HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

#4 Kings @ Flyers 10/15/11 - POST GAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS ‎

Old
10-15-2011, 09:22 PM
Quattro

vCash: 500
oh yeah...I forgot to mention that his majesty the Captain Pronger was invisible tonight. I may have enjoyed that more than anything.

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 09:23 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Then he deserved the bench. You can't let players think it's ok to play like that.
I doubt that he does it on purpose. It's probably just a bad habit he's having trouble breaking.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 09:23 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
Penner was terrible tonight, other than sticking for Drew. At one point the puck was in our zone along the boards and he didn't skate for it. He reached out and when his stick didn't reach he just let the Flyers get there first.

Then he had the "pass" where he lightly passed it to a Flyer one-handed. There was no reason for it other than laziness.
What could the Kings get for Penner now in a trade?

sure, he stood up for Doughty but that laziness is uncalled for.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 09:24 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Then he deserved the bench. You can't let players think it's ok to play like that.
If it is the play I'm thinking of, he wasnt going to get to the puck first anyways and didn't want to leave the defenseman wide open in the slot if he chases the puck. Sometimes the correct play is to cover your man and trust your teammates.

I think it was the extended shift that another poster mentioned. That will piss off a coach more than anything.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 09:25 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Total bull **** that Carle got the first star.

Old
10-15-2011, 09:25 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
What could the Kings get for Penner now in a trade?

sure, he stood up for Doughty but that laziness is uncalled for.
Most likely wouldn't get a roster player, it would be a prospect with upside and a pick.

Teams would know the Kings are not happy with his effort, and are looking to dump him.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 09:26 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Most likely wouldn't get a roster player, it would be a prospect with upside and a pick.

Teams would know the Kings are not happy with his effort, and are looking to dump him.
Done!

Old
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
If it is the play I'm thinking of, he wasnt going to get to the puck first anyways and didn't want to leave the defenseman wide open in the slot if he chases the puck. Sometimes the correct play is to cover your man and trust your teammates.

I think it was the extended shift that another poster mentioned. That will piss off a coach more than anything.
I didn't see the play or the extended shift, will look for it on my DVR.

Old
Johnny Utah

Richards showed me something tonight, right off the bat he got into a little thing with Pronger and then the Vorachek hit, he knew he had to change the momentum.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 09:28 PM
ru4reals

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
Post Game Interview with Richards (talking about Rinaldo):

"Who were you talking to on the Flyers bench?"

"Ehhh that guy who didn't play very much"..."tough playing against guys like that who just run around and don't realize there's a puck on the ice"
Love This guy!

ru4reals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sjmay*

Quote:

The one in his own end on the near side, about half wall? If that's the one, he didn't have to get to the puck first, he had to get there to get the man or the puck, he was barely moving, it was a ********* play.

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Richards showed me something tonight, right off the bat he got into a little thing with Pronger and then the Vorachek hit, he knew he had to change the momentum.
And Simmonds was rather quiet tonight, was he not? I still would love to have him on the Kings, but he is certainly not an impact player like Richards is.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ru4reals

Quote:
That's what TRUE captains do!

ru4reals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 09:29 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
I doubt that he does it on purpose. It's probably just a bad habit he's having trouble breaking.
He gets the lazy tag because he doesn't chase after pucks he's not going to get to.

How many times do people complain when someone is running around chasing the puck and getting out of position?

If he was benched for a bad pass, then the entire team would have to be benched. Especially Williams and Kopitar tonight. The had some bad passes that led to chances against.

What about Richardson missing the net on a 3-on-1 and trapping hs line mates? That was brutal, but he wasn't benched.

Penner is just in the doghouse. Much like Frolov. Both players have been called lazy. Both have scored 30 goals in the NHL too.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 09:31 PM
sjmay*

Quote:

What about Richardson missing the net on a 3-on-1 and trapping hs line mates? That was brutal, but he wasn't benched.

Penner is just in the doghouse. Much like Frolov. Both players have been called lazy. Both have scored 30 goals in the NHL too.
Wow, you really just hammered the point home.

Richardson wasn't benched because he gives 100% effort on every shift.

Penner was, because he does not.

Thanks for that.

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 09:31 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
And Simmonds was rather quiet tonight, was he not? I still would love to have him on the Kings, but he is certainly not an impact player like Richards is.
I think Simmer did not enjoy playing against his former team. Didn't have that energy he has had those first few games.

Old
10-15-2011, 09:36 PM
Johnny Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I knew someone would call me out because I have been one of the few doubters or the Richards deal mainly because I just didn't like giving up 3 young pieces especially a heart and soul guy like Simmonds...Maybe it's my programming because it is only really the 2nd time Lombardi has done that, give up youth for an older more experienced player (Penner), I am used to trading FOR youth.

But I guess the time is now.

BTW, no one can hate on Westgarth or Clifford tonight, they both challenged Rinaldo and when he wouldn't fight, Kevin took it into his own hands.

Old
10-15-2011, 09:36 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
He gets the lazy tag because he doesn't chase after pucks he's not going to get to.

How many times do people complain when someone is running around chasing the puck and getting out of position.

If he was benched for a bad pass, then the entire team would have to be benched. Especially Williams and Kopitar tonight. The had some bad passes that led to chances against.

Well, maybe Penner will join Fro in the khl next season. His value has plummeted ever since joining us unfortunately.

I guess Parise talk will continue until he is signed.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 09:38 PM
Johnny Utah

That Penner deal is awful. It was cursed from day 1 when we passed on Myers and picked Teubert and then traded him and a #1 for a guy who just doesn't play consistently and use his size every game like he should. It's the playoffs all over again.

Old
10-15-2011, 09:40 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Quick, Rick, and Jack were amazing tonight. First two have been playing well all trip. By and large the new guys are playing their roles well and doing what some players who've been on this team for a while should be doing, but aren't. I like Moreau in his role as well. Drewiske was also not that bad.

Richie, Stoll, Brown, and Clifford look like they're coasting out there. Greene is just a mess. But a win is a win and I'll take it.

I also like that Westgarth took the Rinaldo situation into his own hands. That was nice and what he should be doing. And everyone complaining about him playing because of no heavyweights or whatever should probably not have done so.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 09:43 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I understand the idea of why they tried to get Penner, he really was the best option available at that time. Unfortunately, he came with a lot of baggage with his questionable work ethic and it makes it look like a bad deal.

The Kings needed a player like Penner, when he is performing. Someone with size who can barrel down the wing with the puck and able to bury it in the net. He did this in the past and is capable of doing it again.

If only they could replace his heart with Adam Deadmarsh's heart...

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 09:46 PM
Johnny Utah

Take the heart of guys like Lewis, Richardson, Clifford and Moreau and put it in Penner.

Old
10-15-2011, 09:47 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

What the hell is going on with brown? he is invisible. he barely hits too. he is out of it

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 09:47 PM
Quattro

Quote:
That Penner deal is awful. It was cursed from day 1 when we passed on Myers and picked Teubert and then traded him and a #1 for a guy who just doesn't play consistently and use his size every game like he should. It's the playoffs all over again.
Hey Johnny, we won.

Flyer fans are whining that Gagne "dived" on the JVR penalty late. I can't stop laughing. JVR's stick was so intertwined with Gagne's legs it looked like basket weaving

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 09:48 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

So Penner and Clifford were benched, Westy is Westy, and DD44 played over A-Mart. We can't afford to be dressing so many players who are not going to contribute

ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote