HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#4|Oct 15, 2011|Kings at Flyers|7:00 p.m. ET

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-15-2011, 03:33 PM
  #101
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
Kings fans who hate the Flyers make no sense to me.


I hope the fans give Richards the reception he deserves.
They just hate that we give them our scraps

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 04:01 PM
  #102
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 9,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
Really looking forward to this game. I hope everyone gives Richards a standing ovation.
me too but i have a feeling it will be mixed.

on a completely different topic am i the only flyers fan that doesn't like briere? i mean i like what he has done for the team offensively that past two years and how he has helped giroux and now couturier but for some reason i just don't like him.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 04:11 PM
  #103
Midnight Oil
Registered User
 
Midnight Oil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trigzter View Post
go to nhl video center. awesome game recaps
Ok thanks.

Midnight Oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 04:30 PM
  #104
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post

BROADCAST INFO FOR THIS GAME:
  • Television: FS-W (HD) and CSN-PH



hmmmmm, I'm in Philadelphia area ..... and I'll get: Los Angeles Kings at Philadelphia Flyers 7:00 pm DirecTV 774

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 04:32 PM
  #105
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
me too but i have a feeling it will be mixed.

on a completely different topic am i the only flyers fan that doesn't like briere? i mean i like what he has done for the team offensively that past two years and how he has helped giroux and now couturier but for some reason i just don't like him.
Probably.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 04:33 PM
  #106
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,986
vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Ummm, where did you get that? Judging by the fact that Richards wasn't capitalized i'm guessing it wasn't from anywhere reputable.


BroadStBull Sam Carchidi
Quote:
Asked if he had a message for the fans, Richards said, "I don't have a message. I'm coming here to play hockey" So there you go. #Flyers

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 04:34 PM
  #107
salty justice
Registered User
 
salty justice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Albania
Posts: 7,167
vCash: 500
Where's the place to be for a pre game beer near WFC?

salty justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 04:34 PM
  #108
RevUpThoseGolfCarts
Experts at losing
 
RevUpThoseGolfCarts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
BroadStBull Sam Carchidi
yeah, **** you too richards

RevUpThoseGolfCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 04:35 PM
  #109
RevUpThoseGolfCarts
Experts at losing
 
RevUpThoseGolfCarts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by salty justice View Post
Where's the place to be for a pre game beer near WFC?
Chickie and Pete's is probably the most popular place

RevUpThoseGolfCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 04:38 PM
  #110
salty justice
Registered User
 
salty justice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Albania
Posts: 7,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevUpThoseFlyers View Post
Chickie and Pete's is probably the most popular place
Thanks. How is it for respectful away fans?

salty justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 04:38 PM
  #111
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,986
vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevUpThoseFlyers View Post
yeah, **** you too richards
He's downplaying it. I'd be surprised if he wasn't emotional at the start of the game/crowd reception/video tribute. Once he gets passed the first 5-10 minutes, then he's right...it's just a hockey game.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 04:41 PM
  #112
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,986
vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by salty justice View Post
Thanks. How is it for respectful away fans?
Always gonna be a couple drunk a-holes, but as long as your respectful, you'll be fine...and some of our fans may even have your back.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 04:42 PM
  #113
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by salty justice View Post
Thanks. How is it for respectful away fans?
Pretty laid back..
Just make sure to go earlier than you would think..
Made the mistake in the preseason of getting there about 5:45 for a 7 start time.. Was packed and we would have had to wait for atleast 30 mins

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 04:43 PM
  #114
LePalle
Registered User
 
LePalle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 1,840
vCash: 500
I'll be at this game, gonna cheer for Richards or Gagne if they're announced but during the game, screw the Kings, I want everything going the Flyers' way.

LePalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 04:45 PM
  #115
LePalle
Registered User
 
LePalle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 1,840
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by salty justice View Post
Thanks. How is it for respectful away fans?
If you're not wearing one of our rivals jerseys, people will barely care most likely. You should have nothing to worry about, Kings-Flyers isn't exactly a heated rivalry.

LePalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 04:49 PM
  #116
salty justice
Registered User
 
salty justice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Albania
Posts: 7,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton 22 View Post
If you're not wearing one of our rivals jerseys, people will barely care most likely. You should have nothing to worry about, Kings-Flyers isn't exactly a heated rivalry.
Thanks, that's what I was hoping for.

It'll be my first Flyers game and I've heard some Philly fans rival Raiders fans. As in expect physical violence for as little as smiling at the away team scoring.

salty justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 05:04 PM
  #117
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,986
vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by salty justice View Post
Thanks, that's what I was hoping for.

It'll be my first Flyers game and I've heard some Philly fans rival Raiders fans. As in expect physical violence for as little as smiling at the away team scoring.
As long as you don't provoke or taunt, you ought to be fine. Be prepared for some insults to be hurled, some playful...some not so much. Choose your retorts wisely

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 05:07 PM
  #118
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 112,360
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by salty justice View Post
Thanks, that's what I was hoping for.

It'll be my first Flyers game and I've heard some Philly fans rival Raiders fans. As in expect physical violence for as little as smiling at the away team scoring.
Not....typically.


I've been to every Flyers/Kings game since 2002, I've never seen or heard of a mishap.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 05:17 PM
  #119
Damaged Goods
Registered User
 
Damaged Goods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
Here we go with the straw man BS again. LOL

The poster replying didn't say that OrangeCrush DID SAY (or imply) that this game would determine who wins the Richards trade or how the season develops. All he said was that we won't know the outcome of the trade for a number of years.

Your reply here is a straw man argument. LOL
Yes they did. Read carefully.

"It's far too soon for anyone to make any kind of decision on which team won the trade....But it looks like you may have just started watching the Flyers, so you wouldn't understand this."

Damaged Goods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 05:25 PM
  #120
VanSciver
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaged Goods View Post
Yes they did. Read carefully.

"It's far too soon for anyone to make any kind of decision on which team won the trade....But it looks like you may have just started watching the Flyers, so you wouldn't understand this."
No Charlie Girl did not. OrangeCrush made a general statement not about anyone specifically thinking the outcome of the game would cause some to decide who won the trade. Charlie Girl responded that it was much too soon for ANYONE to come to that conclusion

You offered a straw man argument to criticize someone for offering a straw man argument. LOL Your interpretation of what was said was incorrect in my opinion

VanSciver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 05:32 PM
  #121
Damaged Goods
Registered User
 
Damaged Goods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
No Charlie Girl did not. OrangeCrush made a general statement not about anyone specifically thinking the outcome of the game would cause some to decide who won the trade. Charlie Girl responded that it was much too soon for ANYONE to come to that conclusion

You offered a straw man argument to criticize someone for offering a straw man argument. LOL Your interpretation of what was said was incorrect in my opinion
"But it looks like you [OrangeCrush28] may have just started watching the Flyers, so you wouldn't understand this"

This is clearly not just a general statement about "anyone."

Damaged Goods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 05:37 PM
  #122
VanSciver
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaged Goods View Post
"But it looks like you [OrangeCrush28] may have just started watching the Flyers, so you wouldn't understand this"

This is clearly not just a general statement about "anyone."
You should go back and re read what I said. Your offering a straw man argument. What is it with that these days on the internet?

Do you want me to provide the quote of what my reply was?

VanSciver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 05:40 PM
  #123
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity
 
ChumpyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Country: Sami
Posts: 2,722
vCash: 500
There should be a thread dedicated to straw man arguments.


GO FLYERS!!!

ChumpyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 05:49 PM
  #124
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 31,010
vCash: 500
I really wish we had Schenn up to play in this game... but nope, Homer's a retard...

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 05:57 PM
  #125
Gibbs18
Registered User
 
Gibbs18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Elmer, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 948
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
hmmmmm, I'm in Philadelphia area ..... and I'll get: Los Angeles Kings at Philadelphia Flyers 7:00 pm DirecTV 774
Is it a free trial of center ice?? Because i just turned to the channel and it works!!

Gibbs18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.