HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hockey's Future Fall 2005 Organizational Rankings (16-30)

Closed Thread

Old
10-27-2005, 10:54 AM
BuppY

vCash: 500
Hockey's Future Fall 2005 Organizational Rankings (16-30)

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=8041

Old
10-27-2005, 11:14 AM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

What's interesting is that our top picks of the past 3 years are already playing on the big team. Two of them are guaranteed to be cornerstone players (Anton and Andrej). The other, Eaves, has shown flashes of potential.

Not too many other teams have that kind of scouting capability, particularly on a deep team like ours with a low drafting position.

Old
10-27-2005, 11:22 AM
The Fuhr*

I don't think the Sens get a fair shake anymore on prospect rankings, underrated is the word that comes to mind. They are always rated middle of the pack in rankings now, if its the hockeysnews or hockeysfuture. The sens just don't get the respect they desrve. We draft and develop better then anyteam in the league, just look at Meszaros we got him late 20th overall and now 2 years later he cracked our lineup which is no easy task and he loos like a saavy veteran, a future number 1 on our hands. Hell Boshenski made our team and he was drafted 227 overall in 2001. The sens have elite forward propescts over in Russia Kaigorov,Mirnov,Zubov,Nikulin and a couple of pretty good defenseman over there too Lyamin,Anikeyenko,Gimayev and Megalinsky. I am not going to go threw everyone in the sens system but alot of players will make it to NHL in some capacity. Its just that I think our scouting desrves more praise then the media gives them, we have the best scouting system in the league.

Old
10-27-2005, 11:25 AM
BuppY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhr86
I don't think the Sens get a fair shake anymore on prospect rankings, underrated is the word that comes to mind. They are always rated middle of the pack in rankings now, if its the hockeysnews or hockeysfuture. The sens just don't get the respect they desrve. We draft and develop better then anyteam in the league, just look at Meszaros we got him late 20th overall and now 2 years later he cracked our lineup which is no easy task and he loos like a saavy veteran, a future number 1 on our hands. Hell Boshenski made our team and he was drafted 227 overall in 2001. The sens have elite forward propescts over in Russia Kaigorov,Mirnov,Zubov,Nikulin and a couple of pretty good defenseman over there too Lyamin,Anikeyenko,Gimayev and Megalinsky. I am not going to go threw everyone in the sens system but alot of players will make it to NHL in some capacity. Its just that I think our scouting desrves more praise then the media gives them, we have the best scouting system in the league.
Along with Devils, Philly and Avs. You guys have produced some good players, considering where you guys pick.

Old
10-27-2005, 11:48 AM
Sting

Send a message via MSN to Sting
I think we belong around there. Maybe a tad higher because I think we did a great job with Jeff Glass too.

The thing is, our team is comprised of mainly young NHLers...they aren't prospects anymore. A core of Spezza/Heatley/Havlat/Fisher/Chara/Redden is a nice thing to have. All were put into the NHL at a young age and succeeded.

Old
10-27-2005, 11:51 AM
The Fuhr*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting004
I think we belong around there. Maybe a tad higher because I think we did a great job with Jeff Glass too.

The thing is, our team is comprised of mainly young NHLers...they aren't prospects anymore. A core of Spezza/Heatley/Havlat/Fisher/Chara/Redden is a nice thing to have. All were put into the NHL at a young age and succeeded.

Ya but the thing is we keep doing it just look at Meszaros and Eaves.

Closed Thread