HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Down On The Farm w/ Manchester Monarchs: Blue Line Corps May Be Greatest Asset

Old
10-14-2011, 07:40 AM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Down On The Farm w/ Manchester Monarchs: Blue Line Corps May Be Greatest Asset

Down On The Farm With The Manchester Monarchs: Blue Line Corps May Be Their Greatest Asset

FrozenRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 09:30 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

I think it's pretty sick we have five guys listed in that article who all have a realistic shot of becoming NHL regular defensemen in the next few years patrolling the Monarchs defense. Manchester should be dominate this year if guys like Kozun, Loktionov and King can lead a much thinner offense than last year.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 10:18 AM
Mr Irreverent
Thiago who???

Now we just need to do the same with our forwards and get a great balance.

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 10:44 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
Now we just need to do the same with our forwards and get a great balance.
Would have been closer this year if not for Holloway and Moller taking off. That hurt the offensive depth for sure.

Old
10-15-2011, 10:02 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Would have been closer this year if not for Holloway and Moller taking off. That hurt the offensive depth for sure.
Yeah but that's kind of a blessing in disguise in a lot of ways because it opens up the door for Vey, Kozun, Nolan, and Czarnik to have increased roles whereas some of them might have been potentially scratched or even sent to Ontario (not Kozun but the other ones maybe.)

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 10:57 AM
AStammer7*

I Wouldn't Say Five

Quote:
I think it's pretty sick we have five guys listed in that article who all have a realistic shot of becoming NHL regular defensemen in the next few years patrolling the Monarchs defense. Manchester should be dominate this year if guys like Kozun, Loktionov and King can lead a much thinner offense than last year.
I'd say more likely three(Voynov,Hickey,Muzzin) than five. But you never know Campbell may still rise from the ashes and be that solid # 5, 6th D-man with Deslauriers too in that picture.

AStammer7* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 11:14 AM
AStammer7*

Don't Think Moller,Holloway Would've Cleared Waivers!

Quote:
I wish both Moller and Holloway had stayed and competed for roster spots in LA. But seeing that the chances may have not worked in their favor they took the next best move: the SEL. Watching that third and fourth lines for the Kings they could sure use more speed. I don't like the addition of Hunter and Moreau they are too slow and have logged too many miles. I guess we'll see when the season is over...

PS Rather see Moller and Holloway playing in SEL than another organization...

AStammer7* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 06:13 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmaloney27 View Post
I'd say more likely three(Voynov,Hickey,Muzzin) than five. But you never know Campbell may still rise from the ashes and be that solid # 5, 6th D-man with Deslauriers too in that picture.
I'll agree Campbell is debateable, but currently, expectations are high that Deslaurier will be a future NHLer. I think Campbell will be as well eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmaloney27 View Post
I wish both Moller and Holloway had stayed and competed for roster spots in LA. But seeing that the chances may have not worked in their favor they took the next best move: the SEL. Watching that third and fourth lines for the Kings they could sure use more speed. I don't like the addition of Hunter and Moreau they are too slow and have logged too many miles. I guess we'll see when the season is over...

PS Rather see Moller and Holloway playing in SEL than another organization...
True, could have been claimed on waivers. didn't really think of that. that said, given how few players were claimed, I doubt either would have been claimed.