HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

3 Stars & GBR: Game 03 @ New York Islanders

View Poll Results: 3 Stars?
Artem Anisimov 4 4.40%
Brian Boyle 1 1.10%
Ryan Callahan 1 1.10%
Michael Del Zotto 15 16.48%
Brandon Dubinsky 1 1.10%
Tim Erixon 3 3.30%
Ruslan Fedotenko 0 0%
Marian Gaborik 68 74.73%
Dan Girardi 6 6.59%
Henrik Lundqvist 43 47.25%
Ryan McDonagh 2 2.20%
Brandon Prust 4 4.40%
Brad Richards 40 43.96%
Derek Stepan 29 31.87%
Other 5 5.49%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old
10-15-2011, 09:05 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

vCash: 500
I think Newbury is going to earn himself a call up for the Canada trip. Guy's been an animal with the Whale. Sit Christensen.

And there it is, Newbury called up, but MZA sent down

Last edited by I Eat Crow: 10-15-2011 at 09:14 PM.
I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 09:05 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
I thought we played pretty well, except, of course, the penalties. They slowed down our pace.

No, the refs didn't screw it up. The Rangers' discipline did.
Some of the penalties were awful, the Gaborik penalty... no reason to put yourself in that situation with less than 5 minutes left in the game. However the BS call on Boyle and the one on Erixon (which should have been a goalie interference if anything against the Isles) clearly hurt the Rangers and they were unable to recover. The discipline and the PP needs to get better, until both of those things are adjusted nothing is going to change.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 09:08 PM
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!

Islander fan coming in peace.

IMO, your and our top lines played well, and right now JT is on fire. After that though I wasn't overly impressed with either team. You did get jobbed on two calls, we got jobbed on one, but you watch enough NHL games and you almost have to expect that, or worse some nights.

I do think this sets the stage for more entertaining hockey later as the teams get their legs back from the summer more.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 09:15 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
Some of the penalties were awful, the Gaborik penalty... no reason to put yourself in that situation with less than 5 minutes left in the game. However the BS call on Boyle and the one on Erixon (which should have been a goalie interference if anything against the Isles) clearly hurt the Rangers and they were unable to recover. The discipline and the PP needs to get better, until both of those things are adjusted nothing is going to change.
The penalty on Boyle was fair. It was only a matter of time before he was going to get called on.

The goaltender interference on Callahan was ********, I will say it was, but it is what it is.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 09:16 PM
Zats Muccarello
Grinder

Disappointed.

Zats Muccarello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 09:21 PM
ltrangerfan

It's early in the season but....... The Rangers will not win many games if they lose the specialty teams game by 2 goals ( Islanders 2 Rangers 0).

ltrangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 09:22 PM
John Torturella

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoak View Post
This is a last place team.

Tavares will outscore Gaborik and Richard combined. Moulsen and Okposo will outscore any other Ranger. Streit will outscore any two Ranger defensemen combined.

Rangers will be lucky to win a game in western canada, unless Lundquist can steal one.
Troll much?

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 09:25 PM
John Torturella

Dubinsky was far and away the worst player on the Rangers tonight.

And anyone saying Del Zotto was a star of the game can't be serious. His poor defensive play indirectly cost them the game. He did a stupid, useless spinny thing instead playing defense, which led to the penalty where the Islanders scored. That's 2 losses where he played a large part in the winning goal.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 09:28 PM
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpicowski View Post

And anyone saying Del Zotto was a star of the game can't be serious. His poor defensive play indirectly cost them the game. He did a stupid, useless spinny thing instead playing defense, which led to the penalty where the Islanders scored. That's 2 losses where he played a large part in the winning goal.
Alot of people are still harping on that overrated rookie year.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 09:35 PM
3rd Guy High

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoak View Post
This is a last place team.

Tavares will outscore Gaborik and Richard combined. Moulsen and Okposo will outscore any other Ranger. Streit will outscore any two Ranger defensemen combined.

Rangers will be lucky to win a game in western canada, unless Lundquist can steal one.
Quoted for the future.

3rd Guy High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 09:35 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
The penalty on Boyle was fair. It was only a matter of time before he was going to get called on.

The goaltender interference on Callahan was ********, I will say it was, but it is what it is.
Sorry I disagree on the Boyle call, he never closed his hand on the puck... in the game against the Ducks Del Zotto sat on top of the puck and would not get up, that is a delay of game. He was pushing the puck back and forth, the Ref was in the far corner that was a nonsense call.

The Callahan call was iffy, he made no attempt to get out of the way, though he was tripped, I can live with that one.

The call that Erixon got when the Islander player barreled through Lundqvist was a bunch of BS as far as I'm concerned and if they were going to call Erixon they could have at least called it both ways as Erixon did not push the Islander player into Hank.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 09:38 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpicowski View Post

Yes, you noticed it and how stupid it is. I thought I saw the Islanders player do a little stutter-step to make MDZ do it. I can't think of any player in the NHL who pulls that stupid move so often, and with such poor results. Someone needs to tell him to get real.

Other than that, in comparison to last season, MDZ showed some real improvement.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 10:31 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

The starts are killing us.

Taking penalties in the first 5 minutes of the game kills our momentum for the rest of the game.

Whether the opposing team scores or not, it doesn't help our chances at all.

3 Stars:
Gaborik, Lundqvist, Richards

Dubinsky needs to get his act together. Penalties in the first five minutes and falling down frequently isn't helping. Does he need a new pair of skates?

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 10:32 PM
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Does he need a new pair of skates?
He needs a new pair of hands.

Megustaelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 10:37 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megustaelhockey View Post
He needs a new pair of hands.
Maybe, but I think the discipline and staying and his feet are more important.

He keeps taking penalties early in the game and has fallen down more times in these 3 games than in his entire Rangers tenure.

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 01:56 AM
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain

the good: lundqvist's save of the year. gaborik. i have a good feeling about him this year.

the bad: whatever the hell boyle was doing on the ice when he took that penalty. i dont care if it wasn't a penalty get off the ****ing ice you ****ing moron what the hell are you doing for 30 seconds on the ground? if i was at that game i would've thrown my shoe at him.

the redden: people blaming the refs. face it, we're an undisciplined team. having said that frans nielson had a horrible dive. i think it was a gaborik slash. anyway i only saw the replay once but it looked like he flopped.

Ryan McDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 01:59 AM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 2810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi17 View Post
the good: lundqvist's save of the year. gaborik. i have a good feeling about him this year.

the bad: whatever the hell boyle was doing on the ice when he took that penalty. i dont care if it wasn't a penalty get off the ****ing ice you ****ing moron what the hell are you doing for 30 seconds on the ground? if i was at that game i would've thrown my shoe at him.

the redden: people blaming the refs. face it, we're an undisciplined team. having said that frans nielson had a horrible dive. i think it was a gaborik slash. anyway i only saw the replay once but it looked like he flopped.
Are you really upset at what Boyle did? He was clearly killing the **** out of that penalty.. There was no need for the referee to call a penalty on him, since he wasn't covering the puck, so I have no idea what you're so upset about. You would throw a shoe at him for that beauty of a play? I was literally giving him a round of applause to him while sitting on my couch. This post pretty much makes zero sense.

-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

New and improved Hockey Standings
"A jimmie for a jimmie makes the whole world rustled." — -31-
Kane One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 02:01 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Alot of people are still harping on that overrated rookie year.
Alright you're a little ridiculous. If you legitimately think MDZ cost us the game in any way shape or form you have an agenda against the kid and you shouldn't talk about him because obviously you can't talk objectively. He was great tonight.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 02:05 AM
Colt.45Orr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Alright you're a little ridiculous. If you legitimately think MDZ cost us the game in any way shape or form you have an agenda against the kid and you shouldn't talk about him because obviously you can't talk objectively. He was great tonight.
Exactly.

But some Rangers fans found a whipping boy to their liking last year and they are not going to let it go.

Colt.45Orr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 02:32 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Well, back from the game and I'm usually not one to ***** and complain about officiating because most times it's excuses-- but good Lord let them play. The call on Boyle was on of the most ridiculous things I've seen in all my years watching this league. Delay of game when the puck was alive? Are you ******** me? It directly resulted in momentum shift-- couple that with Lundqvist be run without a penalty being called-- on the same play they penalized Girardi. These are moments in the game that can make or break a game. Swallow the f'en whistle for christ sakes and don't decide a f'en game. #rantover

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 02:34 AM
Dave C

The good - Stepan-Richards-Gabby seemed to gel nicely

The bad - Getting up at stupid o'clock AGAIN and going with little sleep to watch the same old Rangers that never learn their lessons sooooooo frustrating

Dave C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 05:39 AM
fredrikstad

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
I think Newbury is going to earn himself a call up for the Canada trip. Guy's been an animal with the Whale. Sit Christensen.

And there it is, Newbury called up, but MZA sent down
After reading the GDT,I`m glad I could not stay awake for the game.

In a fourth line role,Zucca was set ip to fail,and playing in AHL will be better for him. The way the team is set,there is no room for him in top 6. Hope Rangers trade him.

But in the future,if the ref`s continue to make al those call`s,there will be lesser room for Boyle`s and Dubinskis.

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 06:20 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
good - Hank (heard that one before?) Richards, Gaborik, Stepan (he has to score on the point blank chance though - still think he would do better as a center with somewhat constructive linemates and put someone - Wolski when fully healed? - else on 1 LW - because we need a balance with two constructive lines and 2 grinder lines - not as we played yesterday with 2 grinder lines, one constructive line and one line used sparesly with 5 minute appearances as spares), Girardi, Erixon, McD and hate to say it Tavares/PAP. Honourable mention to Woywitka, Anisimov MDZ and Prust too - who all did not overwhelm but were OK.

Bad - Pack Line (minus Arty) had a very bad day. Dubinsky has imo been downright awful all year so far - (I know only 3 games in - but still I exšpect more) especially regarding the contract he got and what he asked for. Boyle is too slow and uncreative. Eminger is a constant risk when on the ice imo. Zucc got nothing done (needs better linemates imo but it is a waste on the way the team is structured to have him on an energy 4th line with no playmaking ambitions) again and his sending down might mean a trade, Christ was not terrible but is not a good fit on the 4th line (a doable injury replacement on top 2 lines though), Feds grinds but is not nifty with the puck, I have seen NOTHING out of Rupp yet that warrants his signing or $1,5 M/3 year contract (know it is early) - he seems to be skating in concrete.

Redden (ugly) - Refs (basically had an impact on the outcome but good teams should overcome this against inferior teams), the fanbase in The Masoleum, Torts coaching and overall tactics (dump & chase all the time - PP, one minute to go with netminder out, no real tactical plan or analysis).... Potvin Sucks btw! If Torts cannot get this team (which should be better than last years - esp after sauer/Staal return) in a better position in the standings and to play better hockey before Christmas - dump him! His excuses are getting thinner and less convincing by & by and he knows it...

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 07:22 AM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

vCash: 50
The Redden: Refs
The Bad: Canada
The Good: Home stand

Tanner Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2011, 09:09 AM