HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

#3 - 10.15.2011 | New York Rangers @ New York Islanders | 7:00 PM - MSG (HD)

Closed Thread

Old
10-15-2011, 12:20 PM
NYR Dubi 17

vCash: 500
you guys are down playing the isles defense so much.. they made tampa look horrible.. barely any scoring chances against a team that actually has offense... now put our offense in there... this one is gonna be ugly watch

Old
10-15-2011, 12:25 PM
Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshy3413 View Post
It's ironic that the image you put, is from the music video of the song "**** in my pants" but I'm assuming its to express your disgust at those lines?
Definitely disgust and certainly not euforia. Your assumption was right.

Old
10-15-2011, 12:38 PM
Tavartrick
All hail Wang!

Does anyone know what radio station I could find the game on? I'm going to be working till midnight and have been desperately looking for a radio station that will broadcast the game. Apparently 1050WEPN will have the Tigers-Rangers game at 7PM, correct me if I'm wrong?

Old
10-15-2011, 12:49 PM
Evolved83

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 Min Misconduct View Post
They probably do this so the players can get readjusted from jet lag. Some people adjust faster then others. A family member of mine takes 3-4 days to readjust and thats under normal conditions. Hockey players are going full throttle in practice and such and probably need the extra time to adjust to the difference.
It depends on the person really... I just went to europe for 2 weeks, and it took me 8 days to adjust when I got there. When I got back, I had no problems with jet lag, so lets hope some are like me lol

I think this game will be a close one, but the key is getting off to a good start. Without that, we are in trouble...

Old
10-15-2011, 12:58 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Dubi 17 View Post
you guys are down playing the isles defense so much.. they made tampa look horrible.. barely any scoring chances against a team that actually has offense... now put our offense in there... this one is gonna be ugly watch
cause the isles are better than the lightning right. anyone can win a game. Rangers can take the freaking Isles

Old
10-15-2011, 01:10 PM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavartrick View Post
Does anyone know what radio station I could find the game on? I'm going to be working till midnight and have been desperately looking for a radio station that will broadcast the game. Apparently 1050WEPN will have the Tigers-Rangers game at 7PM, correct me if I'm wrong?
1130 AM for the Rangers broadcast and 88.7 FM for the Isles broadcast.

Old
10-15-2011, 01:11 PM
irishsuperhero

The perfect team to play to really get the ball rolling. Lets go Rangers!

Old
10-15-2011, 01:18 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Do you realize that it's only been two games, and prior to those two games our offensive players didn't really get a ton of practice time together.

They've had 4 or so good practices now and I think they should look better tonight. Don't start with the stormy clouds or doom and gloom already, it's too early to panic.

10-15-2011, 01:26 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Basically a song about tonight. Let's go Rangers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
10-15-2011, 01:28 PM
MorrisWanchuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
Man its crazy how different your D is with Staal in the line up.....McDonagh and Giradi is a really good pair.....I dont think you's guys D is as bad as your making it out to be.....The kid Erixon is a stud IMO his only weakness thus far islack of expeirance...If Del Zotta plays to his full potential you guys should be abe to weather the storm until Staal gets back....
Didnt' we used to patronize the Isles and not the other way round?

what is the world coming to? We need to right this starting tonight.

Old
10-15-2011, 01:29 PM
MorrisWanchuk

what a bunch of naysayers.

suck it up people.

we'll win this one.

Old
10-15-2011, 01:43 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorrisWanchuk View Post
what a bunch of naysayers.

suck it up people.

we'll win this one.
I think so too. The Isles have three serious offensive threats in Tavares, Okposo and Grabner. Three great scorers for sure - but compared to Richards and Gaborik and then the pack line potentially working their normal magic together I think that the Rangers can outplay them in that department. Defense will depend on how Eminger and Woywitka play together, I think. But, they're both veterans and they're not going to get a ton of minutes so I think they'll be able to handle it. The goalie matchup if obviously in our favor - by a lot. It should be a good game.

Old
10-15-2011, 01:45 PM
NYR Dubi 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
Do you realize that it's only been two games, and prior to those two games our offensive players didn't really get a ton of practice time together.

