda - EJ, Hejda (our best defensman ATM) excels as an defensive defensman that can move the puck rather well for someone as big as he is, while EJ plays a more offensive role.

In general Avs defense allowed few clear cut scoring chances thus far.

I hope I provided some insight for you guys regarding this Avs team.

PS

A note to OP, replace Mueller in your lineups with Lindstrom.
The one advantage Montreal has over the teams the Avs played is speed. Detroit, Boston and Columbus are all pretty slow teams and Ottawa just sucks. Should be an entertaining game.

Old
10-15-2011, 09:37 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
The one advantage Montreal has over the teams the Avs played is speed. Detroit, Boston and Columbus are all pretty slow teams and Ottawa just sucks. Should be an entertaining game.
Detroit isn't exactly slow, they don't play fast paced hockey, but they transform from defense into attack really quickly (ie Zetterberg's goal against Avs).

Old
10-15-2011, 09:42 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
3-2 Avs.

Landeskog first career hat-trick.

Old
10-15-2011, 09:44 AM
PhysicX

vCash: 755
3-2 penalty shootout for Montreal.

Subban
Gionta
Plekanec

Old
10-15-2011, 09:46 AM
RE-HABS

Habs win with Price getting his 100th victory in the Breast Cancer Pink equipment driving up the value of the equipment when auctioned off for charity!

I see Eller and Gomez both having good games, and one of Cole or Patches doing well too.

GO HABS GO!!!

Old
10-15-2011, 09:48 AM
Max Levine

Quote:
Avs/Habs fan here, I just want to shed some light on Avs games so far.

Avs dominated the Red Wings in the 1st period and the Wings were pretty lucky to be all even at the break (Conklin was standing on his head), the two goals Avs conceded were lasers from Franzen and Zetterberg, plus an empty net goal.

Avs played better than Bruins during that game, Varlamov have one impressive save and another good one, but other than that he wasn't tested all that much, Rask was better and he had more luck since Staz and EJ both hit the post.

Game against CBJ was their worst so far and they still managed to win it, CBJ had one shot (Martinek's goal) in the 3rd period when Avs started to play up to their standard from the games against DET and BOS.

Game against OTT was a blowout, Avs players wanted to pile up goals on Anderson and Ottawa was in their own zone for the huge part of the game, shots were 38-16 in favour of Colorado.

Our best line by far is the line feauturing Landeskog, O'Reilly and Winnk, they're an agressive forchecking unit that forces a lot of giveaways, with O'Reilly leading the way as Avs best forward (by far) thus far. Avs best defensive pairing is Hejda - EJ, Hejda (our best defensman ATM) excels as an defensive defensman that can move the puck rather well for someone as big as he is, while EJ plays a more offensive role.

In general Avs defense allowed few clear cut scoring chances thus far.

I hope I provided some insight for you guys regarding this Avs team.

PS

A note to OP, replace Mueller in your lineups with Lindstrom.
While you're here, Ivan, wanna tell me how you feel today about Stewart/Shattenkirk for EJ trade?

CG, great job on the GDT!

Last edited by Max Levine: 10-15-2011 at 10:01 AM.
Old
10-15-2011, 09:55 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Levine View Post
While you're here, Ivan, wanna tell me how you feel today about Stewart/Shattenkirk for EJ trade?
I feel good, but I wasn't a big Stewart (he floats way too much for my liking) fan to beging with. I feel more sorry about losing Shatty than Stew, but we replaced him with Siemens and McClement is making it possible for O'Reilly to focus more on offensive tasks, so that a good thing as well.

I would call this trade a win-win for both teams.

Old
10-15-2011, 10:03 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
It's amazing to see how this Avs organization can completely revamp itself in a such a short time, I hope PG took some notes.

5-1 Avs.
Right...I'd much rather have PG than Sherman.

Old
10-15-2011, 10:43 AM
Nihiliste

Please don't do this to us again

Anyways good luck tonight guys (but not too much luck )

Old
10-15-2011, 10:46 AM
NHLcrazy

Let's hope they just show up and give some kind of effort... last game was a disgrace.

3-2 Habs in a SO.

Old
10-15-2011, 10:46 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihiliste View Post
Please don't do this to us again

Anyways good luck tonight guys (but not too much luck )
I fail to see what is wrong with that /sarcasm

Old
10-15-2011, 10:48 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
I fail to see what is wrong with that /sarcasm
Count the number of Habs in that pic.

EDIT: I just saw the part written in white.

Closed Thread