They've had 4 or so good practices now and I think they should look better tonight. Don't start with the stormy clouds or doom and gloom already, it's too early to panic.
i know its to early to panic but yes anyone can win a game, but the islanders if healthy aren't a pushover anymore.. idk why you guys think there an automatic win cuz there "the islanders" . They have 3 solid lines that could score and our defense corps is tattered and torn right now

and no the islanders arent better then tampa but they did make tampa look like tards

Old
10-15-2011, 01:48 PM
Callahan4C

Was just over on the isles board...they are saying some dumb stuff lol ...I thought it was funny...how we are lot worse then them lmao

Old
10-15-2011, 01:49 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
i know its to early to panic but yes anyone can win a game, but the islanders if healthy aren't a pushover anymore.. idk why you guys think there an automatic win cuz there "the islanders" . They have 3 solid lines that could score and our defense corps is tattered and torn right now

and no the islanders arent better then tampa but they did make tampa look like tards
Please point out posters who said that... Oh wait, no one did.

Old
10-15-2011, 01:54 PM
SRTtoZ

So how many goals does PA Parenteau score on us today?

Old
10-15-2011, 01:54 PM
NYR Dubi 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
Please point out posters who said that... Oh wait, no one did.
noone said it directly but your implying it.....

Old
10-15-2011, 01:58 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
noone said it directly but your implying it.....
No one is implying anything besides the fact that both teams have a shaky defense, we have Hank in net, and our forwards are much more experienced. We have had the Isles number every season and there is no reason why we should lose this game. The Rangers should win this game, not because they are the "Islanders", but because we should win it. Does that mean we will win, no.

Old
10-15-2011, 02:00 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:

I don't know if you were referring to me or everyone else but I for one never assumed a win. It will be an intense game where both sides will be scratching and clawing for space and possession.

All I said was I think our offense should look better due to the amount of practice time they've had now. The Isles are by no means a pushover.

Old
10-15-2011, 02:01 PM
Tanner Glass
Tanner 'C'lass GOAT

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callahan4C View Post
Was just over on the isles board...they are saying some dumb stuff lol ...I thought it was funny...how we are lot worse then them lmao
Made me look. Unbelievable how dumb some people can be. "The Rangers are a bunch of 3rd liners"

Old
10-15-2011, 02:05 PM
NYR Dubi 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
I don't know if you were referring to me or everyone else but I for one never assumed a win. It will be an intense game where both sides will be scratching and clawing for space and possession.

All I said was I think our offense should look better due to the amount of practice time they've had now. The Isles are by no means a pushover.
well i hope your right

Old
10-15-2011, 02:08 PM
Callahan4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by nils2317 View Post
Made me look. Unbelievable how dumb some people can be. "The Rangers are a bunch of 3rd liners"
Lmao I kno...ppl can be such homersss!

Old
10-15-2011, 02:11 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

It's gonna be a big game for sure. Brich and Gabby have a big game and a lot of the negativity from last week fades, but if we lose expect the board to be unbearable.

Thank goodness I get to watch this one on my big TV at home, this is gonna be good.

Old
10-15-2011, 02:12 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callahan4C View Post
The Isles have a board?? Guess all four of them were getting whipped into a frenzy over this game huh?? Anywho..

I've been impressed with the Isles directing everything to the net and their d and high man coming down the slot hard. Isles fans should be happy with what they have seen so far.

As far s the Rangers are concerned. I would like to see two passes in the row on the tape and to also get away from the bend but not break mentality in their zone.

Hank has been Hank, but imo the Rangers offense has looked poor to start the season. The PP does look more deadly though. Looking for a solid sixty and some help from someone on the left wing..

Old
10-15-2011, 02:13 PM
msv957

The Rangers are missing Staal and Sauer on defense.

The Icelanders are missing Jurcina on defense

Even with these injuries, this Ranger defense playing tonight is far better than what the Isles are bringing to the game tonight. It's not even close. The Isles have Mottau, Eaton and Staios who wouldn't even make the Ranger lineup tonight.

Closed Thread